Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 20th 2014, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

kazmania is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by MegSnow
And I was hoping we would make Canada by Christmas .... What a fool I was! It better be bloody worth it
Ours didn't take long after meds as you can see from my time line
Old May 20th 2014, 10:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

And I was hoping we would make Canada by Christmas .... What a fool I was! It better be bloody worth it
Processing times are an average of 47 months (presuming you applied under FSW via London processing office) and any delays caused by having to resubmit documents would make that longer.

However, medical requests are one of the last things to be done as they are only valid for 12 months - so you could theoretically be here by Christmas, going by your timeline you should be almost done.

you get your PP and RPRF requests soon.

If you don't hear anything in the next month or so, perhaps send a case-specific enquiry asking if there is any other information or documentation they require to finalise your application.. it works for some.

Old May 20th 2014, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Processing times are an average of 47 months (presuming you applied under FSW via London processing office) and any delays caused by having to resubmit documents would make that longer.

However, medical requests are one of the last things to be done as they are only valid for 12 months - so you could theoretically be here by Christmas, going by your timeline you should be almost done.

you get your PP and RPRF requests soon.

If you don't hear anything in the next month or so, perhaps send a case-specific enquiry asking if there is any other information or documentation they require to finalise your application.. it works for some.

What is PP and RPRF? We applied under FSW via London with no re-submits, we even have relatives in Van. I'm just losing hope at the minute. When we originally applied we were told 12-18 months
Old May 20th 2014, 11:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

What is PP and RPRF? We applied under FSW via London with no re-submits, we even have relatives in Van. I'm just losing hope at the minute. When we originally applied we were told 12-18 months
Passport and right of permanent residency fee requests.

You said in your timeline that you had to submit more info - "19-11-13 more info required' - so that would have added a little time to the processing.

It must be terribly disheartening for you having to wait for so long.

Old May 21st 2014, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

The more info was just the new forms so not really more info just updated. We've already paid the PR fees, sent a bankers draft about 2 years ago (on request) so don't think they'll want any more money from us as already paid two lots.
Old May 21st 2014, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Correction - it was a bankers draft sent with the docs in September 2010. We had to get a bankers draft through my work as Nationwide didn't do them. But still sent them about £1000 already so they won't be wanting more will they?
Old May 21st 2014, 6:27 am
Banned

Correction - it was a bankers draft sent with the docs in September 2010. We had to get a bankers draft through my work as Nationwide didn't do them. But still sent them about £1000 already so they won't be wanting more will they?
That would have been your application fees to process.

You also have to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

#2 is the processing fees
#4 is the RPRF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
Processing Fees:
Federal Skilled Workers, Quebec Skilled Workers, Canadian Experience Class, and Provincial Nominees

Principal applicant
$550
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner
$550
A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner
$150
Getting your permanent resident status $490
Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild;

Last edited by Siouxie; May 21st 2014 at 6:30 am.
Old May 23rd 2014, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

PASSPORT REQUESTS!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

*Bouncing off the walls!
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sdo1982

*Bouncing off the walls!

Congrats!!
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Yey!!! Fantastic news! Congratulations and enjoy that feeling :-)
Old May 26th 2014, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Well done you! Great news, really pleased for you. Got my request on May 9th and sent copies on May 16th. Now just waiting for the COPR - wonder how long it will be?

Originally Posted by sdo1982

*Bouncing off the walls!
Old May 26th 2014, 2:09 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys, hope you all are doing well. need some input, i am a july 2013 applicant. ecas 2nd line showing processing started from 21st jan 2013. i was asked for schedule A and IMM5406 forms in january, Since then, no correspondence from london visa office. send a CSE and was advised lengthy background checks.

i need to know, what sort of BG checks are they carrying out. my employer has not been contacted yet.
Old May 26th 2014, 2:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by luqmans65
hey guys, hope you all are doing well. need some input, i am a july 2013 applicant. ecas 2nd line showing processing started from 21st jan 2013. i was asked for schedule A and IMM5406 forms in january, Since then, no correspondence from london visa office. send a CSE and was advised lengthy background checks.

i need to know, what sort of BG checks are they carrying out. my employer has not been contacted yet.
Background checks are done to verify the medical, criminal and/or security background of visa applicants to ensure they are admissible to Canada. If you have lived in more than one country, they will take longer.

Old May 26th 2014, 2:54 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Background checks are done to verify the medical, criminal and/or security background of visa applicants to ensure they are admissible to Canada. If you have lived in more than one country, they will take longer.

thanks for the reply, well i've never been abroad. but still they are taking too much time.
Old May 26th 2014, 3:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by luqmans65
thanks for the reply, well i've never been abroad. but still they are taking too much time.
You are welcome.

The current processing time for London FSW applications post-June 2010 is 27 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.