Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

My AOR was 13th July, and the AOR letter stated 12months for PPR.

Not expecting to hear about medicals till December/January earliest.

And yes... i do check ECAS every Tuesday, and my status still says "received by visa office"
Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:12 am
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my AOR at the start of July. By reading various posts on this forum at the time, I predicated my application would now have gone into processing. Of course it hasn't. Now looking at other posts from people who received their AORs earlier this year, it seems that nothing is being progressed there either.

I sent my docs to CIC back in December 2009 thinking that the entire process would be 6-12 months. How wrong was I. I've kinda just written everything off now in terms of a near future in Canada and instead concentrate on my current life here.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Originally Posted by digg
I received my AOR at the start of July. By reading various posts on this forum at the time, I predicated my application would now have gone into processing. Of course it hasn't. Now looking at other posts from people who received their AORs earlier this year, it seems that nothing is being progressed there either.

I sent my docs to CIC back in December 2009 thinking that the entire process would be 6-12 months. How wrong was I. I've kinda just written everything off now in terms of a near future in Canada and instead concentrate on my current life here.

Hi there,

yep, join the club. I also received my AOR in July (July 20th). And like you, I also thought that the full process would take about a year. Wrong. My BUNAC visa is expiring at the end of this year and I'm still waiting on a decision about a LMO so if that doesn't come through I'll be shipping back home to wait on the PR decision, which based on the updated timelines seems that I won't know about until at least next August

Sending positive vibes to the Vancouver HRSDC office to approve my LMO and make it a min. 2 years.

N.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

like rubberduck i we got our AOR at the back end of August. we remain hopeful that the CIC will have a sudden rush of blood to the head and send out our med requests though

Cant seem to get into ECAS so assume that i must be doing something wrong when loggng in. I choose immigration number and put n my B**** number but it always says that we are not recognised.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

When we first tried to check Ecas it kept coming up that they had no record of us. We had been typing in UK but we were classed as England, maybe yours is the same
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shashy
When we first tried to check Ecas it kept coming up that they had no record of us. We had been typing in UK but we were classed as England, maybe yours is the same
seem to have lost my link to ECAS now, DOH!
anyone got it handy?
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
seem to have lost my link to ECAS now, DOH!
anyone got it handy?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

not sure its working this afternoon

lns
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

not sure its working this afternoon

lns
oh thanks so much! MWAH!!!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

oh thanks so much! MWAH!!!
can you get it too work? i cant, but my internet is very slow today.....
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
can you get it too work? i cant, but my internet is very slow today.....
no good today lins, but will try again tomorrow
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

I cant get it to load today either, have found it has been doing this quite alot lately
Its probably because I check it alot more than I should - even though its only supposed to be updated on a Tuesday. The temptation is just too much!!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shashy
I cant get it to load today either, have found it has been doing this quite alot lately
Its probably because I check it alot more than I should - even though its only supposed to be updated on a Tuesday. The temptation is just too much!!
that i can understand lol
i find it hard not to think about it and get myself all stressed trying to plan everything out when we havent even got a departure date.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

its working again!!!! Good luck to all of you.
lns
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

I got into our ECAS account for the first time this morning.

our application has been received.

thanks for the tip about choosing the right country btw, I had been selecting 'United Kingdom and Colonies' before, its no wonder I couldn't get in lol.
I chose 'Wales' this morning which helped considerably!

now at least I can try and keep an eye on ECAS
Old Nov 7th 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

I got into our ECAS account for the first time this morning.

our application has been received.

thanks for the tip about choosing the right country btw, I had been selecting 'United Kingdom and Colonies' before, its no wonder I couldn't get in lol.
I chose 'Wales' this morning which helped considerably!

now at least I can try and keep an eye on ECAS
No worries
Now you will be checking it all the time (far more than you should be, lol)
Hopefully you wont have too long await before you go 'in process'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.