Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR 19 Sep 06 and received 60 day letter today

Wikiposts

AOR 19 Sep 06 and received 60 day letter today

Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Default AOR 19 Sep 06 and received 60 day letter today

Hi everyone, oh my gosh I can't believe that we received our 60 day letter today. Our AOR is 19 September 06 simplified application and I didn't expect to hear from them for at least 6 months. We applied at the Sydney Consulate. I'm still in shock after seeing the brown envelope in the postbox. I had heard from another discussion board that Sydney is currently processing March 06 applicants. I just can't believe it. So excited!!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AOR 19 Sep 06 and received 60 day letter today

The first I've heard of the new simplified apps being processed. Anyone London applicants got an update letter on the simplified process yet?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:15 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Hi everyone, oh my gosh I can't believe that we received our 60 day letter today. Our AOR is 19 September 06 simplified application and I didn't expect to hear from them for at least 6 months. We applied at the Sydney Consulate. I'm still in shock after seeing the brown envelope in the postbox. I had heard from another discussion board that Sydney is currently processing March 06 applicants. I just can't believe it. So excited!!
Wow they seem to be shifting some ground at the moment in London and Syndney.

Congratulations on your good news. I am intrigued to know why someone would move from Australia to Canada?
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bodgerx
The first I've heard of the new simplified apps being processed. Anyone London applicants got an update letter on the simplified process yet?
From the post I have seen they seem to be asking for updates from March - May 2006 in London at the moment....but then there are also stories of people held up from long before that....
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:19 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

That settles it........

I'm off to Canada via Oz
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by James Martindale
Congratulations on your good news. I am intrigued to know why someone would move from Australia to Canada?
I'm totally shocked and still can't believe it, it hasn't sunk in yet. Here I was thinking I would have so much time to get our paperwork ready to send as soon as we received the update letter, but now I don't! Well, I better get cracking!

We get asked a lot why we're leaving Australia for Canada. I think people assume that all Aussies love the hot weather so why would we go somewhere where it's freezing a good part of the year. In fact, Aussies think we're mad to leave, but only because of the weather. Is our hot weather the reason you were wondering why we're leaving?

We're getting sick of the heat to be honest, we have long hot summers and even our winters are very mild. Only yesterday I was wearing a Tshirt with long pants and it's right in the middle of our winter! We're also wanting to experience life in a different country, my husband went to Toronto in 2006 and didn't want to come home! He loved it there. We also think that there are many opportunities for our children being in North America and closer to Europe, Australia is so far away from the rest of the world.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:05 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
I'm totally shocked and still can't believe it, it hasn't sunk in yet. Here I was thinking I would have so much time to get our paperwork ready to send as soon as we received the update letter, but now I don't! Well, I better get cracking!

We get asked a lot why we're leaving Australia for Canada. I think people assume that all Aussies love the hot weather so why would we go somewhere where it's freezing a good part of the year. In fact, Aussies think we're mad to leave, but only because of the weather. Is our hot weather the reason you were wondering why we're leaving?

We're getting sick of the heat to be honest, we have long hot summers and even our winters are very mild. Only yesterday I was wearing a Tshirt with long pants and it's right in the middle of our winter! We're also wanting to experience life in a different country, my husband went to Toronto in 2006 and didn't want to come home! He loved it there. We also think that there are many opportunities for our children being in North America and closer to Europe, Australia is so far away from the rest of the world.
That's great.

I lived in Australia as a child but would be scared to go back there and live because it is so far from freinds and family.

I also lived in Toronto for a year and loved it, where I am hoping to return. The winter is very cold and my learning curve in coping with the winter was very steep but I loved the experience. I actually preferred the winter to the summer as being English anything over 25 degrees is way too hot for me!

Anyway good luck with the remainder of your application.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

setourneau is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe this. We are in exactly the same position. AOR 19/09/06 exactly the same in Sydney simplified process and we got our 60 day letter yesterday. I am so shocked I was not expecting it til early next year if at all!
I was wondering what to do when they ask for originals and say you won't be getting them back after processing. I don't want my academic transcript to be lost forever.