Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 7th 2014, 11:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by dr_naz
Can u do me favor...can u verify this thing later on as well...I shall wait for ur reply coz we got the opportunity to go with the same employer (as they got branch in Toronto too)so it shall be straight transfer case but bit worried about funds that's why might delay landing as well.
From the CIC website:

FSW: You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp
Old Mar 8th 2014, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
From the CIC website:

FSW: You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp
Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by apt2208
I've used UK Forex recently to transfer funds whist waiting for my COPR (taking advantage of the good exchange rates). Fast and hassle free service.
thanks for the advice apt2208
Old Mar 8th 2014, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Hi Asabani = we are flying out on 13th from Gatwick to Vancouver, then over to the island the next morning!! Starting to feel real now - last day at work todayl.... start new job on 20th! Good luck with everything... xx
that's exiting, good luck with the new job and new adventure. we'll be leaving in around Vancouver. keep in touch
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Yes - its a small world in the land of learning technology! Keep in touch, will be good to network when we're out there.

Good for you, Jools! I think I now realize I know you from a certain IT /TEL mailing list we both appear to frequent!! Job is with Provincial Government, which wasn't what/where I expected I would get work initially, but v happy with this! Best of luck....
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally on the way of sending passports now.....Can anyone tell me is there any premium service of sending the passports so that we can get our passports back soon as well ......as we still have to submit them back to UKBA for our UK case too
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:30 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and agree - get your bank draft ordered. I bank with Barclays and Lloyds, and Barclays quoted 3 days, whereas Lloyds wanted me to fill out a form to fax over and it could take 7-10 days! Went with Barclays, of course...Faxes = tsk!

BTW - we are about to head over to Victoria, Vancouver Island, as I have finally secured a job (hallelujah!). Keep in touch as I seem to recall we are in a similar business? College teacher, learning technologies, etc.? Or did I mix you up with another poster? If you are, we might be able to help each other out with connections in the future, possibly...

Anyway, best of luck...you should have it all done in a month or so tops.
Good luck with the trip over. We are based in East Sooke. Not that far away
Old Mar 18th 2014, 3:15 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Ello Ello .. who is still waiting for medicals (other than us ofcourse!).
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

That would be us

Might pop off an email tomorrow to see if it prompts someone to look at our file...
Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:12 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=sdo1982;11179381]That would be us

Might pop off an email tomorrow to see if it prompts someone to look at our file...[/QUOT

We emailed - lenghty background checks are in process (since Jan 2013!)
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Still waiting patiently post-meds over here.After moving like the speed of light we appeared to have stalled but I am too scared to email them.Anyone else in the same boat?!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Also on a depressing side notes, processing times for our category have been updated to 97 months! We are on month 55 now. If I do email and then tell me that I need to wait almost double the time again, I will actually die. How common is it for it not to be over in the year after medicals?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:21 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Also on a depressing side notes, processing times for our category have been updated to 97 months! We are on month 55 now. If I do email and then tell me that I need to wait almost double the time again, I will actually die. How common is it for it not to be over in the year after medicals?
8 years to finalize an application .. ahhh the promised land!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:23 pm
Waiting for medicals

btw processing time for our category is listed as 47 months .. we are in month 49 and will soon will stop counting
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:28 pm
Waiting for medicals

How common is it ??? hmmmm I bet even CHC London / CIC cant answer this question accurately. They make their norms as they go along!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.