Anyone in the same boat?

Old Aug 31st 2013, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

so-impatient is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in the same boat?

p.s. My application went from in process to DM in 3 days and I got my COPR 7 days later.

I just want anyone to feel stressed if it goes from in process to DM quickly after reading this thread!

And dont feel stressed if it takes longer either! Everyone is different.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Still no sign of DM but really not fussed anymore , it will come when it comes, as some of you know I never completed my medical until CIC requested it (by advice of lawyer, although I think he may have got his info mixed up and shouldn't have had me delay the medical) and I noticed yesterday that cic have now also added "Medical received" on my ecas status so least I know my application isn't sitting in a drawer somewhere lol. But to be honest I am much calmer about the whole situation, the ideal date we wanted to be away by has passed us by last week and since then I have come to like the idea of spending one last big family Christmas in Scotland and plan to leave on the 16th of January 2014.

Ill keep you guys posted, and again many thanks for the support
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:59 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George1987
Still no sign of DM but really not fussed anymore , it will come when it comes, as some of you know I never completed my medical until CIC requested it (by advice of lawyer, although I think he may have got his info mixed up and shouldn't have had me delay the medical) and I noticed yesterday that cic have now also added "Medical received" on my ecas status so least I know my application isn't sitting in a drawer somewhere lol. But to be honest I am much calmer about the whole situation, the ideal date we wanted to be away by has passed us by last week and since then I have come to like the idea of spending one last big family Christmas in Scotland and plan to leave on the 16th of January 2014.

Ill keep you guys posted, and again many thanks for the support
This is almost certainly the delay I think - it takes a bit of time for the bloodwork etc to come back and for the results to make their way over to CIC, and so there's no way they would have issued you a DM without the results of the medical. If I had to guess (and I am only guessing!) your file was opened, your status was changed to in process, the agent saw there were no medical results yet, and set your file aside until the meds were received. Now that the medicals are in, I would guess that they will either just stamp the application as finished (if the agent processed the rest of the file in the meantime), or it won't be too far away (if they actually only start evaluating the complete application now).

That's almost definitely the reason for your delay, though, and why you didn't have the quick turnaround from In Process to DM.

Hope it's not too much longer now!!