anyone used UPS

Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough
Default anyone used UPS

just wondering if any of you may of used UPS to send your spouse applications to Mississauga, i have and have just learned that they don't deliver to PO box numbers. any one used them and did you have any problems
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone used UPS

Originally Posted by nickybum
just wondering if any of you may of used UPS to send your spouse applications to Mississauga, i have and have just learned that they don't deliver to PO box numbers. any one used them and did you have any problems
Just for people's information, at work we have had a lot of problem with UPS deliveries. We are now using a different provider because their service is more reliable...if you are using UPS make sure that you track your delivery.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

We used Fed Ex. Do you have a tracking number for UPS to at least monitor where it is? I would have thought that they would have told you at the time of booking that they don't deliver to PO Boxes if that was the case. Do you have a return address on the package, just in case?

On an aside, I'm not sure that the case processing centre necessarily counts as a PO Box. Generally the problem with PO Boxes is the security and the chance that no one will be able to sign for it. Our Fed Ex record stated that despite the fact that it was sent to the PO Box address, it was signed for by someone in "Goods In".

I take it you're re-sending your application after it was returned? If you don't mind my asking, did you find out why they returned it? Ours has only been in Mississauga for a week, so I'm still in the early paranoid stages

Edit: Just did a search, someone in a recent post here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=ups used UPS without major issues.

Last edited by cov-canuck; Nov 1st 2005 at 2:13 am.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:15 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

I use Fed-Ex for most shipping; including documents and PO Boxes. Haven't had a problem as yet. The same thing happened to me with some documents I sent to a PO Box - it was signed for, don't know by whom?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

well i work in a goods in for BT and we to have troubles with UPS and i do agree you must track it, so why I'm i using them ? well cus i could track it and it has been recommend to me from my customers for sending and they were much cheaper then FedEx and parcleforce the problem is when you work with these couriers you know how bad they all are and really i would worry with all of them. CIC returned my application out of my stupid mistake i ticked some wrong boxes and also i forgot to sign one of hubby's pictures which I'm sure i did do but i think it went to the meds so folks it pays to get a fresh pair of eyes to check it all before you send it. i have been told by CIC that it wont go back to the bottom of the pile as they give you a sticker to put on the envelop with the officers name on it and it goes back to him when it gets there. it was so scary the way they just shove it in the mail and send it back:scared: the envelop was very thin and started to rip thank god it got here when it did
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

OK, now I'm scared...you had to sign your husband's picture? We sent off our application, and I don't remember anything about my having to sign a picture! :scared:

Yeah, all delivery companies suck when you get right down to it. I used to work for an online retailer, and we used Parcelforce. The number of horror stories about DVD players being dropped over front gates, and hard drives being left out in the rain for a week while the home owners were on holiday...!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
OK, now I'm scared...you had to sign your husband's picture? We sent off our application, and I don't remember anything about my having to sign a picture! :scared:

Yeah, all delivery companies suck when you get right down to it. I used to work for an online retailer, and we used Parcelforce. The number of horror stories about DVD players being dropped over front gates, and hard drives being left out in the rain for a week while the home owners were on holiday...!
no sorry, sign is the wrong words, sorry to give you a fright we had to put his DOB and name on it. sorry i know what it's like someone says something and you jump a mile in panic.