Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 31st 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Just had a response ....see my post on the Mar/April AOR thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=466

Really pleased that we avoided an excessive demand letter....
Thanks Stoksey and STC xx
Excellent news!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Liesl Maple Leaf is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our PPR today ........ yeah!!!

Liesl
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liesl Maple Leaf

Liesl
Yeeeehaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having a wee Bacardi and Coke for you (or two)
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Liesl
Congratulations that's fab news, I just happened to be drinking a glass of Pinot when I read this, now I have a good excuse to be drinking wine midweek

Tracy
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
now I have a good excuse to be drinking wine midweek
you never need an excuse to have a wee snifter mid week, its part of the process surely

lns
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:48 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Liesl
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Liesl
Superb, or should I be getting in the habit of saying 'Awesome news, for sure'!!

So does that pretty much conclude us Jan & Feb'ers?

BTW, I have the 1 way flights booked for 21st July, booked through Opodo via Air Transat and flying with Thomas Cook, would you believe the flights were nearly £800 cheaper than using Canadian Affair (for exactly the same flight), absolute madness!

Just need a job and somewhere to live and we'll be laughing!
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:52 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Liesl

Great news. Congratulations.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Liesl Maple Leaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all of your good wishes

We're really excited, but there is sooo much to do, it's quite scary.

@stokesey - STC has done her medicals, awaiting PPR.

Liesl
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stokesey
BTW, I have the 1 way flights booked for 21st July, booked through Opodo via Air Transat and flying with Thomas Cook, would you believe the flights were nearly £800 cheaper than using Canadian Affair (for exactly the same flight), absolute madness!
hey! I just got off my 'air transat / canada affair / thomas cook' one way flight. I assume you are on the same plane model as I was - pretty certain its an A330.

If you can upgrade to the marginally better seat you will:
a) be able to breath
b) want to eat the food
c) get free drinks
d) get some sleep hopefully
e) your knees wont touch the seat (unless you are really tall)

These are also flights that don't have the fancy: 'choose what to watch when you want' tv's.

I had to go to work once I got off the plane so i was in a stonking bad mood when I discovered that the seats & aisles were really narrow (the middle seat is EVEN smaller) making it difficult to sleep / be comfortable and that we had to land in Edmonton first before getting to Vancouver (my own fault for not paying attention to the longer flight time).

I paid an extra 50 quid while on the plane and took the last upgraded seat (not sure what it is referred to).

That said - the savings where worth every penny- but you do notice the difference after being on other airlines.

Oh and you can choose your seats 5 days before you fly... best of luck!

BBUK

Last edited by BumbleBeeUK; Jun 16th 2011 at 11:41 pm. Reason: grammar / typo
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK
hey! I just got off my 'air transat / canada affair / thomas cook' one way flight. I assume you are on the same plane model as I was - pretty certain its an A330.

If you can upgrade to the marginally better seat you will:
a) be able to breath
b) want to eat the food
c) get free drinks
d) get some sleep hopefully
e) your knees wont touch the seat (unless you are really tall)

These are also flights that don't have the fancy: 'choose what to watch when you want' tv's.

I had to go to work once I got off the plane so i was in a stonking bad mood when I discovered that the seats & aisles were really narrow (the middle seat is EVEN smaller) making it difficult to sleep / be comfortable and that we had to land in Edmonton first before getting to Vancouver (my own fault for not paying attention to the longer flight time).

I paid an extra 50 quid while on the plane and took the last upgraded seat (not sure what it is referred to).

That said - the savings where worth every penny- but you do notice the difference after being on other airlines.

Oh and you can choose your seats 5 days before you fly... best of luck!

BBUK
Not sure if we can pre-book seats as we booked via Opodo, plan is to stay at Gatwick the night before and check in as early as we can to secure setas together.

If not I pitty the person who gets my 10 year old sat next to them for 9 hours!

Hope things are going okay for you.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

Thank you for all of your good wishes

We're really excited, but there is sooo much to do, it's quite scary.

@stokesey - STC has done her medicals, awaiting PPR.

Liesl
Hey Liesl, Im a guy :P

Lol

Do I come across as a lady?.. haha
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

Liesl
CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

I GOT MY PASSPORT REQUEST ON FRIDAY GUYS!

I've had birthdays/weddings etc on the weekend, plus I drank a bit more than usual but I am OVER THE MOON!

Wow, thats pretty much 2 years since I first applied..

Planning on moving in November to Vancouver!!

WOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.