Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 5th 2014, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Kitslane
Hi all,

Our lawyers have just forwarded us an email from CIC to inform us that our COPRs have been issued and are in the mail! Only one week after they received our PPR, hurrah!!! E-cas still states 'in process'. Can't believe they worked so quickly - certainly not complaining! Really hope this is a sign that they are working quickly on everyone's files and that you lovely people who are left waiting for meds, PPR's etc. hear some news very soon!
Originally Posted by Jpod
I've just returned my updated police certificate, would be absolutely delighted with med requests in March - fingers crossed :-)

I've gone ahead and booked a holiday in Vancouver/Victoria in September. Hoping to land then but if not its not the end of the world . . .

Jools
Well done Kitslane! And good luck Jools - it does all seem to happen very fast when it finally moves!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, that was quick. Three days after returning updated police certificates I get an email informing that med requests and demand for RPRF fee are on their way! Feel a bit emotional now tbh. Does this mean the long wait is nearing its end??
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Wow, that was quick. Three days after returning updated police certificates I get an email informing that med requests and demand for RPRF fee are on their way! Feel a bit emotional now tbh. Does this mean the long wait is nearing its end??
YAY! Congratulations! You're almost there!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Well done Kitslane! And good luck Jools - it does all seem to happen very fast when it finally moves!
Thank you!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Fab news! Well done. Still waiting for news after our meds over here. Hopefully not too much longer.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Kitslane and Witchileiz and Wolfie/Will - its all rather exciting but a bit unreal as well! I think we should be given awards for hanging in there!

Can I ask you and others a couple of questions:

(a) Re: medicals in the UK, can anyone recommend a panel doctor in London that has the e-medical system thingy that means you don't need the 4 photos?

(b) After I return the RPR fee and have my meds done what are the next steps? I keep reading about a PPR form? Are there are more forms to fill out before I receive the COPR (Confirmation of Perm Residence?)? At what stage do I send off my passport?

I know I shouldn't be looking that far ahead as I might jinx things

Originally Posted by Kitslane
YAY! Congratulations! You're almost there!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Kitslane and Witchileiz and Wolfie/Will - its all rather exciting but a bit unreal as well! I think we should be given awards for hanging in there!

(a) Re: medicals in the UK, can anyone recommend a panel doctor in London that has the e-medical system thingy that means you don't need the 4 photos?

(b) After I return the RPR fee and have my meds done what are the next steps? I keep reading about a PPR form? Are there are more forms to fill out before I receive the COPR (Confirmation of Perm Residence?)? At what stage do I send off my passport?

I know what you mean - I almost cried when we got the PPR, had to stop myself as was in a meeting and probably shouldn't have been sneaking a peak on my phone! Don't think it will sink in properly until we officially land!

I cant answer your question about medicals but in terms of the next step, you get a passport request (PPR) - here you need to send copies of every page in your passport for each applicant (so dont have to send your actual passport - if you hold a british passport that is), 2 photos of each applicant (specific requirements different to usual passport photos) and complete a surprisingly simple form asking for your passport number & expiry date, height, eye colour and your name as written in your passport - simple! And apparently it doesnt take them long to process this...we had an email saying our COPR had been issued 1 week later (Still waiting on them as we're in Canada already and the mail here is notoriously slow!).

Good luck with the medical!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Great news, I know how you feel. But after that long waiting, we deserve to be emotional. All the best
Old Feb 7th 2014, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

We used the doctors in Brentwood as they were slightly cheaper than the ones in Knightsbridge. They used the e-medical system and I can't remember giving them passport photos as they took some for the form while we were there. They were very efficient and seemed to know exactly what they were doing so although its a bit of a way out, would be worth it.

I can't wait for our passport requests! Its hard to believe that we are coming up on our 5year anniversary of this whole nightmare!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, great news.
Your timeline is similar to mine, so hopefully this waiting will come to end soon.

Last time I sent status enquiry email they told me the following:
"Your application is currently undergoing its mandatory background checks. Please be advised that this can be lengthy process"

I don't know how much lengthy these background checks is...hopefully they will send medical requests soon.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Same as wolfie and will,we also had our medicals in brentwood.
Good service and fast turnaround (their was 6 of us)
Old Feb 10th 2014, 2:08 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

WOW .. Congratulations!

I think its safe to say that I am the last one left here now
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all for the advice re: medicals - I went with the London (Knightsbridge) lot in the end as its nearer to where I live. £295 for the medical (inc. chest x-ray) so quite pricey but given how much I've already paid out seems like a drop in the ocean at this stage! Booked for next week and I'll be getting the bank draft for the RPRF in the next few days.

Unusual78 and AhmadQ - I'm sure your requests will come soon, I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Jools
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all for the advice re: medicals - I went with the London (Knightsbridge) lot in the end as its nearer to where I live. £295 for the medical (inc. chest x-ray) so quite pricey but given how much I've already paid out seems like a drop in the ocean at this stage! Booked for next week and I'll be getting the bank draft for the RPRF in the next few days.

Unusual78 and AhmadQ - I'm sure your requests will come soon, I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Jools
Welldone Jpod,

regarding bank drafts, something I didn't know was when applying for a bank draft it will take a few days to come through the post - that's how it was for banking with Natwest. so if you you still haven't apply for a bank draft might be a good idea to check it out.

all the best with rest of the process
Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:45 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Jools
Congrats Again Jpod and cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.