Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Des and Chris View Post
The process doesn't seem to have slowed down for us. We now have our passport request and they have been sent off. Our application was for FSW.
hi,

Did you have a secured job offer in your application? and what provence are you looking to settle in?? Just trying to make a bit of sense of all of this???

Cheers,

Gav
Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glam View Post
hi,

Did you have a secured job offer in your application? and what provence are you looking to settle in?? Just trying to make a bit of sense of all of this???

Cheers,

Gav
Here's one for you all......do you think there are different processing times for different provinces???

Just a stab in the dark...i'm going slightly bonkers!!!

Gav.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Here's one for you all......do you think there are different processing times for different provinces???

Just a stab in the dark...i'm going slightly bonkers!!!

Gav.
I think there maybe, although I'm guessing, what province did you put down??
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stokesey View Post
I think there maybe, although I'm guessing, what province did you put down??
Alberta. U?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Alabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond reputeAlabama has a reputation beyond repute

Alberta. U?
we put bc
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Alberta. U?
Alberta, Calgary...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Alberta, Calgary...
Snap!!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snap!!
Okotoks??
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Okotoks??
Prob McKenzie Towne / Auburn Bay. Will hopefully be commuting to the NE so can't get too far out. Did like Okotoks when we had a look around back in March.

When you hoping to go?.....if the queue ever starts moving again!!

Gav.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road

just recieved my med requests today.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 3:22 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lizziem View Post
just recieved my med requests today.
Good news. Long wait though!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am new to the site, hope you dont mind me joining in.
Our application was received at Sydney NS on 18th November 2009.
All documents were requested and sent to London and received by them 27th January 2010.
We have heard nothing from anyone since and the status just says pending review and has done for months.
It is soooo frustrating
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

canihope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shashy View Post
Hi,
I am new to the site, hope you dont mind me joining in.
Our application was received at Sydney NS on 18th November 2009.
All documents were requested and sent to London and received by them 27th January 2010.
We have heard nothing from anyone since and the status just says pending review and has done for months.
It is soooo frustrating
Hi Shashy,

Welcome to the forum.

You can see from our timeline below that we are pretty much the same as you.
I know how you feel re. the frustration, we are so downhearted and disappointed to have not at least seen "in process" by now.

I am hoping that the summer slowdown in London is the only reason why, and now seeing your posting I feel a little better again that we are not alone so I hope you feel a little better knowing your not too!

We have to sign on our house sale in a couple of weeks and we have 4 little girls we need to find a new temporary home for, (thought they would be starting school in Canada this September) Definitely now feeling a mixture of guilt and fear but we are going to keep the faith!

I wish you luck!
Best wishes
Nikki X
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Prob McKenzie Towne / Auburn Bay. Will hopefully be commuting to the NE so can't get too far out. Did like Okotoks when we had a look around back in March.

When you hoping to go?.....if the queue ever starts moving again!!

Gav.
I'd be looking at going in the warmer months, so possibly May 2011, assuming we're not rejected!

Interesting that Lizziem has received med reqs, her timeline is quite similar to mine.

Good luck!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

shashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canihope View Post
Hi Shashy,

Welcome to the forum.

You can see from our timeline below that we are pretty much the same as you.
I know how you feel re. the frustration, we are so downhearted and disappointed to have not at least seen "in process" by now.

I am hoping that the summer slowdown in London is the only reason why, and now seeing your posting I feel a little better again that we are not alone so I hope you feel a little better knowing your not too!

We have to sign on our house sale in a couple of weeks and we have 4 little girls we need to find a new temporary home for, (thought they would be starting school in Canada this September) Definitely now feeling a mixture of guilt and fear but we are going to keep the faith!

I wish you luck!
Best wishes
Nikki X
Hi Nikki,
Thanks for your reply. It helps to know that other people are in the same 'boat' as us.
Our son has had to put applying for Uni on hold, we were hoping to be going around Autumn time too. Looks like it will be next year instead.
We were hoping to have done a reccie by now but are hanging on until we know for sure that we are not going to be knocked back!
Good luck finding a temporary home for your little family and hopefully we will hear something soon.
Best Wishes
Sharon x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.