Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by scotty1974
yes we're in a race now to see who gets medicals first - good luck
We're racing ourselves, Scotty! We have two applications in (FSW1 and NSPNP). Typical - Sod's Law if we hadn't have put the PNP one in, the FSW1 would have still been gathering dust. Think we're past worrying about "what ifs" though - now just want a decision from either app so we can move on in life.

Watch this space today - I think there's going to be more In Processes along soon!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by unusual78
this is how our e-cas looks like .. been like this now for 20 months
ECAS has to be the most frustrating thing ever. Ours has been updated. But it is under the old file number - the new file number brings nothing up. They have now updated our address but put the format of the postcode wrongly. We'll now need another email to ask them to correct it. Of course, it may be right on the file from which they are working from - ECAS's inaccuracies are the ultimate paranoia creating tool.

I honestly wouldn't trust what it says - you could be in process right now, just ECAS hasn't been updated. Hang on in there!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:49 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaye5
ECAS has to be the most frustrating thing ever. Ours has been updated.

I honestly wouldn't trust what it says - you could be in process right now, just ECAS hasn't been updated. Hang on in there!
Cheers Kaye5
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:29 am
Just Joined

abdbassam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
You applied under NOC 0711 or 0311 - your signatures state 0311?
It is 0711 it was a printing mistake
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:38 am
Just Joined

abdbassam is an unknown quantity at this point

Ecas updated yesterday
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 19, 2012.
London visa office noc 0711
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Could this be true in some way or verify-able from some authentic source?
Not sure if what you have heard is 'hearsay and conjecture' but from the updated info forms from CIC after i went into active processing in Feb, it stated that it would take 4months more to process. Now if this means the issuance of PR, or meds, was unclear.

I guess all we can do is hope for the best, and carry on with our lives where we are until we know more. The worst thing is trying to live a life on hold.

MS.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scotty1974
Hi folks

whoop whoop! at last! we're in real process!!

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 4, 2012

I hope we get medicals soon

Yay! Things are moving along again, good to see. Congrats!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

for the sake of the timeline thread, we had our inland landing today in Halifax after waiting only 3 days to get an appointment (I think we hit lucky there), so we're all done and dusted....just need citizenship now.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us on our journey, and best wishes to all still in process.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:29 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spaceace
for the sake of the timeline thread, we had our inland landing today in Halifax after waiting only 3 days to get an appointment (I think we hit lucky there), so we're all done and dusted....just need citizenship now.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us on our journey, and best wishes to all still in process.
BRAVO!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:09 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to those moving into real process
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Hi all,
I also posted this in the June/July thread, let me know what you think please.

So guys, we've just been thrown a total curve ball. What do you make of this?

Dear Madam/Sir,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer
and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next
processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time.
PIease note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed
necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or
buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.
Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.

Don't know how to feel about this letter, on one hand I am elated to hear that they seem to have processed our paperwork but on the other hand we are gutted that the medical may be 6-12 months away! That's SO long! Has anyone else had this letter? My head's all over the place... (But then I'm only a ditzy blonde at the best of times so that's not an entirely new experience for me.)
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:30 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi all,

Dear Madam/Sir,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer
and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next
PIease note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed
necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or
buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.
Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.

Don't know how to feel about this letter, on one hand I am elated to hear that they seem to have processed our paperwork but on the other hand we are gutted that the medical may be 6-12 months away! That's SO long! Has anyone else had this letter? My head's all over the place... (But then I'm only a ditzy blonde at the best of times so that's not an entirely new experience for me.)
Hi anunlikely reunion,
Salmanizak in another post mentioned this sort of reply letter

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt....#post10021482

Hugh
Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:27 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Dear Madam/Sir,

Just wondering - Did you get an actual letter or was it an email reply to a case specific email?

Also what's your NOC code just out of interest? Is it on the new list or old list?

Wishing you all the best in you app

Last edited by jobop; Apr 27th 2012 at 9:01 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:49 am
Waiting for medicals

Hi all,

Dear Madam/Sir,

Did you get an actual letter or was it an email reply to a case specific email?
Also is your your NOC on the MI1 or MI2 list?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 11:15 am
Waiting for medicals

Got a letter from CHC London this morning in the post:

States the following:

'Dear Madam/Sir,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time.

Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.'

does this mean our application is approved and now medicals etc remain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.