Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old Aug 8th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by stokesey
CAIPS is a copy of you immigration file, my understanding is that it contains all the info input by the visa officer dealing with your case. Search this forum and you should get some decent info.

Good luck.
Just got the most recent copy of the Canada magazine from WH Smith. I think the delay has been down to them changing the list of 38 - to 29!!. It was only finally decided on the 24th July. I'm sure they must have put a hold on everything till this was all decided. They've taken off quite a few from the old list and introduced 10 new ones!.

Hopefully now this is all sorted we'll see some progression through all of our applications.

Which NOC job were you going under?

Cheers,

Gav.

Gav.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

Just to let you know my head looks like this when I check ECAS

That is all...
Old Aug 10th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Glam
Just got the most recent copy of the Canada magazine from WH Smith. I think the delay has been down to them changing the list of 38 - to 29!!. It was only finally decided on the 24th July. I'm sure they must have put a hold on everything till this was all decided. They've taken off quite a few from the old list and introduced 10 new ones!.

Hopefully now this is all sorted we'll see some progression through all of our applications.

Which NOC job were you going under?

Cheers,

Gav.

Gav.
I think you might be right.

Talking of the new Canada magazine - I have never seen such a poorly produced or mistaken ridden magazine in all my life.

Good luck guys hope you hear something soon.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Zara-Lou is an unknown quantity at this point

Popped out of the house for 10 mins, just 10 mins and the postie calls when I'm gone. Tracking number on the card tells me it should be our passports, and Ecas has been updated today to 'Decision Made', but now I have the agonising wait until 4pm before I can collect the package and see for sure!

Too afraid to get properly excited until I actually see the visas for myself - Oohhh the nerves!!!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Alabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zara-Lou
Popped out of the house for 10 mins, just 10 mins and the postie calls when I'm gone. Tracking number on the card tells me it should be our passports, and Ecas has been updated today to 'Decision Made', but now I have the agonising wait until 4pm before I can collect the package and see for sure!

Too afraid to get properly excited until I actually see the visas for myself - Oohhh the nerves!!!
How exciting - keep us posted
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations! It must be such a great feeling. Enjoy every moment-it is your moment...
Please remember to tell us what was in the package!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Alabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond repute

oh my goodness, postie just knocked. lovely brown parcel containing 4 shiny visas! Hopefully now our journey wil begin

Good luck to those still waiting.

A x
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alabama
oh my goodness, postie just knocked. lovely brown parcel containing 4 shiny visas! Hopefully now our journey wil begin

A x
Wow, congratulations Alabama!! You sent your passports off same day as me, looks like we were in the same batch! Best of luck for the next part of your adventure!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

A x
Congratulations, you got through the system quick
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:36 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

A x
Congratulations
Old Aug 10th 2010, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

A x
Congratulations

We dropped our passports off in person and will be collecting them on Thursday - hopefully with those shiny visas in!

Congratulations
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

OMG, I am actually shaking from head to toe - postie came back to deliver the package (when does that ever happen?)... AND IT HAD OUR SHINY VISAS INSIDE!!! Sooooo excited!!

Best of luck and for super quick processing for all still waiting!

PS - Royal Mail just went to the top of my Christmas card list!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zara-Lou
OMG, I am actually shaking from head to toe - postie came back to deliver the package (when does that ever happen?)... AND IT HAD OUR SHINY VISAS INSIDE!!! Sooooo excited!!

Best of luck and for super quick processing for all still waiting!

PS - Royal Mail just went to the top of my Christmas card list!
Brilliant news
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

canihope is an unknown quantity at this point

well done you guys who got the visas today or will pick em up on Thursday, delighted for you all.
Enjoy your day, Celebrate!
Nikki XXX
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:38 am

gjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Congratulations Alabama and Zara-Lou!!

Haven't been on for a while but just to say hello from (very hot and sunny) Toronto-where we landed officially last week! It was a surprisingly straightforward process-we were ushered off into the Immigration section after showing our passports and PR info-the officer spoke to us for less than 5minutes-didn't ask to see anything other than our paperwork; for example, he asked how much money we would have with us and we told him verbally and that was fine. We were then ushered off into another section with our goods to follow forms (definately bring those as well as goods accompanying even if you're only landing and returning to UK, they were hot on this), and then we were throug....all a bit of an anti-climax really after all the waiting but of course a fantastic moment as well.

Back to pouding pavements job-hunting, neighbourhood exploring and generally getting to know this soon-to-be-new-home...Good luck to everyone else, I hope things begin to speed up again soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.