Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Dec 28th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi Mandeville,
I've counted 120 days from May 10th (only using my phone diary so my page clicking could've been out) and I came up with Sept 7th as the 120th day.
Do you want to double check? Could this be having an effect? I hope I'm wrong...
Kind Regards, Katie
Hi katie

Thanks for your reply, our 120 day letter was dated 20th May and the last date for submitting the application was the 17th Sept. We have emailed our agent and also submitted a question on case specific so have to wait now. we can't believe that it hasn't been received as surely we would have had a letter from immigration that we had gone past the 120 days. Also our agent is an immigration lawyer so would have had some proof of delivery from fedex etc. We will post on here when we know what's happened
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:27 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Smile Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Hi katie

Thanks for your reply, our 120 day letter was dated 20th May and the last date for submitting the application was the 17th Sept. We have emailed our agent and also submitted a question on case specific so have to wait now. we can't believe that it hasn't been received as surely we would have had a letter from immigration that we had gone past the 120 days. Also our agent is an immigration lawyer so would have had some proof of delivery from fedex etc. We will post on here when we know what's happened
Phew! Having re-read your post, I realise when you typed May 10, you meant 2010 and not the 10th of May!

If you check my timeline, you'll see it was 7 and a bit weeks from posting our full application to London to receiving our AOR.

Keeping fingers crossed for you too!

Katie
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks heading-west, I logged in again and selected England and I was on the system but no update since 120 day letter sent. I have sent a case specific enquiry asking them to confirm that my application has been received.
On an optimistic note, the file did not say closed, which I believe it would if the application had not been received by the deadline. I guess it's possible that the system is now so slow that AORs are taking this long (said optimistically)
Keeping my fingers crossed that it did get there in time If your package was recieved in time, your status should have changed to 'recieved by visa office' What status does it say on the first page of ecas?
Please let us know how you get on
linsy
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:31 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

One more to add to the group....

Our application is showing on Ecas as: 'received by visa office' (Through CIC London)

The waiting game continues....

Last edited by james.mc; Dec 30th 2010 at 9:51 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

I've been looking at other people's timelines over the past 12 months and it looks like most people go into process between 4 & 6 months after receipt of their AOR (when using London CHC). So I'm currently crossing fingers that we'll start going into process over the next month or so...

It'll be 5 months for me at the end of Jan...

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Happy New Year to all!!!!
We have roughly the same time line. We're hoping for late Jan/early Feb too. We're also hoping that the housing market picks up so that we can move in the summer.
Lots more waiting but I'm hoping that we've done more than half
Becky
Old Jan 5th 2011, 11:45 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Talking Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Hi

I have to say that i'm glad we're not the only ones going through this!

It's wearing pretty thin now with people constantly asking -
"have you heard anything about Canada yet?"
"when are you going to find out"
"when are you moving to Canada"
"what are you going to do with your house"

....blah blah blah.......!

I know they're only excited for us and interested but it's hard not knowing!

My mum said to me yesterday, "you said you'd know before Christmas", which of course I didn't, she must've grasped onto something I once said maybe about a year ago, before reality actually kicked in!

4 months on the 9th January for us - genuinely excited & keeping my imaginary fingers crossed for everyone else, especially those on the same time-line. Everytime I get an e-mail about a new reply to this thread, I get a tad excited that something's happening for someone, which might be a sign something might happen for us soon too!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckybev
Hi,

Happy New Year to all!!!!
We have roughly the same time line. We're hoping for late Jan/early Feb too. We're also hoping that the housing market picks up so that we can move in the summer.
Lots more waiting but I'm hoping that we've done more than half
Becky
My house is going on the market later this month... It's not driven purely by the desire to move to Canada though, I own it with two friends and I'm due to be married to my fiancee in March and we want our own place.

Good luck

Hi

My mum said to me yesterday, "you said you'd know before Christmas", which of course I didn't, she must've grasped onto something I once said maybe about a year ago, before reality actually kicked in!

4 months on the 9th January for us - genuinely excited & keeping my imaginary fingers crossed for everyone else, especially those on the same time-line. Everytime I get an e-mail about a new reply to this thread, I get a tad excited that something's happening for someone, which might be a sign something might happen for us soon too!
Oh yeah, those questions sound familiar
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Feet on the ground, people! :-)
We'll be at 6 months from date of AOR tomorrow, and we're still "Received by visa office" on ecas...
Guess as much as you like about when things might happen, but you can't affect the timings, they'll just happen when it suits CHC. We've got two more months before the "if you've not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the date of this letter, please contact this office" bit, and only then will I start to wonder about it all...
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Feet on the ground, people! :-)
We'll be at 6 months from date of AOR tomorrow, and we're still "Received by visa office" on ecas...
Guess as much as you like about when things might happen, but you can't affect the timings, they'll just happen when it suits CHC. We've got two more months before the "if you've not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the date of this letter, please contact this office" bit, and only then will I start to wonder about it all...
Our AOR is dated 11 Aug ´10 so we are hoping to hear something...ANYthing! in the next few weeks. I can´t believe it´s going to be at least summer by the time we will be going, the waiting is now officially doing my nut in. Sorry about the whinge everyone, and by the way..happy new year to you all, may we all be happily settled in CA by the end of 2011!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi

yep I agree that those questions are annoyingly familiar! why did we actually tell anyone we are going??
Old Jan 6th 2011, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

Thought I'd let you know that we received a reply from our case specific email from The Client Service Unit stating that they have our application and that we are in a queue awaiting review by an officer, no further action is required from us at this time. They will contact us if they require further information or when they are ready to proceed to the next step of our application. I have taken this to mean that we will not be receiving an AOR
Old Jan 7th 2011, 3:55 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

Thought I'd let you know that we received a reply from our case specific email from The Client Service Unit stating that they have our application and that we are in a queue awaiting review by an officer, no further action is required from us at this time. They will contact us if they require further information or when they are ready to proceed to the next step of our application. I have taken this to mean that we will not be receiving an AOR
Thats great news I had the same message when I sent a case specific email, it really puts your mind at rest, like you said does that mean no AOR letter for us? Will have to wait and see...

...on with the wait.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jobop
Thats great news I had the same message when I sent a case specific email, it really puts your mind at rest, like you said does that mean no AOR letter for us? Will have to wait and see...

...on with the wait.
Hi
We had a reply from the query which our agent had sent today; It was exactly the same but also said that an AOR with a new file number will be sent in due course.
I guess this means that we will get an AOR after all!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

DoubleD will become famous soon enoughDoubleD will become famous soon enough

Hi All,
Havn't been on here for ages (i keep checking ECAS though, but nothing has changed )
We are off on our reccie trip in 4 weeks, still don't know where we want to settle if/when we get our PR. We are going to be doing alot of research and driving in 10 days, hoping to see as much of Alberta and Saskatchewan as we can fit in!!
Keeping mythat someone on here will hear something soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.