Anyone "Landed" late at night?

Old Sep 24th 2011, 3:18 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone "Landed" late at night?

Hi all, we're hoping to "land" in Halifax next spring. I've been looking at flights and the cheapest seems to be a US Airways flight, changing in Philadelphia. Only problem is it gets into Halifax at 11.30pm Is this likely to cause any problems? When we were on our recce we flew in at this time and there was one immigration officer on duty. I don't want to unnecessarily be annoying him/her last thing at night by announcing we'd like to activate our PR. Has anyone landed that late at night and did everything go smoothly? Thanks for any replies
Old Sep 24th 2011, 3:24 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone "Landed" late at night?

I really shouldnt worry, that is their job!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 3:32 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I suppose you're right. I'd just finished replying to you on Facebook and that popped into my head lol! Eek, I can't wait, we're so excited!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

I "landed" in Halifax at around 1.00 am because my plane was delayed for 6 or 7 hours. As long as there are scheduled flights supposed to come in, there are CIC people at the airport, I think. The plane I was on, came from Boston.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 5:26 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Frequently.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 5:30 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Frequently.
Me too, many times, including Halifax ! No problem, ever.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

"Landing" PRs is a nice positive way for an IO to finish off the day! Go for it! I can not imagine you will have any problem.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 6:53 am
Done!

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Me too, many times, including Halifax ! No problem, ever.

Old Sep 24th 2011, 6:54 am
Done!

Originally Posted by bewillow
"Landing" PRs is a nice positive way for an IO to finish off the day! Go for it! I can not imagine you will have any problem.
Well, flights are booked so I guess we'll find out soon enough!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

The flight from the US is likely a small plane. Most of the people will quickly clear customs. You will likely be the only "interesting" person on the plane.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 7:26 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bewillow
The flight from the US is likely a small plane. Most of the people will quickly clear customs. You will likely be the only "interesting" person on the plane.
Its going to be an E170 or CRJ, up to 86 seats. No way to tell if its full or not, if everyone will get off quickly or who's of interest or not. They could be out in a blink or spend hours there. The airport could be weathered out, any number of things. All mere speculation. They may be in a hurry to get home, I believe immigration services at Stanfield close at midnight.

Last edited by Aviator; Sep 24th 2011 at 7:29 am.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:56 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

We landed at YVR about 11.45 pm direct from LHR. I would have been quite happy for a long delay in immigration as I had booked the rental car from 7.00 am the next morning.

I think we were the only immigrants on the flight as we were through immigration and customs and were trying to get some sleep in the arrivals hall by 12.15 am.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:04 am
Done!

Thanks for your responses everyone

JonboyE and Woodworm, thank you so much for sharing your experiences!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:07 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Engineer - the problem is that when you are planning to DO something as big as this, the excitement gets to you, doesn't it? I am landing on 15th of Oct, and I'm so excited I don't really need the plane's engine to propel me across the Atlantic, I could do it all by myself! The big problem is that nobody else is, or really can be expected to be, half as excited as me, except of course my husband. Be patient and the time will get there- very best wishes.