Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Jpod
Thanks all for the advice re: medicals - I went with the London (Knightsbridge) lot in the end as its nearer to where I live. £295 for the medical (inc. chest x-ray) so quite pricey but given how much I've already paid out seems like a drop in the ocean at this stage! Booked for next week and I'll be getting the bank draft for the RPRF in the next few days.

Unusual78 and AhmadQ - I'm sure your requests will come soon, I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Jools
Well done and agree - get your bank draft ordered. I bank with Barclays and Lloyds, and Barclays quoted 3 days, whereas Lloyds wanted me to fill out a form to fax over and it could take 7-10 days! Went with Barclays, of course...Faxes = tsk!

BTW - we are about to head over to Victoria, Vancouver Island, as I have finally secured a job (hallelujah!). Keep in touch as I seem to recall we are in a similar business? College teacher, learning technologies, etc.? Or did I mix you up with another poster? If you are, we might be able to help each other out with connections in the future, possibly...

Anyway, best of luck...you should have it all done in a month or so tops.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

[QUOTE=witchileiz;11126644]Well done and agree - get your bank draft ordered. I bank with Barclays and Lloyds, and Barclays quoted 3 days, whereas Lloyds wanted me to fill out a form to fax over and it could take 7-10 days! Went with Barclays, of course...Faxes = tsk!

BTW - we are about to head over to Victoria, Vancouver Island, as I have finally secured a job (hallelujah!). Keep in touch as I seem to recall we are in a similar business? College teacher, learning technologies, etc.? Or did I mix you up with another poster? If you are, we might be able to help each other out with connections in the future, possibly...

Anyway, best of luck...you should have it all done in a month or so tops.[/QUOTE

If you bank with santander,you can get a bank draft over the counter their and then.
Cost is £10.00 pounds.
Hope this helps.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Great news Witchileic on the job offer
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by graham and george
Great news Witchileic on the job offer
Thanks G&G! It took us by surprise tbh! I had to prepare examples for a presentation (thought I had screwed that up!), then got online interview (where I waffled much!), then had job offer last week, handed notice in at current job last Monday, and now stressing like hell to get everything sold, find a school and new house, sort docs for new job, say goodbye.... forgotten how stressful this is - only done this on my own before....soooooo much more stress with a family to organise! And we had less than 5 weeks notice! Gaaarrrghhh!

Must say, though, that now we can say we have PR, the jobs are suddenly responding to applications (no shock there, I guess).

Anyway - must go - have many things to ebay!

Good luck for the rest of your 'journey' with CIC!
Old Feb 17th 2014, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Just found out the sale of our house is completing next monday... sure could do with med requests!
Just as a tip for people looking for employment, linked in has a number of vancouver groups that meet up weekly in coffee shops, they are great for networking and will probably result in more job prospects than other routes
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Witchileiz - bank draft took 2 days with Barclays so that's sent and I had my medicals in London yesterday. All pretty painless, chest x-ray, quick blood test, urine sample and medical history, height, weight etc. Took about an hour all in.

Congratulations on your job offer - that's brilliant! U Vic? Camosun? Royal Roads? Yes, I applied under 4131 (college instructor) but have been working as a learning technologist for the last 3 years. I'll be looking at Vancouver as well as the island and hoping to get out there late 2014/early 2015. Let me know how you get on and definitely keep in touch! I'll be out there for an R and R in September 2014.

best

Jools

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Well done and agree - get your bank draft ordered. I bank with Barclays and Lloyds, and Barclays quoted 3 days, whereas Lloyds wanted me to fill out a form to fax over and it could take 7-10 days! Went with Barclays, of course...Faxes = tsk!

Anyway, best of luck...you should have it all done in a month or so tops.
Old Mar 1st 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya
I have been using this forum throughout our case and now I guess I need help.
We applied for Immigration to Canada in 2009 and now they have requested our passports as every thing is done....Last date for passport submission was 20 February....but we couldn't send our passports because ...............

back in july 2013 we applied for extension (as we are on HSMP here in UK and my husband is working as a lecturer) and we were suppose to get 3 years visa.Unfortunately My husband forgot to put the dividend voucher in the APPLICATION file and UKBA lost our bank statement too and refused to give extension as according to them two of our mandatory documents were missing .
In feb 2014 we had hearing at court and un fortunately again The Judge (GOOF) didn't realize that the file in front of him (that been send to him by UKBA) is a wrong file it was our application of 2011 not 2013 ....Without studying it he gave decision of as IF MANDATORY REQUIREMENT WAS MISSING WE CANT GRANT FLEXIBITY

We went to a barrister and they studied the case they said we are ready to challenge the case now.....but we don't know what to do with CIC

We did write to CIC that as we applied for visa at UKBA so our passports are taking time......

We are ready to withdraw our case as well because we have spent loads of money on it and now very disappointed too.We discussed our case with our MP too and he said he ll help us get our passports but we are still waiting ......Dont know how to get our passports....don't want to loose the opportunity of Canada at all......Withdrawing case means leaving the country
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Hi every one

didn't hear from any one for a while, they no news good news, hope that is the case. 19 of March is the big day for us tickets booked and nopt so ready yet to fly to Vancouver, has any one else got any dates planned? I hav got question, any advice would be appreciated, what is the best way to transfer the funds to canada?
thanks guys
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Asabani
Hi every one

didn't hear from any one for a while, they no news good news, hope that is the case. 19 of March is the big day for us tickets booked and nopt so ready yet to fly to Vancouver, has any one else got any dates planned? I hav got question, any advice would be appreciated, what is the best way to transfer the funds to canada?
thanks guys
Hi Asabani = we are flying out on 13th from Gatwick to Vancouver, then over to the island the next morning!! Starting to feel real now - last day at work todayl.... start new job on 20th! Good luck with everything... xx
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jpod
Thanks Witchileiz
Congratulations on your job offer - that's brilliant! U Vic? Camosun? Royal Roads? Yes, I applied under 4131 (college instructor) but have been working as a learning technologist for the last 3 years. I'll be looking at Vancouver as well as the island and hoping to get out there late 2014/early 2015. Let me know how you get on and definitely keep in touch! I'll be out there for an R and R in September 2014.

best

Jools
Good for you, Jools! I think I now realize I know you from a certain IT /TEL mailing list we both appear to frequent!! Job is with Provincial Government, which wasn't what/where I expected I would get work initially, but v happy with this! Best of luck....
Old Mar 7th 2014, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Not a peep, we were days behind Jpod, but now months behind!
Im waiting until April and then booking a holiday to Vancouver...

Hurry up and wait as ever!
Old Mar 7th 2014, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

apt2208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Asabani
I hav got question, any advice would be appreciated, what is the best way to transfer the funds to canada?
thanks guys
I've used UK Forex recently to transfer funds whist waiting for my COPR (taking advantage of the good exchange rates). Fast and hassle free service.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Good for you, Jools! I think I now realize I know you from a certain IT /TEL mailing list we both appear to frequent!! Job is with Provincial Government, which wasn't what/where I expected I would get work initially, but v happy with this! Best of luck....
Hello
Can u confirm that if u got a job offer do you still need to show funds on landing?
Old Mar 7th 2014, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dr_naz
Hello
Can u confirm that if u got a job offer do you still need to show funds on landing?
I would expect so, and will have this, as we did apply and are entering as PR under the FSW route. Though I would suspect that had we not got the funds, with a job in hand, this might not be such an issue, but personally would not take such a chance after so long....
Old Mar 7th 2014, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

I would expect so, and will have this, as we did apply and are entering as PR under the FSW route. Though I would suspect that had we not got the funds, with a job in hand, this might not be such an issue, but personally would not take such a chance after so long....
Can u do me favor...can u verify this thing later on as well...I shall wait for ur reply coz we got the opportunity to go with the same employer (as they got branch in Toronto too)so it shall be straight transfer case but bit worried about funds that's why might delay landing as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.