Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Thanks all!! Can't quite believe it!! My husband has somehow managed to get booked in for meds tomorrow and I can apparently use the medical I had in March for my IEC visa so we're all set!

Hope we get as lucky as some of you guys and get COPR within a few months...! Will be nice not to have to worry about a bridging visa...we have until May so for once we're feeling optimistic haha.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kitslane
Hi there!

I've been following everyone's progress on this thread for quite some time and it's been so encouraging to see things moving so quickly now for everyone. I think I applied a few months after most of you here (May 2010) but am SO happy to share with you all that today we finally got our medical requests through - along with request for RPRF and updated police checks. Im ecstatic! Not quite sure how Im going to concentrate to get all my work done today now, but just wanted to share with those that understand exactly what this means. I think a celebratory drink will be in order later on!!
many congratulations, it's time to PARTY.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

I know it's only been a couple of weeks since i sent pics but I want to hold COPR in my hands! I even sent them a prepaid special delivery envelope to make it easier for them!! Hoping for a Xmas present! :-)
Old Dec 12th 2013, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by kat-b
I know it's only been a couple of weeks since i sent pics but I want to hold COPR in my hands! I even sent them a prepaid special delivery envelope to make it easier for them!! Hoping for a Xmas present! :-)

Same here
Old Dec 12th 2013, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kat-b
[QUOTE=graham and george;11032478]Same here

Hang in there guys , not long left. it sounds stupid for my age but I did send prepaid envelope with the documents and from the very same day started tracking on line like the kids when they want their gifts or some thing and can't wait for the time to come. childish behaviour wasn't it? oh well I think we deserve some moments like this now and again , don't we?
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Fantastic news well done! I noticed you are out on an IEC. We did that back in 2011-12, in the hope that we would achieve our PR by the end of the year but alas! Hopefully yours will come through before you have to return! We did our meds 2 weeks ago and are just hoping we get some news before the new year. I am thinking before xmas is a little optimistic right now but I'd love to see it through by January, in time for a summer move :-) I can't wait to get back.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally done our wallet surgery (medical)today don't know what is going to happen with our medical results now...they put my children and my spouse under A rating and me under B because of an Illness in 2005 though that was treated and fully recovered in an year but I guess the practitioner really didn't know about the disease and said I ll send the report to consultant and u might go for further tests........................
The disease was Illeocecal tuberculosis which is not like the pulmonary TB but the name of disease he said puts it under the category of TB so lets see what happens next...I hope i don't get refusal on this basis coz I have no current ailment and no medication as well ......really tensed
Old Dec 12th 2013, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dr_naz
Finally done our wallet surgery (medical)today don't know what is going to happen with our medical results now...they put my children and my spouse under A rating and me under B because of an Illness in 2005 though that was treated and fully recovered in an year but I guess the practitioner really didn't know about the disease and said I ll send the report to consultant and u might go for further tests........................
The disease was Illeocecal tuberculosis which is not like the pulmonary TB but the name of disease he said puts it under the category of TB so lets see what happens next...I hope i don't get refusal on this basis coz I have no current ailment and no medication as well ......really tensed
I assume the officers dealing with medical results have some sort of experties or in your case like what practitioner said you have to do some more tests, any way,
hope it goes alright.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Asabani
I assume the officers dealing with medical results have some sort of experties or in your case like what practitioner said you have to do some more tests, any way,
hope it goes alright.
hope 2...but i knew quite a lot about this disease than him as he couldnt even say or spell it thats why he said he ll speak to consultant
Old Dec 12th 2013, 9:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Asabani
hope it goes alright.
Actually the medical results aren't reviewed by the IO, they are reviewed by Immigration MDs at the Immigration Regional Medical Centres.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Well, checked Ecas today (do so about once a week since sending off meds etc.) and it actually says Decision Made! Finally! No COPR letter yet, but expect that should arrive shortly.... Anybody else who recently sent off PPRs etc. got this status?
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:08 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Good news, now remember, breath slowly and relax.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Have checked ecas and it still says we started processing your application on may 12th 2012 with no further updates!

Its been over 2 weeks since we sent the passport copies, photos & form following our COPR request and cannot wait till we get COPR.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by graham and george
Have checked ecas and it still says we started processing your application on may 12th 2012 with no further updates!

Its been over 2 weeks since we sent the passport copies, photos & form following our COPR request and cannot wait till we get COPR.
Mine was in "In Process" state, even when I had my COPR's so no worries there. and it was about 2 to 3 weeks after sending the photos that we recieved our COPR so again just relax and think of it like you have them already because you already got them really just a little more longer.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

We've got COPR

Been a long wait and we want to thank everyone all for their help along the way.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

G&G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.