Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Ok great! Thanks Binty..

I got to get some prep done for the medical requests to be done in London so that I dont waste any time if they were to come tomorrow...

I can just get to bookin' straight away!!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by canman
Just thought I would check CIC and there it was IN PROCESS .Just when i thought they had forgotten me Good luck hope you all get it soon
Excellent, all the best!!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

canman will become famous soon enoughcanman will become famous soon enough

Thanks Stokesey stoptheclocks & Binty . It will come to he who waites...... good luck to all ..All the best Ian............
Originally Posted by stokesey
Old Apr 12th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

Stokesey! We are next mate.. I can feel it

All about the good vibes

I'm really happy I'm seeing movement on someones application after a few months of nothing... May not be mine but at least someone is getting somewhere!!

Great news!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks
Stokesey! We are next mate.. I can feel it

All about the good vibes

I'm really happy I'm seeing movement on someones application after a few months of nothing... May not be mine but at least someone is getting somewhere!!

Great news!
I know, I'm cacking it as I'm half expecting the knock back , a tense time for sure!!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

I know, I'm cacking it as I'm half expecting the knock back , a tense time for sure!!
why would that be?... Canada have technically already accepted you, and now its just London double checking the actual info against what you submitted and all should be ok right?..

Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

why would that be?... Canada have technically already accepted you, and now its just London double checking the actual info against what you submitted and all should be ok right?..

Not from what I understand, CIO do very basic checks that your experience fits the main duties of the relevant NOC code your claiming under, that's pretty much it.

When it gets to London they can still reject on not meeting the criteria, i.e. they don't believe you perform enough of the duties etc etc...

Although my partners job does meet most of the required criteria (7 of the 10 main duties if I remember rightly) the employee reference letter is quite specific to accounting and I'm worried that the visa officer won't easily identify the finance specific terminology that her employer has used, I've sent a 2nd reference letter that's a little less specific and hopefully will make the visa officers job a little easier in making an informed decision, that said I believe they're within rights to discard this as it wasn't sent in the original 'single' application.

We're also applying with level 3 NVQ's (counting as 2 yr diploma), so this could be another stumbling block. Points wise I work out that we have either 67 or 72 depending how they score the education, if they don't count the NVQ as anything then 62 (they shouldn't as it was post secondary and done at a business college)!! There's much debate on here around NVQ's, some have had them counted and some possibly not. I've tried to evidence it as best I can but who knows.

On the up side we're both in good 'reasonable' paying jobs, financially secure (house sold & cash in the Bank) and have a very uncomplicated background (not sure how much this counts though).

Hopefully I have nothing to worry about and just being a bit of a drama queen, we shall soon see!

Cheers, Stuart.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Not from what I understand, CIO do very basic checks that your experience fits the main duties of the relevant NOC code your claiming under, that's pretty much it.

When it gets to London they can still reject on not meeting the criteria, i.e. they don't believe you perform enough of the duties etc etc...

Although my partners job does meet most of the required criteria (7 of the 10 main duties if I remember rightly) the employee reference letter is quite specific to accounting and I'm worried that the visa officer won't easily identify the finance specific terminology that her employer has used, I've sent a 2nd reference letter that's a little less specific and hopefully will make the visa officers job a little easier in making an informed decision, that said I believe they're within rights to discard this as it wasn't sent in the original 'single' application.

We're also applying with level 3 NVQ's (counting as 2 yr diploma), so this could be another stumbling block. Points wise I work out that we have either 67 or 72 depending how they score the education, if they don't count the NVQ as anything then 62 (they shouldn't as it was post secondary and done at a business college)!! There's much debate on here around NVQ's, some have had them counted and some possibly not. I've tried to evidence it as best I can but who knows.

On the up side we're both in good 'reasonable' paying jobs, financially secure (house sold & cash in the Bank) and have a very uncomplicated background (not sure how much this counts though).

Hopefully I have nothing to worry about and just being a bit of a drama queen, we shall soon see!

Cheers, Stuart.
I think they would go at lengths to rather you get it than not.. I take the view that they would rather you get the visa than not and would only really reject you if it was something blatant that didnt fit..

Points wise I think you will be fine.. and you seem safe and secure now so again another plus

I wish you all the best and hopefully we'll be on the other side in a few months wondering what all the fuss was about

Cheers!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here's hoping, where you heading.

My plan is Calgary as I have a brother who moved there a few years ago, works for Calgary Police Service, he's settled really well.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tax stuff

Just spoke to my accountant in Canada (im finishing my 09 return) and just in case you havent been doing it, keep all receipts safe for medicals, fees for visas, moving costs etc as these can be deducted on your tax return if you land in 2010

Cheers

STC
Old Apr 15th 2010, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Michael-B is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone please provide a link to the site where application status can be checked? I tried through the CIC but received a message saying an update cannot be provided.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:03 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Tax stuff

Just spoke to my accountant in Canada (im finishing my 09 return) and just in case you havent been doing it, keep all receipts safe for medicals, fees for visas, moving costs etc as these can be deducted on your tax return if you land in 2010

Cheers

STC
I'm not sure that's true..... Paging JonBoyE for comment....
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by G77
I'm not sure that's true..... Paging JonBoyE for comment....
?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael-B
Can someone please provide a link to the site where application status can be checked? I tried through the CIC but received a message saying an update cannot be provided.

Thanks,

Michael
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:24 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

?
He's the resident accountant, but I don't think he hangs around in the Immigration section (not normal to see tax issues in here), so I sent him the thread for his comment....

IIRC someone on here before was told misleading information about claiming moving expenses to Canada from the UK (I believe there is some provision for within Canada, but not from UK to Canada).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.