Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by dr_naz
How long did it take for the medical request to come once u send ur RPRF AND POLICE CLEARANCE as we have sent it last week and waiting for medical req?
How much is for medical for 2 adults and 2 kids under 5?

Depends where you go

Ours cost £295.00 each and children are £95.00 each.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dr_naz
How long did it take for the medical request to come once u send ur RPRF AND POLICE CLEARANCE as we have sent it last week and waiting for medical req?
How much is for medical for 2 adults and 2 kids under 5?
every one is different, some have got their medicals then been asked for other things, foe us we had an interview which no one had before in this thread as far as I know and I had to take all the documents then and we had our medical request just one week after.

as Graham and George said depends where you having it done. 312 for adults and 112 over 6 years old and 60 for under 6.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

dr_naz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Asabani
every one is different, some have got their medicals then been asked for other things, foe us we had an interview which no one had before in this thread as far as I know and I had to take all the documents then and we had our medical request just one week after.

as Graham and George said depends where you having it done. 312 for adults and 112 over 6 years old and 60 for under 6.
Yes I had the same info 312 and 60 for us n kids receptively
Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Ok so bank draft has arrived and standard application for police certs sent today, didnt want to pay the £80! Hopefully it'll be with me soon and I can send it all down to cic and await my passport and photo request!! :-)) kind of wish I'd had these things prepared already but also didnt want to anticipate the process just incase........!!
Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hey everyone! :-D

Thought I would check in on the old gang to see what is going on....looks like things are starting to move along in a good way! Congrats to those of you that have received PR, to those of you that are waiting to hear good news.

As you may recall we applied for NS PNP after we got bumped out from the FSW process last year. Denied on points.... I had a feeling that they had done this to reduce numbers in the waiting list, but they also knew we were already here on TWP's.
The summer was fraught with requests for a medical for my non-accompanying step daughter, also police checks for her, and additional police checks for my time spent in Germany with the Army (20 years ago).
Nothing seemed to be straight forwards anyway :-/

We had a request for RPRF at some point in August I think, being in Canada we were able to pay online.

Then we heard...nothing.....

I came home a couple of nights ago and inside our mailbox was a small brown envelope with COPR's for us both.
Nothing has been straight forwards of course....and my COPR has my step daughters photo on it :-( even though all info is for me.
PAh!!!!!

Case Specific Enquiry has been launched to Ottawa with the words URGENT plastered on the subject line

and now we wait...again!
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:43 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Good news - you will get PR but bad luck with the clerical "slip"!
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Good news - you will get PR but bad luck with the clerical "slip"!
Thanks Jim :-)
we are happy despite the cock-up lol

It's been a very long journey filled with emotion and nervous anticipation.

First application went to Sydney in March of 2010 with quotes of 9-12 months processing times! My how things changed
Old Oct 31st 2013, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by heading-west
Hey everyone! :-D

Thought I would check in on the old gang to see what is going on....looks like things are starting to move along in a good way! Congrats to those of you that have received PR, to those of you that are waiting to hear good news.

As you may recall we applied for NS PNP after we got bumped out from the FSW process last year. Denied on points.... I had a feeling that they had done this to reduce numbers in the waiting list, but they also knew we were already here on TWP's.
The summer was fraught with requests for a medical for my non-accompanying step daughter, also police checks for her, and additional police checks for my time spent in Germany with the Army (20 years ago).
Nothing seemed to be straight forwards anyway :-/

We had a request for RPRF at some point in August I think, being in Canada we were able to pay online.

Then we heard...nothing.....

I came home a couple of nights ago and inside our mailbox was a small brown envelope with COPR's for us both.
Nothing has been straight forwards of course....and my COPR has my step daughters photo on it :-( even though all info is for me.
PAh!!!!!

Case Specific Enquiry has been launched to Ottawa with the words URGENT plastered on the subject line

and now we wait...again!
That is really good news , and I'm sure as soon as they see your email something has to be done quickly, no excuse for them to delay it any further.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 3:29 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
Thanks Jim :-)
we are happy despite the cock-up lol

It's been a very long journey filled with emotion and nervous anticipation.

First application went to Sydney in March of 2010 with quotes of 9-12 months processing times! My how things changed

Great news... and long overdue. I guess even with the slip you know that you have COPR's... just a matter now of getting the correct ones sorted
Old Nov 1st 2013, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Finally heard from the High Commission today by email (first thing I've had since June 2012). Disappointing news really - no meds request, no request for landing fees, no request for updated police certificate. Just a request for updated forms (see below). Almost feels like I'm applying from scratch again!

On the upside at least they haven't forgotten about me! Can't imagine I'll get COPR this side of summer 2015 though. Oh well.

Anyone had anything similar or am I the last on this thread?

cheers

Jools

"Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents marked below within 60 days.

PLEASE ENCLOSE A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH YOUR REPLY.

The forms listed below can be found on the CIC website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
(Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates)
1. New Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant.

2. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] for yourself and each family member over the age of 18.

3. Supplementary Information - Your travels [IMM 5562]

4. New Additional Family Information Form IMM5406 for yourself and each family member over the age of 18.

5. Copy of passport title page for each applicant. If any of your dependants are included in a parent’s passport, please ensure that you apply for an individual passport for each person. Please note that each person will require their own passport at the time of visa issuance.

6. Completed Military Questionnaire (attached), for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service. For all applicants with any military service, please provide a copy of the Military Card or Military Exemption Card.

Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope.

Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

At this time, we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014. Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 18 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries."
Old Nov 1st 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jpod
Hi all,

Finally heard from the High Commission today by email (first thing I've had since June 2012). Disappointing news really - no meds request, no request for landing fees, no request for updated police certificate. Just a request for updated forms (see below). Almost feels like I'm applying from scratch again!

On the upside at least they haven't forgotten about me! Can't imagine I'll get COPR this side of summer 2015 though. Oh well.

cheers

Jools
Ok Jpod - we had this back in April - called it the 18 months wait letter, and gave in to never getting anywhere...sent docs in mid May and in under 5 months got med reqs - I doubt you will take that long - get them filled in, check there aren't any inconsistencies with last time, and get them sent off.... could be quicker for you I would hope, as they seem to be moving now....
Old Nov 1st 2013, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Witchileiz - that's encouraging. I'll get them off as soon as I can. The new forms are quite different from the ones I completed back in 2010 though, seem longer and more involved!

Annoyingly I can't lay my hands on the Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) form that I completed last time - hope my memory is good enough to remember all the places I have been abroad over the past 10 years!

all the best and really glad yours and others' applications are progressing so well. We'll get there one day!

cheers

Jools

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Ok Jpod - we had this back in April - called it the 18 months wait letter, and gave in to never getting anywhere...sent docs in mid May and in under 5 months got med reqs - I doubt you will take that long - get them filled in, check there aren't any inconsistencies with last time, and get them sent off.... could be quicker for you I would hope, as they seem to be moving now....
Old Nov 1st 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Witchileiz - that's encouraging. I'll get them off as soon as I can. The new forms are quite different from the ones I completed back in 2010 though, seem longer and more involved!

Annoyingly I can't lay my hands on the Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) form that I completed last time - hope my memory is good enough to remember all the places I have been abroad over the past 10 years!

all the best and really glad yours and others' applications are progressing so well. We'll get there one day!

cheers

Jools

Yes same, got that request back in April then med request in September. My letter requesting police certs seems to have been lost in the visa post so I hope i'm still within the 60 days with this. It should arrive next week some time. Soooo the good news is that it looks like you are just 6 months behind us although they seem to be moving a lot faster at the moment (i got a reply to a case specific within 2 days!) so probably not even that! Good luck :-)
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

You are not the last one! I had the 12 month hold letter, and thats been it! no request for updates... nothing!
Not bad since I have a 2 year old email direct from Mrs Arnott, stating i should have med requests in the next few weeks!

Hi all,

cheers

Jools

"Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents marked below within 60 days.

The forms listed below can be found on the CIC website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
(Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates)
1. New Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant.

2. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] for yourself and each family member over the age of 18.

4. New Additional Family Information Form IMM5406 for yourself and each family member over the age of 18.

5. Copy of passport title page for each applicant. If any of your dependants are included in a parent’s passport, please ensure that you apply for an individual passport for each person. Please note that each person will require their own passport at the time of visa issuance.

6. Completed Military Questionnaire (attached), for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service. For all applicants with any military service, please provide a copy of the Military Card or Military Exemption Card.

Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope.

Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

At this time, we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014. Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 18 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries."
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

I shall just remove my foot from my mouth... what arrived this morning?

At this time, we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014. Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 18 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.