Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR London Aug 2010 FSW Electrical Engineer

AOR London Aug 2010 FSW Electrical Engineer

Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry AOR London Aug 2010 FSW Electrical Engineer

Dear all, I have been keeping an eye on all peoples visas processing movements latley and have some questions if anyone can help ?

Me and my partner applied back in Jan 2010 to Sydney and after a mess up on their behalf received our letter to send full application to london in May 2010, we sent our Full app to London in June and had a letter back on the 1st of Aug 2010. We have herd nothing since. We had sent 2 letter to the uk Office and had no replies so I sent an email on the 1st of November and got an email back today as below :-
Dear Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (KLH)

2 more years thats crazy ! the other problem is me and my partner are waiting to start a family, but dont want to try , due to the medical requiring an x-ray, and have herd all theses Storeys that the applications will have to start again if my Partner becomes pregnant !

Has anyone got any suggestions on what we should do? I think everyone in our timescale was under the impression that it would only be 12 months from the start.

We went to an move to canada expo in london last month, when a representative was stating at a presentation only 12 months from application from start to finish under the new rules,.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR London Aug 2010 FSW Electrical Engineer

Originally Posted by bongobrad
2 more years thats crazy ! the other problem is me and my partner are waiting to start a family, but dont want to try , due to the medical requiring an x-ray, and have herd all theses Storeys that the applications will have to start again if my Partner becomes pregnant !
The storeys you have herd (or perhaps stories you have heard I'm guessing!) are rubbish. Of course you don't have to start again if your partner becomes pregnant, you'd just have to delay the medical in a worst case scenario. Plus of course, have the extra proof of funds amount for another family member and add the baby to your application (assuming s/he would be born prior to you landing as PR's, if it was after then you'd have to sponsor him/her for PR). So carry on and happy baby making!

We went to an move to canada expo in london last month, when a representative was stating at a presentation only 12 months from application from start to finish under the new rules,.
Yep, that's true I'm afraid. They are prioritising the applications that come under the latest set of ministerial instructions so they are being processed much quicker.

Still, on the plus side, just think of all the people that are still waiting for PR from when they first applied in 2007 - at least you've not had to wait that long (yet! ).
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks for you advice, that would be ok if we could do that.

The other option We was thinking of going to Canada next year and travel around for up to 6 months if we have not herd anything by spring as we are selling a business. Better off being in Canada while we wait I suppose as long as my Partner does not fall Pregnant in that time
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:13 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Dear all, I have been keeping an eye on all peoples visas processing movements latley and have some questions if anyone can help ?

Me and my partner applied back in Jan 2010 to Sydney and after a mess up on their behalf received our letter to send full application to london in May 2010, we sent our Full app to London in June and had a letter back on the 1st of Aug 2010. We have herd nothing since. We had sent 2 letter to the uk Office and had no replies so I sent an email on the 1st of November and got an email back today as below :-
Dear Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (KLH)

Has anyone got any suggestions on what we should do? I think everyone in our timescale was under the impression that it would only be 12 months from the start.

We got the same email from them back in January. One lesson we have learned from this wait is try not to put your life on hold. It's very difficult not to, but this process will take over if you let it!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your support Mac2 it does feel like we have put our life on hold !!
I see that someone who got there AOR in Aug has just had there medical requests come through the post today sop there is hope that things are moving in our dates of AOR.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:03 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your support Mac2 it does feel like we have put our life on hold !!
I see that someone who got there AOR in Aug has just had there medical requests come through the post today sop there is hope that things are moving in our dates of AOR.
Slight difference in application - they are FSW2 meaning they have arranged employment. These are done a little faster than FSW1's no arranged employment. As you can see we are May 2010 AOR and we are still waiting for meds!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

You could re apply under the new rules. It's taking some people 6 months start to finish!