Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Tracy, you are right. It only applies to post 26th june apps. Although it does seem that there is an overall PR quota that they dont go over, hence the lack of PPR's towards the end of 2010 and the plethora of PPR's early 2011-if that makes sense.
Thanks for clarifying Linsy. We are hoping to be processed by summer so hopefully before any quotas are reached Our AOR said if we don't hear by February to contact them, so in theory we could hear any time, not that I'm holding my breath
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:17 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Linsy

I agree about what you say on the NOC side of things. If we were pre 26th June 2010 applicants and we've received an AOR it would appear (nothing is set in stone around here) that our application has been accepted for processing.. eventually

As we seem to think there may be a limit on the number of PR's CIC will issue per annum, it would be helpful if someone could come up with a definitive answer, if indeed there is a PR limit, or even if CIC London know themselves

Possibly we are simply seeing year end delays through CIC London getting snowed under (excuse the pun) due to extra applications, annual holidays Christmas etc.?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by james.mc
Linsy

I agree about what you say on the NOC side of things. If we were pre 26th June 2010 applicants and we've received an AOR it would appear (nothing is set in stone around here) that our application has been accepted for processing.. eventually

As we seem to think there may be a limit on the number of PR's CIC will issue per annum, it would be helpful if someone could come up with a definitive answer, if indeed there is a PR limit, or even if CIC London know themselves

Possibly we are simply seeing year end delays through CIC London getting snowed under (excuse the pun) due to extra applications, annual holidays Christmas etc.?
Yes there are "quotas" or targets as CIC likes to refer to them. In 2010 the targets are:

Federally Selected 89,000 95,200 Immigrants
Federal Skilled Workers 66,500 - 71,415
Federal Business* 8,900 - 9,520
Canadian Experience Class 2,670 - 2,850
Live-in Caregivers 8,000 - 10,000
Quebec-selected Skilled Workers 28,400 -29,500
Quebec-selected Business*† 1,900 - 2,100
Provincial and Territorial Nominees 37,000 - 40,000

Each office is given a % of the total based on the historic % of applications from each area of the world processed by that office. Quotas are transferred from office to office where it appears that an office will have fewer applicants than normal. Once an office reaches it's quota for Economic class, that is it to the following year. Has no effect on spousal applications, but there is an overall quota of 15-18K (2010) for Parents and Grandparents down from 18-19K in 2009.

If you are interested the plan is posted at http://tinyurl.com/64wqos8
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:25 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes there are "quotas" or targets as CIC likes to refer to them. In 2010 the targets are:

Federally Selected 89,000 95,200 Immigrants
Federal Skilled Workers 66,500 - 71,415
Federal Business* 8,900 - 9,520
Canadian Experience Class 2,670 - 2,850
Live-in Caregivers 8,000 - 10,000
Quebec-selected Skilled Workers 28,400 -29,500
Quebec-selected Business*† 1,900 - 2,100
Provincial and Territorial Nominees 37,000 - 40,000

Each office is given a % of the total based on the historic % of applications from each area of the world processed by that office. Quotas are transferred from office to office where it appears that an office will have fewer applicants than normal. Once an office reaches it's quota for Economic class, that is it to the following year. Has no effect on spousal applications, but there is an overall quota of 15-18K (2010) for Parents and Grandparents down from 18-19K in 2009.

If you are interested the plan is posted at http://tinyurl.com/64wqos8
What about FSW2 - what is the quota for us?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:49 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

PMM

Thanks very much for your, well informed, response. Just what was needed.

best regards
James
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by james.mc
Hi Gaby

The best thing you can do is try to get on with normal life. Get too involved with the process, on a day to day basis, and you'll end up going round the bend as you say.

We're AOR 12th August 2010 showing as 'received by visa office' and, judging by past results posted in the forum, I'm not expecting to hear too much for a couple of months at least. Of course soon would be nice, but that's unlikely to be the case... I'm always open to pleasant surprises though

How about you add your time-line and we'll see where you're at in the process and maybe offer some encouragement to help you out

Hello?!?! ME add a timeline??? You have got to be kidding! I am a total blonde and I am NOT talking hair colour...I am so dense it isn´t even funny and to be perfectly honest, I have looked at my profile to find out how to do it and have not the faintest idea how to do it. Also, since we hired an immigration consultant, I am not really aware of actual dates that letters/emails/requests were sent, my husband would probably know them all (he´s clever, he is) but he´s away with work for a while.
You know, I would love to be able to say that all I need to do in order to relax about the whole timeline thing is to take a few deep breaths and hey presto, I am totally chilled. But our situation is as follows:
My OH lft the Army after 24 yrs in May last year, at which point all our wordly goods were put into storage ready to be shipped to Canada. My OH parents, who own a holiday house, have very kindly offered that they move into the holiday house so that we can have their house rent-free (!!!) until we go. Bear in mind that at the time we were convinced we´d be in Canada around about now! God knows what made us think that...
So, since June last year we live in my parents-in-laws house...in their furniture...sleep in their bed!!!! Freaky doesn´t even begin to describe it! And, by now, I am starting to feel positively homeless. I am pretty much past caring where we live, i just want a home, with my furniture in it and MY bed! Periodically, his parents will ask if we´ve heard anything and we are starting to feel that w´ve outstayed the welcome. So, that´s why we´re so impatient to go.
If you can advise me on how to add my timeline I am happy to put in what I know...which really is not a lot, but I´ll try.
Sorry for the little rant, it had to be done!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hello?!?! ME add a timeline??? You have got to be kidding! I am a total blonde and I am NOT talking hair colour...I am so dense it isn´t even funny and to be perfectly honest, I have looked at my profile to find out how to do it and have not the faintest idea how to do it. Also, since we hired an immigration consultant, I am not really aware of actual dates that letters/emails/requests were sent, my husband would probably know them all (he´s clever, he is) but he´s away with work for a while.
You know, I would love to be able to say that all I need to do in order to relax about the whole timeline thing is to take a few deep breaths and hey presto, I am totally chilled. But our situation is as follows:
My OH lft the Army after 24 yrs in May last year, at which point all our wordly goods were put into storage ready to be shipped to Canada. My OH parents, who own a holiday house, have very kindly offered that they move into the holiday house so that we can have their house rent-free (!!!) until we go. Bear in mind that at the time we were convinced we´d be in Canada around about now! God knows what made us think that...
So, since June last year we live in my parents-in-laws house...in their furniture...sleep in their bed!!!! Freaky doesn´t even begin to describe it! And, by now, I am starting to feel positively homeless. I am pretty much past caring where we live, i just want a home, with my furniture in it and MY bed! Periodically, his parents will ask if we´ve heard anything and we are starting to feel that w´ve outstayed the welcome. So, that´s why we´re so impatient to go.
If you can advise me on how to add my timeline I am happy to put in what I know...which really is not a lot, but I´ll try.
Sorry for the little rant, it had to be done!
Sorry if I sounded angry, that was not my intention, it was actually meant to be funny! As you can see, even my sense of humour is losing it´s sense of humour. Have I mentioned yet that I don´t do waiting...?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Click this link in another browser window: http://britishexpats.com/forum/usercp.php

Then click the edit signature link on the left hand side of the new page.

Enter text
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:50 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Sorry if I sounded angry, that was not my intention, it was actually meant to be funny! As you can see, even my sense of humour is losing it´s sense of humour. Have I mentioned yet that I don´t do waiting...?
Just to let you know that your post did make me laugh
I didn't think you sounded angry at all....chill!

Katie
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

So, I´ve now spend almost 45 minutes trying to edit a signature. If this doesn´t work, I´ll go off in a sulk and after I´ve finished tripping over my bottom lip I shall be back. Promise, not a threat. I think.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Wooohooo! Check me out! Now all I need to know is how to actually USE the smileys on the right hand side of this window, no amount of clicking on them seems to convine them to shift their cute little butts anywhere near my comments. Are they trying to tell me something, I wonder? Would buying artificial intelligence (also known as brunette hair dye) make any difference...?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Oh...just noticed I got the year wrong. Initial application was, of course, sent in 2009, NOT 2010. Doh me...
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

There. That´s better.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:54 pm
All Sooked up!

There that's better Gaby. One Non-blond adds a time-line

I can see where you are coming from with outstaying at the in-laws house. In all honesty most people seem to think it'll go a lot quicker than it ever does. I'm ex military too by the way.. there are a few of us around

All the best
James
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

PMM, thanks for confirming the caps - I thought it worked like that.

No update from me yet guys... ECAS still "received by visa office"...

5 months since AOR next Friday...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.