Aor

Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:13 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
leanne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: kent
Posts: 15
leanne is on a distinguished road
Default Aor

hi ,

How long did you wait for your AOR to arrive.

Many Thanks to all replies
leanne is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:17 pm
  #2  
Happily hungover
 
1066's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Runcorn, via Africa and parts unknown.
Posts: 2,447
1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by leanne
hi ,

How long did you wait for your AOR to arrive.

Many Thanks to all replies
My memory doesn't go back much beyond breakfast time, but I think it was about 2 - 3 weeks?!
1066 is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:37 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
leanne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: kent
Posts: 15
leanne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by 1066
My memory doesn't go back much beyond breakfast time, but I think it was about 2 - 3 weeks?!
I know how you feel,

We are at the end of our 2nd week so i guess we at less have a 3rd week of waiting a head of us, not a problem just wonted to know how long it takes.

Thanks for your reply
leanne is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:42 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Woodstock62's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 610
Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aor

As with everything to do with CHC, there is no way to tell.

It can be anything from a few days to a few months! Sorry to be so vague but such are the workings of CHC.

Hope you don't have to wait too long. Mind you, that said, it's good practise for the 39 months or so you'll have to wait once you have received your AOR.
Woodstock62 is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:45 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
leanne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: kent
Posts: 15
leanne is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Aor

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
As with everything to do with CHC, there is no way to tell.

It can be anything from a few days to a few months! Sorry to be so vague but such are the workings of CHC.

Hope you don't have to wait too long. Mind you, that said, it's good practise for the 39 months or so you'll have to wait once you have received your AOR.

LOL

Last edited by leanne; Mar 9th 2006 at 11:53 pm.
leanne is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:31 am
  #6  
TLB
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 124
TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by leanne
hi ,

How long did you wait for your AOR to arrive.
Our AOR took about 10 weeks to arrive and that was back in June 04!!!

As I am sure you have read on this site your AOR is only the beginning of your wait.
Tracey
TLB is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:30 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
pjlfc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 47
pjlfc will become famous soon enoughpjlfc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aor

Sent our forms on the 2nd March(finally).
AOR arrived today 10th March.
Quoting 39mths processing time at the moment
pjlfc is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:40 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 308
dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by leanne
hi ,

How long did you wait for your AOR to arrive.

Many Thanks to all replies

We waited 3 1/2 months, sent it at the beginning of March 04 got AOR mid June 04
dormy is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:46 am
  #9  
TLB
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 124
TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by dormy
We waited 3 1/2 months, sent it at the beginning of March 04 got AOR mid June 04
Same as us and I bet you haven't heard a thing either!!
Tracey
TLB is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:34 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Peter Lowestoft's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Suffolk, England..
Posts: 73
Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by leanne
hi ,

How long did you wait for your AOR to arrive.

Many Thanks to all replies
Probably got the idea by now..
My brother submitted he application in Jan 2003 and didn't get his AOR for approx 2 1/2 months, but got his visa by Dec 03. I received my AOR within two weeks of submitting last March, and guess what....Still Waiting..
Peter Lowestoft is offline  
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:11 am
  #11  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
leanne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: kent
Posts: 15
leanne is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by pjlfc
Sent our forms on the 2nd March(finally).
AOR arrived today 10th March.
Quoting 39mths processing time at the moment
its so strange how the time scale can vary so much, we sent our forms on the 23rd Feb by special delivery and it was singed for on the 24th Feb but we are still waiting for the AOR to arrive, its not that we are inpatient as we are happy to be in the UK for the next few years. i just dont get why the time scale can vary so much for the AOR to be sent.

it would be nice to know we are in the system.

we have gone thou the skilled workers rout, can i ask what rout you have taken.

many thanks Leanne
leanne is offline  
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:46 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
pjlfc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 47
pjlfc will become famous soon enoughpjlfc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aor

Originally Posted by leanne
its so strange how the time scale can vary so much, we sent our forms on the 23rd Feb by special delivery and it was singed for on the 24th Feb but we are still waiting for the AOR to arrive, its not that we are inpatient as we are happy to be in the UK for the next few years. i just dont get why the time scale can vary so much for the AOR to be sent.

it would be nice to know we are in the system.

we have gone thou the skilled workers rout, can i ask what rout you have taken.

many thanks Leanne
Hi,
we've gone down the skilled workers route as well,but i'm a bit impatient and can't wait to get out of the UK. Maybe we caught them at a slack time at the Embassy,don't know why there should be such a difference but hey... Canadian eh!
Hope you hear soon

Pete
pjlfc is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.