Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by shashy
Whoo hoo..............have just found out that we have med requests
Great News!! COngratualtions

Originally Posted by humanist

Hope it all works out soon.
Stay positive!!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Oh Wow, Shashy! That was SUUU...PER fast! Great news. I bet you are over the moon, congratulations!

Cherry Jam

PS I wonder when we will go into process...
Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shashy
Whoo hoo..............have just found out that we have med requests
Sweet!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Shashy - Congrats!!

STC - Similar AOR date to us so hopefully we should be soon, still can't figure out why some are in process a couple of weeks and some are months, is your case complicated, mine certainly isn't?

It would appear any that go 'In Process' months into the CIC processing time get med's pretty quickly, maybe CIC looked at ours and thought they have months left to process (and still keep within their target 12 months processing time) and flag the cases with a 'bring forward' date?

On the other hand I could be talking total rubbish (not the 1st time for sure)!! Just trying to make sense of it all!

Good luck
Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stokesey
Just trying to make sense of it all!
I think that's the bit that makes people go crazy
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Stokesey, I am also following your "progress"...if you can call it that!?! I am also wondering what on earth is causing the delay in your application! You have been in process "forever"...I really do not understand how it all works...

Any way, good luck!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cherry Jam
Stokesey, I am also following your "progress"...if you can call it that!?! I am also wondering what on earth is causing the delay in your application! You have been in process "forever"...I really do not understand how it all works...

Any way, good luck!
Thanks..

FWIW Stop the Clocks has been waiting longer than me, also check out 'Glam' timeline, he was similar so it's certainly nothing unusual, I'm just hoping bad news isn't in the pipeline!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Shashy - Congrats!!

STC - Similar AOR date to us so hopefully we should be soon, still can't figure out why some are in process a couple of weeks and some are months, is your case complicated, mine certainly isn't?

It would appear any that go 'In Process' months into the CIC processing time get med's pretty quickly, maybe CIC looked at ours and thought they have months left to process (and still keep within their target 12 months processing time) and flag the cases with a 'bring forward' date?

On the other hand I could be talking total rubbish (not the 1st time for sure)!! Just trying to make sense of it all!

Good luck
I was worried because we didnt do in process for months and months. I asked the Immigration Advisor we are using and she said that it all depends on the Visa Officer who is dealing with your case, they all work differently. I don't know how correct she is. She also said that the applications are dealt with in the order they are received in so you should hear something really soon.
I think ours was quite straightforward too.
I hope you hear something soon and everyone else who is waiting too!!
Thanks for all the congrats
Shashy
Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Thanks..

FWIW Stop the Clocks has been waiting longer than me, also check out 'Glam' timeline, he was similar so it's certainly nothing unusual, I'm just hoping bad news isn't in the pipeline!
Hey dude,

Still nothing i take it?.

We got our meds done the other week and sent back the RPR Fee and some additional info they wanted to back to the waiting game now. wonder how long this part will take.

Chin up, it must be soon.

Gav.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Glam
Hey dude,

We got our meds done the other week and sent back the RPR Fee and some additional info they wanted to back to the waiting game now. wonder how long this part will take.

Gav.
Nope still nothing, it's a bit worrying as some of the March AOR's are starting to get med req's now.

I'll drop them an email at the end of the month as we'll have reached 8 months from AOR date, it says in the letter if you don't hear anything after 8 months to contact them, sure it'll be a standard response though....

Sad as it is I've plotted a load of timelines in an excel spreadsheet, there's simply no logic to it, why was/is yours, mine and STC's in process for months and some in process for only 10 days??

Very frustrating...
Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Nope still nothing, it's a bit worrying as some of the March AOR's are starting to get med req's now.

I'll drop them an email at the end of the month as we'll have reached 8 months from AOR date, it says in the letter if you don't hear anything after 8 months to contact them, sure it'll be a standard response though....

Sad as it is I've plotted a load of timelines in an excel spreadsheet, there's simply no logic to it, why was/is yours, mine and STC's in process for months and some in process for only 10 days??

Very frustrating...
Seems so unfair...some people have advanced us inthe queue also and we are way behind you! Am totally pleased for them, honest, but just seems so random.
Admiring your patience.
lns

Last edited by LinsyPinsy; Sep 11th 2010 at 9:35 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

Very frustrating...
Im hoping I get back to Londonin a few weeks and its waiting in the mail for me, my parents just missing it when reviewing my post...

UGH!!

wait is hurting.. gotta jump back to real life again in 2 weeks and leave canada behind.. hoped id get it by now but not to be...

Waiting to exhale...
Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Seems so unfair...some people have advanced us inthe queue also and we are way behind you! Am totally pleased for them, honest, but just seems so random.
Admiring your patience.
lns
Wait is all we can do, totally in their hands.... One way or another our time will come, just hope it's good news
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

It's difficult to understand the adhoc way visas seem to be processed. The waiting game can be quite stressful; it was for us. Looking at some time lines our wait was relatively speedy. I have my fingers crossed for all of you waiting and look forward to seeing your posts on here when you received your visas.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Glam
Hey dude,

Gav.
Hi Gav/Glam
think our time lines are pretty much the same now... keep me posted if anything happens your end and i will do the same.

Best of luck all

BBUK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.