Anyone landed in Abbotsford, BC?

Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Anyone landed in Abbotsford, BC?

Hi Guys,

finally our visa's are in the return post from Ontario so hoping to land on monday

i was just wondering if any of you had landed recently through Abbotsford, BC?

Im starting to get very nervous about the whole experience, what documents im going to need etc and in an effort to cope im turning to

I have done some searching on here, but do you get guidance of what you will need to have with you when you return at the border crossing to activate your visa?

Any help would be welcomed

thanks

kae
Old Aug 18th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone landed in Abbotsford, BC?

Hi Kae,

I don't think Abbotsford handles international flights only WestJet domestic and a few tour operators (that maybe head South in winter and give the airport it's "International" status ), so I don't think you can land there (immigration wise...).

Even if you have a connecting flight to Abbotsford, you have to do the immigration stuff wherever you land first, for example Calgary or Vancouver.

Wolst

Edit: Just realised you were talking about the border crossing, sorry! Don't I feel daft

Last edited by wolstie; Aug 18th 2011 at 3:20 pm. Reason: Idiot.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 4:40 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the bright side. If you go to the Sumas crossing, and find you have forgotten something, you can always ask them to hang on while you nip home to pick it up.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

OKAY OKAY you GUYS thats hilarious, when i said landing i meant 'LANDING' as in activating our visa's !!!! which i think i should have referred to as flagpoling

lord that gave me a laugh and yeah i know Abbotsford doesnt have international flights

thanks for the giggle

kae

Originally Posted by wolstie
Hi Kae,

I don't think Abbotsford handles international flights only WestJet domestic and a few tour operators (that maybe head South in winter and give the airport it's "International" status ), so I don't think you can land there (immigration wise...).

Even if you have a connecting flight to Abbotsford, you have to do the immigration stuff wherever you land first, for example Calgary or Vancouver.

Wolst

Edit: Just realised you were talking about the border crossing, sorry! Don't I feel daft
Originally Posted by JonboyE
Look at the bright side. If you go to the Sumas crossing, and find you have forgotten something, you can always ask them to hang on while you nip home to pick it up.