Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS WHOLE APPLICATION PROGRESS IS A JOKE.
What happens when we all come to the end of this socalled wait 18 months.
Big back log thats what we get.......
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
What updated forms did you have to send in 2012? We've been asked to send application, background, travels forms, and passport pages again?
Just all of the above too, no pics, police certs or proof of funds......
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Seriously it's impossible to explain this situation to people who are not on this forum. Friends keep asking what's happening with the canada app and I say it's still being processed (I think). They really can't believe it!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wonder why they asked some people and not others for updated proof if funds and police certs along with the paperwork. I'm guessing you guys will be first? Not that I should rely on logic here! ;-)
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:40 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unusual78
JamesMC any comments?
Not on citizenship requirements...

I've barely landed, and many here in this thread haven't yet. PR should be the primary concern of most at this juncture. I'll tackle citizenship issues when I qualify. When that time comes along no doubt I'll apply and wait patiently (or not ) for a similar period that it took me to obtain PR.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 9:34 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james.mc
Not on citizenship requirements...

I've barely landed, and many here in this thread haven't yet. PR should be thhold orimary concern of most at this juncture. I'll tackle citizenship issues when I qualify. When that time comes along no doubt I'll apply and wait patiently (or not ) for a similar period that it took me to obtain PR.
True that! I guess we shall cross the bridge when we get there.. For now we need to swim across this ocean of sewage called the CIC and get hold of PR somehow .. Ahh time for a chilled one else my brain will burn out!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 9:39 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kat-b
Wonder why they asked some people and not others for updated proof if funds and police certs along with the paperwork. I'm guessing you guys will be first? Not that I should rely on logic here! ;-)
No clue Kat.. We haven't had the 18 months letter yet but been 7 months since we were asked for updated documents.. Next month its 3 years since we submitted the complete application package.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:56 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kat-b
Definitely not when considering CIC.

The thing is years back... and we can say that now, there seemed to be a system whereby CIC processed applications in order of receipt. If someone head of yur in the pile received requests for updated docs you could almost guarantee that your group would follow not too long after. Hence all the AOR Feb-Mar Apr-May Jun-Jul Aug-Sep type threads that were running full tilt in 2010. It seemed fair but slow.

Now the order has been thrown into total chaos.... by CIC themselves.
CIC dumping all the 2008 applicants ouch!! Then processing later applicants ahead of earlier ones because the later applicants supposedly 'Better suit the needs of the current labour market'

There has been little logic and a lot of grief caused by the above approach. It's unfair and unjust. If there hasn't been already, there should be an inquiry of some sort and peoples heads should roll.

Anyway.... I sincerely hope that CIC get their finger out and process the remainder of the 2010-2011 FSW applicants in order of receipt, sooner rather than later, and sort out the system in a fair and just way once and for all!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 8:02 am
Waiting for medicals

The thing is years back... and we can say that now, there seemed to be a system whereby CIC processed applications in order of receipt. If someone head of yur in the pile received requests for updated docs you could almost guarantee that your group would follow not too long after. Hence all the AOR Feb-Mar Apr-May Jun-Jul Aug-Sep type threads that were running full tilt in 2010. It seemed fair but slow.

CIC dumping all the 2008 applicants ouch!! Then processing later applicants ahead of earlier ones because the later applicants supposedly 'Better suit the needs of the current labour market'

There has been little logic and a lot of grief caused by the above approach. It's unfair and unjust. If there hasn't been already, there should be an inquiry of some sort and peoples heads should roll.

Anyway.... I sincerely hope that CIC get their finger out and process the remainder of the 2010-2011 FSW applicants in order of receipt, sooner rather than later, and sort out the system in a fair and just way once and for all!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: unfortunately Edinburgh, but dreaming of a better life.
woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future

Well some good news today....but not from the Canadians! 2.5 weeks after submitting application for state sponsorhip to South Australia, it's been approved and we've been invited to apply for our visa, which according to Australian timescales should be here in 6 months! By that stage, maybe I'll be getting a request for updated docs from CIC! I just wish I could get a refund from the canadians now. No such luck. Ah well, if the Canadians don't want us, the aussies do.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 12:56 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by woz718
Well some good news today....but not from the Canadians! 2.5 weeks after submitting application for state sponsorhip to South Australia, it's been approved and we've been invited to apply for our visa, which according to Australian timescales should be here in 6 months! By that stage, maybe I'll be getting a request for updated docs from CIC! I just wish I could get a refund from the canadians now. No such luck. Ah well, if the Canadians don't want us, the aussies do.
Bravo! The sun also shines more on that side of the pond.

We also thought of going down the state spon route to aussieland but extended family in Toronto threatened to break all ties with us if we did
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:10 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by woz718
Excellent news!... from an Australian perspective. Just 2 1/2 weeks for approval? That's pretty neat!

I guess you'll be lurking a bit more over on the Oz forum now

Did I miss something? Why can't you get a refund from CIC if you voluntarily withdraw? To be honest I've not looked into it.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

I think you should work for cic
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:01 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by graham and george

Not this millennium!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:24 am
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by graham and george
I think CIC should under James

Last edited by unusual78; Jun 7th 2013 at 9:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.