Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:35 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by kat-b
I know my signature almost has too many characters I've been adding to It for so long! I'm not really sure why they have said to wait until 2014, they probably have reached the quota for this year. I can only imagine hat other people on similar timelines who have not had med requests yet will be in the same position although you never know as i'm not convinced any of this has been done in a logical way!! I'm ok with waiting until 2014 as long as it happens. It's just the uncertainty that I'm not ok with!!
Likewise! We know nothing further after 1st Nov 12 (see our timeline) .. we haven't even had the 'wait 18 more months' thing and the reply to our recent case specific request was 'file is awaiting review' .. what review? when it will be done? what after the review? just no nothing .. this uncertainty is boring to say the least!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:38 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unusual78
No news is good news James! :-)

Did send an email and were told that file is awaiting review.
At least they acknowledge that you are still in the system and awaiting review! I just don't get it, pretty much like lot of Canadians I have spoken to around here. They have no idea that the Immigration system is so backed up. They are often amazed (actually gobsmacked!) when I tell them that it took three years to get in and people are still in the UK waiting even longer.

Many locals also say.. 'But surely there must be a deal going for Brits coming to Canada due to the commonwealth connections?' Something I've always wondered about in the past myself, but clearly does not influence CIC's decision making progress.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:00 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Hi James - good to hear from you - how you settling in?

We're still here (I know - not officially in this group - but only a few months after in applications) - approaching my 6-12 month letter anniversary - intend to have email ready to rip off to CIC a week on Sunday! Checking other forums, and anyone who applied around May/June 2010 still seem to be waiting to hear news. Still waiting, still feel like a muppet....

On a more positive note, emailed a couple of places I wanted to work (education / medical) and enquired re vacancies, explained situation, etc., and one got back to me (Camosun College) and informed me there would be suitable vacancies coming up shortly and to apply.. those vacancies are now showing on their website, so will be applying this weekend... But still in hope of movement of some kind around this time (my GCMS notes had a Bfd date of this Friday 19th). So I live in rose-tinted hope of something happening prior to possible interview, etc.

I would soooo like to be over by mid summer, to get daughter in to school for new term... Hey ho - let's see how it goes...

Are you all settled now then? House bought? Job, etc? How's it all been for you?
What can I say? I feel for you and the rest in this thread. It's a bloody pain/mess to say the least.. but then nothing new in that statement.

Our move over was pretty painless.
Some pointers (some is Federal and some is purely BC related) on PR cards, SIN's, MSP, car purchase/registration/insurance etc. can be found in a little write up I did in Canniversary here

James

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 17th 2013 at 8:17 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by james.mc
Some pointers (some is Federal and some is purely BC related) on PR cards, SIN's, MSP, car purchase/registration/insurance etc. can be found in a little write up I did in Canviversary here

James
I'm sure that info will come in v handy (one day!) - thanks!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by witchileiz
I'm sure that info will come in v handy (one day!) - thanks!
One day......... :-))
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:19 am
All Sooked up!

It'll come

At least you guys have not been refused.
That was a bit of a downer when it happened to me!

Good luck to all,

James
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Hi folks

We received our PPR this morning!!

Can't believe it, it's finally over

Can anyone just confirm we can drop off copies of our passports at London rather than our actual passports? It doesn't mention it in the instructions?

We're going to travel to London next Thursday so we can then get our visas 2 weeks later, post to/fromIreland will just delay us

We've waited long enough after all!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Yes we dropped off copies of our passports - every single page (including the cover) in London just before Easter - stand on the left hand side to drop off and right hand side to pick up!

Good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:28 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scotty1974
Hi folks

Can anyone just confirm we can drop off copies of our passports at London rather than our actual passports? It doesn't mention it in the instructions?

We're going to travel to London next Thursday so we can then get our visas 2 weeks later, post to/fromIreland will just delay us

O Wow .. Party time!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Hi folks

That's amaaaaaazing!!! So happy for you :-)) wow! Champagne tonight!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Hi folks

Congrats!! Amazing news Hope all goes smoothly and quickly for this last step!

It's 12-months to the day today since I received the 6-12 month wait letter and still no news Will be emailing my lawyers if I don't hear anything in the next week or so!!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Hi folks

OO - Sorry - almost missed this post - a massive congrats Scotty "...and breathe!"

Well done - and best of luck with the move over there.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:53 pm
All Sooked up!

Hi folks

Well done Scotty!

As per Jane Barlow - Copy every page of your passport(s) including the cover. No need to hand your passport in if it was issued by a Visa exempt country.

Good luck
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks all for the kind words!

Off to buy some bubbly as I type this

I hope the rest of you get some news soon
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:41 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Thanks all for the kind words!

Off to buy some bubbly as I type this

I hope the rest of you get some news soon
Hi Scotty,

Not a FSW applicant (Man that's a long time waiting) but big congrats to you and the family, I can't imagine your excitement, especially after the long process. Enjoy the moment and feeling. Imagine if you could get a job that made you feel like you do now not sure there are many of those around

Good luck and all the best for the new life.

Regards

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.