Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

have booked medicals, unfortunately cant book us in until the 26th of august (really busy) and even then the three of us have to go on seperate days ie. 26th 27th and the 30th for my son, bit of a bummer really,oh well another hurdle
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road

ignore above message re-booked with another practice and it is now the 10th of august and we are all together.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizziem
have booked medicals, unfortunately cant book us in until the 26th of august (really busy) and even then the three of us have to go on seperate days ie. 26th 27th and the 30th for my son, bit of a bummer really,oh well another hurdle
Hi,
Our timeline is roughly the same.
Its good news that you have booked your medicals, albeit at different times, but at least like you said its another hurdle.
Our status has been 'received by Visa Office' since February and now Im worried that something is wrong or they have perhaps mislaid it
It is strange how the London Office work, you would think the applications would be dealt with in the order they are received but it doesn't seem like they are.
I think im addicted to the ecas status because I check it everyday, lol. Am going to try to just check it on a Wednesday morning from now on (thats gonna be hard) and hopefully in the near future it will change to 'in process'
Anyway, rant over!!
Best of luck to everyone on here and fingers crossed London Office will pick up soon and we will all hear from them soon
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad I eventually checked the email yesterday evening - we received our passport request!! Plan B kicked-in this morning, and my wife dropped off our passports today at CHC - she just called me from Oxford Street to let me know. This is proving to be an expensive process........

We weren't expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks. A very pleasant surprise! Good luck to all of you still waiting for news.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

I couldn't resist and had to check the e-Cas but still nothing has changed. Has read 'received by Visa Office' since February
Old Jul 31st 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by shashy
I couldn't resist and had to check the e-Cas but still nothing has changed. Has read 'received by Visa Office' since February
Hmmm, that's a long time, that said still well within the 12 months expected procesing time. There's a few of us that have been in process for a few months now and nothing has happened, try not to worry about it, the longer I wait the less I check ECAS, down to only 3 - 4 times a day now
Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

I'm just getting a little worried because e-cas hasn't changed at all since we sent the full documents to London. I would have thought it would of at least changed to 'in process'
I will just have to keep checking it and hoping!!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by stokesey
Hmmm, that's a long time, that said still well within the 12 months expected procesing time. There's a few of us that have been in process for a few months now and nothing has happened, try not to worry about it, the longer I wait the less I check ECAS, down to only 3 - 4 times a day now
I think the whole office has shut down and gone on holiday!!!. Hopefully they'll all return and get back to work very soon!!!

Gav.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

thought i would update you all to say i still have heard nothing

I requested an update at start of July and was told it was with an officer pending review.

anyone else waiting over a year now?

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Liesl Maple Leaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining your group.

BumbleBee - our timeline is very similar to yours - still waiting for meds as well. I have to admit that I have become very good at waiting .

Hope to hear something soon. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Liesl
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK
thought i would update you all to say i still have heard nothing

I requested an update at start of July and was told it was with an officer pending review.

anyone else waiting over a year now?

Thanks
Is that over a year since it's been at London, or since sending to CIO?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

lovekan is on a distinguished road

today i received my 2nd AOR, what next....
Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

lovekan is on a distinguished road

a
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J2FCM
Glad I eventually checked the email yesterday evening - we received our passport request!! Plan B kicked-in this morning, and my wife dropped off our passports today at CHC - she just called me from Oxford Street to let me know. This is proving to be an expensive process........

We weren't expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks. A very pleasant surprise! Good luck to all of you still waiting for news.
Hey we dropped our passports off at the same time. Possibly bump in to you when we collect them on the 12th. We travelled from Halifax as we needed our passports back for a holiday at the end of this month. Good luck where abouts are you thinking of settling in Canada?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Checked the ECAS this morning....................still no change.
I think I will go into shock if it ever does change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.