Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Yoooo hoooooooo

Finally got our passports back with COPR...its celebration time now....yesterday I posted that we have requested collection in person and today I got a surprising post early morning.CIC didnt want us to come I guess
Well its was a good surprise for this weekend.

Somebody been talking about E mail kick start...ohh yes we were always in communication with CIC at different stages last year and things started to move on after every kick start
I know our case was really complicated but I think where there is a will there is a go.

Now we to apply for jobs..don't know whats the best way to do it...also have to sale all the stuff and get tickets...
Can anyone suggest best way to show funds for 4 immigrants...?which bank is best ?I am with HSBC over here.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dr_naz
Yoooo hoooooooo

Finally got our passports back with COPR...its celebration time now....yesterday I posted that we have requested collection in person and today I got a surprising post early morning.CIC didnt want us to come I guess
Well its was a good surprise for this weekend.

Somebody been talking about E mail kick start...ohh yes we were always in communication with CIC at different stages last year and things started to move on after every kick start
I know our case was really complicated but I think where there is a will there is a go.

Now we to apply for jobs..don't know whats the best way to do it...also have to sale all the stuff and get tickets...
Can anyone suggest best way to show funds for 4 immigrants...?which bank is best ?I am with HSBC over here.
Congrats!!!

Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

thanksssssssssssyyyyyyy
Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats!!!

Old Apr 5th 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Great new
Old Apr 6th 2014, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

fantastic! We are dropping our passports off on Wednesday and according to the email we got, can pick them up two weeks after that but we shall see! One last hurdle eh?!
Old Apr 6th 2014, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Whats the best way to show funds...shall we transfer them and how
Old Apr 9th 2014, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Just a quick update - we dropped our passports off in person this morning. Of course, the good old CIC made it just that little bit more complicated than it needed to be. Nowhere on the info they sent us a little over a week ago did they mention the office was closing down today!! So after three rounds of security, and one rescuing our passports from the hands of a rather enthusiastic security guard, we managed to get all the way up to the first floor and talk to an actual human being! After explaining the instructions they had given us, they took our passports and gave us a receipt but told us to expect the passports back in about a week, via post. We had planned to pick them up ourselves but due to office closures this was not possible.

I'll let you know how it plays out but I can tell you it was fascinating to have a peak into the offices that have held our file hostage for all these years!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 8:55 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Just a quick update - we dropped our passports off in person this morning. Of course, the good old CIC made it just that little bit more complicated than it needed to be. Nowhere on the info they sent us a little over a week ago did they mention the office was closing down today!! So after three rounds of security, and one rescuing our passports from the hands of a rather enthusiastic security guard, we managed to get all the way up to the first floor and talk to an actual human being! After explaining the instructions they had given us, they took our passports and gave us a receipt but told us to expect the passports back in about a week, via post. We had planned to pick them up ourselves but due to office closures this was not possible.

I'll let you know how it plays out but I can tell you it was fascinating to have a peak into the offices that have held our file hostage for all these years!
Congratulations .. so very pleased for you!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will

All the best....hope it goes well for u...have you got any idea whats the best way to transfer funds?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Med requests! Woohoo!!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:34 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Med requests! Woohoo!!!!!!
nice one .. great news .. congratulations!

request came by email or by post?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

The notification arrived with my consultant, and the email requests came direct to me!
Just filling out the police certificate forms now, I swear I can complete them in my sleep!
The request was for the following
Updated forms (3 months since we sent them updated ones)
Proof of liquid funds
Police Certs
Medical results.
Bankers Draft for 980 CAD... HSBC don't do bankers drafts in CAD anymore, so if anyone can advise where to get one ASAP?
I'm going to get the mess booked tomorrow, as I don't think I will sleep until everything is back with CIC now!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Great news SDO1982
We bank with santander,for £10.00 you can get a bank draft there and then,do not no if they will offer this service for non customers.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Fanatastic news sdo1982!! You must be thrilled! One step closer!

And, I'm afraid I don't have many answers for you yet Dr Naz about the best way to transfer funds. Have you tried a search on this site yet as there is bound to be tonnes of good tips.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 8:20 am
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by sdo1982
The notification arrived with my consultant, and the email requests came direct to me!
Just filling out the police certificate forms now, I swear I can complete them in my sleep!
The request was for the following
Updated forms (3 months since we sent them updated ones)
Proof of liquid funds
Police Certs
Medical results.
Bankers Draft for 980 CAD... HSBC don't do bankers drafts in CAD anymore, so if anyone can advise where to get one ASAP?
I'm going to get the mess booked tomorrow, as I don't think I will sleep until everything is back with CIC now!
Sounds great .. all the best with the remainder of the process!

We were asked for RPRF, Police Certiifcates, Updated forms in Oct 2012 .. and then Proof of Liquid Funds in May 2013 .. and no sign of Medical Requets so far

Barclays are pretty fast and good for the RPRF draft .. came in 4 working days and cost around GBP 20.00

Last edited by unusual78; Apr 11th 2014 at 8:28 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.