Wikiposts

Anyone with Sept '06 AOR?

Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Buddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone with Sept '06 AOR?

Hi all,

Just checking if anyone with an AOR around this time has heard anything yet?

We have not heard anything at all, but it could be soon! Who knows, eh?

Kind regards

Kelly
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone with Sept '06 AOR?

Hi Kelly,
We are Sep 2006 AOR and have our fingers crossed at the moment...We have spotted one person with an Aug 2006 recieving an update letter but there seem to be a lot around May - July aswell...
But like you we are hoping it won't be too long....
Good Luck
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:10 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

we are too really hope to hear by the end of the yr , i think i am slowly getting obsessed with the postman
i think he reckons i fancy him coz as soon as i see him i fling the door open , haha
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by deenailz
we are too really hope to hear by the end of the yr , i think i am slowly getting obsessed with the postman
i think he reckons i fancy him coz as soon as i see him i fling the door open , haha
Hiya,

I was thinking when I wrote my reply that you would also stumble across this one too
Cheers
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:39 am

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light

August 3rd 2006 AOR ~ no news yet...
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Buddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Can I ask whether anyone at this stage is looking at jobs, or are you planning on getting work once you have landed?

I dont know what we will do, all I do know is that we will need to secure a rental that accepts dogs.

Cheers

Kelly
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi again Kelly
No..We are not looking for jobs yet....I hear you about rentals for dogs though (what do you have by the way?) We have cats although we also have family in Canada so we will stay with them initially...Where abouts are you hoping to live?
As I said we have family near Guelph in Ontario so we want to be quite close to them but not too close if you know what I mean...
Cheers
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LorraineG
August 3rd 2006 AOR ~ no news yet...
I am sure it won't be long now.....We are off on holiday to the Maldives next Thursday and I have seen a few posts where people have been on holiday and come home to find a brown envelop on their doormat (or an e mail from CHC)...We are half hoping that this might happen for us....No harm in hoping right..Where are you hoping to live when you get out there and deenailz..how about you?
Cheers
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tim!

Well, we are looking at areas in Ontario. We have 2 small dogs, I have heard conflicting things regarding rentals and how hard it can be to rent with pets and no work. We shall see and have somewhere to live before we make the move.

I do get very nervous about it all sometimes. What if it doesn't work out, etc? It doesn't help that we have a young baby son and will not know anyone in Canada. I am sure we will do whats for the best.
Kelly
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:09 am

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tim
We are headed for Westport, Ontario (not far from either Kingston or Ottawa). We are headed out this Saturday for a few days, we are going to the Training/Education & Jobs expo in Toronto. With any luck it will result in a job offer At the very worst it is a good opportunity to network and build some contacts for when we finally move.
You have a great holiday, keep in touch,
Lorraine.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Kelly,
Have you been out to Ontario many times? Anywhere in particular you are looking? I can imagine it must make it more difficult with a little person aswell..fortunately we don't have that worry (4 cats is bad enough)......
All of the people we have met in Canada (mainly through family) have been very kind, generous and friendly and as with must cultures, I think the key is being willing to join in and not isolate yourselves..then they will welcome you with open arms..
Wishing you all the best.
Cheers
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LorraineG
Hi Tim
We are headed for Westport, Ontario (not far from either Kingston or Ottawa). We are headed out this Saturday for a few days, we are going to the Training/Education & Jobs expo in Toronto. With any luck it will result in a job offer At the very worst it is a good opportunity to network and build some contacts for when we finally move.
You have a great holiday, keep in touch,
Lorraine.
Alright....We have been to Ottawa a couple of times..once for a Canada day and once in the winter for the ice festival....Has to be seen to be believed..it was actually slightly warm when we went and some of the ice statues were melting but it is defintely worth a visit..I can post some pics if you like...
So you are going on a bit of a recci then with the added bonus of maybe finding a job...That would be brilliant...I wish you lots of luck with that...make sure you report back with your hopefully good news...
This will be a good thread for us Aug/Sep 2006 AORers..
Cheers
Tim
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:14 am

Thanks Tim, have a great holiday!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

WendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant future

I'm a Sept 06 one too

Hubby is accusing me of obsession as I keep checking if any August AOR's have update letters.

We have dogs, cats and kids issues with regard to renting. Only thought i've had on it, is to buy quickly. We're pretty sure of our area as house exchanged there. Then leave the dogs and cats in kennels here until we have a house. Seems a pricey and not ideal option but they are family and kids have refused to go if we don't take the animals.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi Wendy,

Looks as if we are in a similar situation. I am sure we will be able to get a private rental, its just getting things organised.

Funny enough, we have had enough time to do it! LOL

Kelly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.