Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 26th 2014, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Jpod
Well done you! Great news, really pleased for you. Got my request on May 9th and sent copies on May 16th. Now just waiting for the COPR - wonder how long it will be?
Says within 6 weeks or to contact them, so my guess is 6 weeks on the dot!
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

kazmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Boom! 2 weeks short of 5 years since we started this process our copr arrived this morning.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

****4 years I meant****£
Old Jun 5th 2014, 3:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazmania
Boom! 2 weeks short of 5 years since we started this process our copr arrived this morning.
Wooohoooo! Congrats!!!

Old Jun 5th 2014, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, now to start thinking of landing. Anybody in Vancouver yhat can give advice?
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

4 years, 1 month and 11 days since I submitted my application to Sydney, NS... COPR arrived yesterday!

Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the help and support you have given me over the past few years. I quite literally couldn't have done it without you guys - would have given up a long time ago!

My plan is to do a short landing in September and have a holiday/recce/networking trip to Vancouver and Vancouver Island. Have been given some brilliant help by CIIP (http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/index.php/en/about-ciip) - can't recommend their work highly enough.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jpod
4 years, 1 month and 11 days since I submitted my application to Sydney, NS... COPR arrived yesterday!

Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the help and support you have given me over the past few years. I quite literally couldn't have done it without you guys - would have given up a long time ago!

My plan is to do a short landing in September and have a holiday/recce/networking trip to Vancouver and Vancouver Island. Have been given some brilliant help by CIIP (http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/index.php/en/about-ciip) - can't recommend their work highly enough.
Congrats!!!!!

Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly 3 weeks ;-)

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Says within 6 weeks or to contact them, so my guess is 6 weeks on the dot!
Old Jun 7th 2014, 10:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats!!!!!

+1
All things good for you!
Old Jun 8th 2014, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Fantastic news! And so well deserved. Happy planning! This is the fun bit right?!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

PASSPORT REQUESTS!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

*Bouncing off the walls!
Congratulations sdo1982!!!!

You only posted your application 4 months after us but your pp requests came 15 months after ours. I hope that the rest of the process goes really quickly!!

We've been in Canada since January so I don't check BE very often so I'm glad that I saw your update. I've often wondered how the others in our group got on.

Let us know how you get on.

Becky
Old Jun 11th 2014, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

androb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everybody,

Apologies for hijacking this August/September 2010 post, but we were following the March 2010 one, which is now closed! This thread is the closest which matches our timeline.

After originally applying over 4 1/2 years ago, under the FSW 0213 code, we completed our medicals on the 22nd May (2014). Unbelievable!!! We had pretty much given up on ever being processed!

Over the last couple of years we have dipped in and out of this great website, trying to keep abreast of any news or changes to the immigration system. However, we had nearly 'lost the will to live' (that sounds a bit mellow dramatic).

We have been very busy over the last couple of weeks, searching through many historical and current posts, trying to catch up! So, if you guys don't mind, we will be pestering you over the next few weeks/months.

CHC London - passport requests, please!!!

King regards,

Androb.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

E Cas has changes since friday, now it reads Decision Made ... :-D

So is it still 12 months from Date of meds to land once we get the letter back?
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 6:07 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

E Cas has changes since friday, now it reads Decision Made ... :-D

So is it still 12 months from Date of meds to land once we get the letter back?
Providing your passport(s) do not expire earlier, you will have until the anniversary date of your medical(s) to land in Canada.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

androb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Congratulations to sdo1982, Jpod and kazmania. We received our passport requests last Thursday. I had the pleasure of hand delivering our passports to VFS Global (CVAC London) today.

It's been a long four and half years of waiting. When we first applied, the processing time was about 6-8 months.

I hope there is more good news for others soon. London seems to have bit of a surge on at the moment!!!

Androb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.