Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
thanks all of you for your good wishes. Tiger going down next thursday and we will both go down on the 28th to pick up VISA's yehhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Happy days indeed.

lns
Handed mine in today

I will have mine in 2 weeks!! YAY

Make sure you keep all the documents seperate.. no envelope needed etc. They will ask for your passport (check that there are 2 blank pages) 2 photos (name and file number on the back) and for the updated form to be handed in.

Easy peasy!

Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks
Make sure you keep all the documents seperate
What documents do you need?

lns
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

What documents do you need?

lns
Sorry, the ones I mentioned above.

The new form that is in the letter they send you, passport and 2 photos. Thats it
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, the ones I mentioned above.

The new form that is in the letter they send you, passport and 2 photos. Thats it
HHhhhhmmm. I dont think we got a form with the letter. I'll get Tiger to check.

thanks

lns
x
Old Sep 6th 2011, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys,

I may need to land quickly and then come back due to family issues. Do you think there are any issues with this at all?

Thanks!

STC
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Hey guys,

I may need to land quickly and then come back due to family issues. Do you think there are any issues with this at all?

Thanks!

STC
STC - that'll be fine, I'd just mention it to Immigration when you go through the landing procedure.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys

Any advice on medical info out there?

I've recently been a bit ill but still plan to move soon. However, Ill need a bit of going to see the doc every now and then whilst im there.

How does it work out there with medical expenses etc?

Thanks guys!

STC
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey guys

Any advice on medical info out there?

I've recently been a bit ill but still plan to move soon. However, Ill need a bit of going to see the doc every now and then whilst im there.

How does it work out there with medical expenses etc?

Thanks guys!

STC
You will need to get some interim insurance from blue cross(amongst others) for the first 3 months until you get your care card. My understanding however is that it doesn't cover you for pre existing conditions so you may have to pay for the visit and any meds prescribed out of your own pocket.
I suffer from migraines so I stocked up on my tabs before I came over but I guess that option may not be suitable for you.
Good luck x
Lns
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

You will need to get some interim insurance from blue cross(amongst others) for the first 3 months until you get your care card. My understanding however is that it doesn't cover you for pre existing conditions so you may have to pay for the visit and any meds prescribed out of your own pocket.
I suffer from migraines so I stocked up on my tabs before I came over but I guess that option may not be suitable for you.
Good luck x
Lns
Thanks Lns!

From this link on the canada site, they recommend 3 http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_d...faq_id=4001254

Blue Cross
ETFS
and TIC

Is Blue Cross the best?

I'm clueless

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Lns!

From this link on the canada site, they recommend 3 http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_d...faq_id=4001254

Blue Cross
ETFS
and TIC

Is Blue Cross the best?

I'm clueless

Thanks in advance!
Blue cross are ok, but we had to claim for Tiger who came off the plane ill with a pharygitis. They paid up for consult and meds but only after about 5-6 phone calls and getting passed from pillar to post during each of those calls.
Had to claim 2 weeks ago as migraine meds ran out and had to consult a dr. They said they would get back to me that afternoon with a decision but...of course they didn't. I phoned again and they said I woulndnt hear until the new year. I think it's a ploy to put you off following through with the claim. I'm not sure if I'll be covered as it's a pre existing condition. I'm dreading having to chase them up in the new year. At least the phone calls are free.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

I start my move to Canada next week... Vancouver here I come!!

BOOOOOOOOYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!! Welcome to Vancouver.
Lnsy
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

oceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really nice

HOOOOOOORAAAAAY - Fabtastic News!!!!!
We've been in Van since June & LOVE IT!

Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys!

Hows it going?

Starting to get nervous that they are gonna reject me at the airport and ask me to turn back home .. lol

What is the procedure at the airport like? I have a list of things I have with me, bank letters and a list of goods to arrive.

Is there anything else I may need?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

STC
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

oceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really nice

Hi STC,

Our 'landing' last March was a wee nightmare as there was a HUGE queue ahead of us - so a 4 hour wait with two demented 3 year olds!
But I'm told this is NOT usual. When we got to the front the official was calm & v laid back. No mentions of proof of funds - although we had our statements. All went well...
We were returning to sell our house so they told us to give in our Goods To Follow list when we landed permanently & our goods were being shipped... So in June we gave in the list & it was extremely smooth - lots of lovely Welcome To Canada greetings & Congratulations... The only thing we were asked was whether we were shipping any mattresses (we weren't) as they are prohibited...

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll be fine

Hey guys!

Hows it going?

Starting to get nervous that they are gonna reject me at the airport and ask me to turn back home .. lol

What is the procedure at the airport like? I have a list of things I have with me, bank letters and a list of goods to arrive.

Is there anything else I may need?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

STC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.