Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Dec 26th 2010, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Our AOR was August 11th!!

I am getting so impatient, like many of you i thought by christmas we would have some idea of whether our dream of immigrating would come true, but no.......don't think we'll hear anything before april!! So frustrating!!!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Should i be worried that we are still not.....

"In process"?????
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
Should i be worried that we are still not.....

"In process"?????
I think most of us here are still 'received by visa office'.

i agree its hard to relax and trust in the process when you dont actually know for sure isnt it
we start hearing some news soon
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Dal_Boy24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

It's my 1st time replying on here so go easy lol ....I sent my 1st batch of forms last Dec 2009 and once they were checked in Sydney Nova Scotia....the next lost were received in London in April 2010....Since then not much has happened really ....I've been checking it continuously and they updated to say started processing on Sept 21st 2010.

I emailed my immigration consultant (yep I know many don't wish to use them, but so far it's been ok...although yep probably coudl have done it myself) last week who said if we hear nothing by end of Jan 2011 then he will raise an enquiry.

I'm a little worried because no medical requests and the POCA (Police Check) will probably run out soon...although which date I dnt know

I don't know if anyone else has the same timeline with me so far.....?

Thanks
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

But on a plus note my bro....'Flexsingh' had his spousal visa come through so he's off to live the dream very soon.....
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dal_Boy24
Hi Guys

It's my 1st time replying on here so go easy lol ....I sent my 1st batch of forms last Dec 2009 and once they were checked in Sydney Nova Scotia....the next lost were received in London in April 2010....Since then not much has happened really ....I've been checking it continuously and they updated to say started processing on Sept 21st 2010.

I emailed my immigration consultant (yep I know many don't wish to use them, but so far it's been ok...although yep probably coudl have done it myself) last week who said if we hear nothing by end of Jan 2011 then he will raise an enquiry.

I'm a little worried because no medical requests and the POCA (Police Check) will probably run out soon...although which date I dnt know

I don't know if anyone else has the same timeline with me so far.....?

Thanks
When was your AOR...was it April? If so you'll find people on similar timeline on the AOR from London Mar/April thread. Chances are that your police check will run out and you will need to reapply for them. Our AOR was March and that is what we are anticipating as they only last a year.
lns
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
When was your AOR...was it April? If so you'll find people on similar timeline on the AOR from London Mar/April thread. Chances are that your police check will run out and you will need to reapply for them. Our AOR was March and that is what we are anticipating as they only last a year.
lns
Hi
AOR was April 2010 when they received it in London....as for the police check I suppose I'll have to wait until end of Jan get in touch with my Immigration Lawyer and if I don't hear anything soon then yes we will have to get a new police check done.......as like many others the frustration is down to no updates....I hope that come start of Jan 2011 they ask us to complete our meds and send them off.
Dal
Old Dec 27th 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Hi, We are brand new to this so apologies if we are repeating anything already asked. First question: We are a little confused as to when an Acknowledgement of Receipt is sent - is it after the first stage of application or the second stage? We have used an agent based in Canada (but still live in UK) and our final application was sent to London visa office on 14th September. We have not heard anything since. Are we in the same situation as you guys on this thread or are we not even at that point yet? We wee hoping to hear something between end of Jan 2011 and April 2011.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Hi, We are brand new to this so apologies if we are repeating anything already asked. First question: We are a little confused as to when an Acknowledgement of Receipt is sent - is it after the first stage of application or the second stage? We have used an agent based in Canada (but still live in UK) and our final application was sent to London visa office on 14th September. We have not heard anything since. Are we in the same situation as you guys on this thread or are we not even at that point yet? We wee hoping to hear something between end of Jan 2011 and April 2011.
Hi Mandeville

Yes you are in a similar position to myself, I'm also using an agent in Canada (he's based in Toronto), the AOR is I believe once your application reaches London, as for you not hearing anything...yep it is a waiting game unfortunately...have you been given an immigration number i.e. begins with B and then some numbers?
You can check online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp...our's says the application is in progress.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dal_Boy24

thanks for replying
Yes we do have an immigration "B" number, we received this in May 10 with the 120 days to submit the evidence for final application which as I said in our first post was sent in Sept 10. We were a bit worried that we haven't had an "application received" letter or does that not happen? We are assuming that when we do hear something that it will either be a "Sorry you have been rejected" or a "please come for an interview" or "interview waived, please arrange medicals" letter. Are we correct or will we just get an AOR first then a further 6 to 12 month wait?
It's a relief to find a forum with others in a similar situation
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dal_Boy24

thanks for replying
Yes we do have an immigration "B" number, we received this in May 10 with the 120 days to submit the evidence for final application which as I said in our first post was sent in Sept 10. We were a bit worried that we haven't had an "application received" letter or does that not happen? We are assuming that when we do hear something that it will either be a "Sorry you have been rejected" or a "please come for an interview" or "interview waived, please arrange medicals" letter. Are we correct or will we just get an AOR first then a further 6 to 12 month wait?
It's a relief to find a forum with others in a similar situation
So you got your 120day email in May and sent off your documents in September...did you definately meet the 120 day deadline?
Did the documents get there, I assume you tracked it?
Have you checked ecas yet?
lns
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
So you got your 120day email in May and sent off your documents in September...did you definately meet the 120 day deadline?
Did the documents get there, I assume you tracked it?
Have you checked ecas yet?
lns
Hi LinsyPinsy

I've just been reading your timeline thread and was in middle of writing a post when I checked this thread and saw you post! We checked ecas and it said that it cannot identify us but it may be because we are not in progress yet. Our application was send on the 14th September 2010 by fedex from our agent in Quebec. The deadline was the 17th September. We were a little frustrated that they waited until the last moment as they had all our documents by 20th July but they were confident it would arrive in time. I have emailed our agent but they are away until the 4th of Jan. My OH has gone in to total panic!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi LinsyPinsy

I've just been reading your timeline thread and was in middle of writing a post when I checked this thread and saw you post! We checked ecas and it said that it cannot identify us but it may be because we are not in progress yet. Our application was send on the 14th September 2010 by fedex from our agent in Quebec. The deadline was the 17th September. We were a little frustrated that they waited until the last moment as they had all our documents by 20th July but they were confident it would arrive in time. I have emailed our agent but they are away until the 4th of Jan. My OH has gone in to total panic!
we got the same thing when trying to incorrectly log in to ecas. we were choosing united kingdom and colonies when in fact we should have chosen wales!
now we can see that we are 'received by visa office'.

Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by heading-west
we got the same thing when trying to incorrectly log in to ecas. we were choosing united kingdom and colonies when in fact we should have chosen wales!
now we can see that we are 'received by visa office'.

Thanks heading-west, I logged in again and selected England and I was on the system but no update since 120 day letter sent. I have sent a case specific enquiry asking them to confirm that my application has been received.
On an optimistic note, the file did not say closed, which I believe it would if the application had not been received by the deadline. I guess it's possible that the system is now so slow that AORs are taking this long (said optimistically)
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:19 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Hi LinsyPinsy

Hi Mandeville,
I've counted 120 days from May 10th (only using my phone diary so my page clicking could've been out) and I came up with Sept 7th as the 120th day.
Do you want to double check? Could this be having an effect? I hope I'm wrong...
Kind Regards, Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.