Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by beckybev
I think I've spent the last two years stuck to mls.ca and google maps. We went for our second reccie in August and have narrowed our search down to about 6 or 7 streets in one town (we'd consider others but love this particular neighbourhood). It was so great to see the town in the flesh rather than on the internet.
Fingers crossed that we all get the results we want!!!
Ahh i can certainly second the google street maps option lol it helped when we went to visit a friend who lives near Ottawa. I was already familiar with the area by the time we arrived.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've spent the last two years stuck to mls.ca and google maps. We went for our second reccie in August and have narrowed our search down to about 6 or 7 streets in one town (we'd consider others but love this particular neighbourhood). It was so great to see the town in the flesh rather than on the internet.
Fingers crossed that we all get the results we want!!!
where are you hoping to settle?
PS Zoocasa is quite good too for house hunting.

lns
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi Linsy Pinsy, we're hoping to settle in Port Elgin, which is about 3 hours west of Toronto. We love the area, it's very countrified and everyone was very friendly. We met a realtor who showed us round the area and gave us some great advice. Unfortunately, streetmaps only show the main roads so when we went this summer I got the opportunity to see the streets in person rather than from above
Thanks for the 'zoocasa' tip. I didn't know that one
Becky
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Linsy Pinsy, we're hoping to settle in Port Elgin, which is about 3 hours west of Toronto. We love the area, it's very countrified and everyone was very friendly. We met a realtor who showed us round the area and gave us some great advice. Unfortunately, streetmaps only show the main roads so when we went this summer I got the opportunity to see the streets in person rather than from above
Thanks for the 'zoocasa' tip. I didn't know that one
Becky
Sounds great! Allthe best of luck to you.
Lns
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, good luck to you guys too
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Hi all,

our AOR is dated August 11th, 2010. I was also following the June/July thread until I found this but will keep a beady eye on that one, too.
The waiting is totally doing my head in, I feel like screaming and I am starting to think we´ll never get there!
Did I mention yet that I am not exactly patience on legs....?
Anyway, good luck to you all, may we all be there in a few months. And then we´ll need to start discussing meeting up!!! Yay! I am all for it...
We´re hoping to go to Kingston, Ontario by the way.#

Gaby
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Gaby,
We sent our first lot of paperwork off this time last year and sometimes it feels like we're no further on. People still ask us when we're moving and we still have to answer that we have no idea. It feels like we're in limbo. Why did you choose Kingston? Is it for work?
I too am lacking in the patience department (or so my husband tells me)
Becky
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

i can ditto the no patience thing here too lol!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

Just adding my bit to this thread - got AOR on 20 August.

Guess what was top of my list to Santa this year?!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of

Here is mine.

How many months for the processing time did your AOR letter say?

Mine said:
On average, 12 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the date of this letter, please contact this office.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Why did you choose Kingston? Is it for work?
I too am lacking in the patience department (or so my husband tells me)
Becky[/QUOTE]

Hi Becky,
we chose Kingston as the result of an elimination progress.
First, we chose which Province we wanted to live in going by climate (OH is a keen gardener, hence the climate thing), then we decided what size of town would be good for us and then we just looked up towns of that size on the internet and it brought up Peterborough, Belleville and Kingston.
We went over in 2007 and hired a camper caravan and then spent several days in each town to get a feel for them. Kingston won hands down!! It´s a lovely place and right on Lake Ontario, which is a bit like living by the sea I thought. I can´t wait to go, all this waiting is doing my head in.
I was looking at your signature the other day and thought that your timeline is very colse to ours. Personally, I don´t think we´ll get to go much before May or so...if we´re lucky!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davidsk
Here is mine.

How many months for the processing time did your AOR letter say?

Mine said:
On average, 12 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the date of this letter, please contact this office.
Hi David,
ours said the same. So....does that mean 12 months from when they receive it in London? That would be August next year!!!! Arrrggghhh....no way, I really would go mental if it were that long!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi David,
ours said the same. So....does that mean 12 months from when they receive it in London? That would be August next year!!!! Arrrggghhh....no way, I really would go mental if it were that long!!!!
Unfortunately so - I think the average is 13 months from the date of your AOR...

Patience is key, unfortunately!

As for us, we're hoping to move to Calgary or one of its satellite towns. We're going in July next year regardless of whether we have PR or not. We'll either go out there and try to find work and get a TWP or we'll go on a BUNAC style visa.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, it looks like it's 13 months from the AOR from London. That would be September for us (even though they received our documents in June). I was hoping to be there at the beginning of the summer, not at the end
I suppose if I have to look at the positive side, it means that we have more time to sell our house.
yours impatiently
Becky
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, it looks like it's 13 months from the AOR from London. That would be September for us (even though they received our documents in June). I was hoping to be there at the beginning of the summer, not at the end
I suppose if I have to look at the positive side, it means that we have more time to sell our house.
yours impatiently
Becky
That's a good way to look at it

That's an average anyway so you might get through quicker than that if you're application isn't too complicated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.