Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:01 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Just noticed I posted on the Aug timeline thread but not the one that matched mine

anyway, got my Med request dated 30/1/2012), along with request for updated police checks, photos, passport, & various IMM forms.

hoping that nr of forms is usual.

Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Got our meds and request for updated police certs and new cic forms since I think we applied way back in 2009 and circumstances may have changed!

Just about to board a flight to Toronto, but what a way to start a holiday!!!

MS.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Just noticed I posted on the Aug timeline thread but not the one that matched mine

anyway, got my Med request dated 30/1/2012), along with request for updated police checks, photos, passport, & various IMM forms.

hoping that nr of forms is usual.

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Got our meds and request for updated police certs and new cic forms since I think we applied way back in 2009 and circumstances may have changed!

Just about to board a flight to Toronto, but what a way to start a holiday!!!

MS.
What brilliant news for both of you, and an awesome start to your holidays!!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

We received requests for updated UK police certs today, along with updated IMM0008, Schedule A Background, Additional Family info (IMM5406) and new photographs. They also asked for IMM5562E Travel History for the last 10 years, which is pain, the wife and I have travelled a lot in that time for work and pleasure, but hey-ho, better a request for info than nothing at all.

Interestingly, we did not receive med requests in this envelope today..
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

livtastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Im still waiting, no news yet.....hopefully Ill hear something soon though
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just to let you know I got a rejection letter today stating:

You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification code: 0631 Restaurant and food service manager.

Although the NOC code correspond to the occupation specified in the instructions, the main duties that you listed do not indicate that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation, as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a Restaurant and food service manage NOC 0631.

Since you did not provide satisfactory evidence that you have work experience in any of the listed occupation, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

Considering I have been managing bars and nightclubs in the UK and Europe for 8 years + I find this a bizarre reply from them.

What do you think I should do? Anyone ever challenged decisions before? They don't even give you a number to call and speak to someone about the decision. Just that they will send you original application and processing fee back with 8-12 weeks...

Is it worth applying again?

Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Hi

Just to let you know I got a rejection letter today stating:

You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification code: 0631 Restaurant and food service manager.

Although the NOC code correspond to the occupation specified in the instructions, the main duties that you listed do not indicate that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation, as set out in the occupational descriptions of the NOC. I am therefore not satisfied that you are a Restaurant and food service manage NOC 0631.

Since you did not provide satisfactory evidence that you have work experience in any of the listed occupation, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

Considering I have been managing bars and nightclubs in the UK and Europe for 8 years + I find this a bizarre reply from them.

What do you think I should do? Anyone ever challenged decisions before? They don't even give you a number to call and speak to someone about the decision. Just that they will send you original application and processing fee back with 8-12 weeks...

Is it worth applying again?

I dont know anything about appeals in this case, but maybe you could consider the PNP route instead?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think I should do? Anyone ever challenged decisions before?
Sorry to hear your application was rejected.

What exactly did you provide to back up your application, and how many of the 'main duties' were listed on your evidence?

You can't reapply now as that NOC code is full, but you may be able to get them to look at it again if you did provide enough proof of matching that NOC code.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry what is a PNP route?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry what is a PNP route?
Provincial Nominee Program. Different provinces have different rules. It's another way to PR. I'm doing it with Alberta at the moment. For most (I believe), you need a job offer but not all. Do some research if you don't manage to appeal somehow, you might find PNP to be an option for you.

Sorry to hear of your bad news & good luck!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Provincial Nominee Program. Different provinces have different rules. It's another way to PR. I'm doing it with Alberta at the moment. For most (I believe), you need a job offer but not all. Do some research if you don't manage to appeal somehow, you might find PNP to be an option for you.

Sorry to hear of your bad news & good luck!
Ditto ^^

fridgedesign, which province are you aiming to settle in?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Toronto, Ontario...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

PNP Its crazy expensive way of going through the process...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PNP Its crazy expensive way of going through the process...
That may be true, but it is another option...
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:42 am
Just Joined

aram_golbaghi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,
I am new to this forum and i have a question
i want to know how long it takes in London vo from adding "We reviewed yourapplication and started processing ...." to your e-cas till you get the MEDs?
thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.