Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how long after medical for TWP to be sent??

Wikiposts

Anyone know how long after medical for TWP to be sent??

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

kateodonnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know how long after medical for TWP to be sent??

We applied a short while ago for TWP for my husband, as he works in the medical profession he needs a medical, anyone had any experience and know how long before they request medicals and how long after that we get the TWP?? worry on timescales is creaping in as we get closer to Christmas (sorry know its only Sept but weeks just slip by)
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know how long after medical for TWP to be sent??

Originally Posted by kateodonnell
We applied a short while ago for TWP for my husband, as he works in the medical profession he needs a medical, anyone had any experience and know how long before they request medicals and how long after that we get the TWP?? worry on timescales is creaping in as we get closer to Christmas (sorry know its only Sept but weeks just slip by)
i can't remember on time scales of when the request came through, but we heard 10 days after the medical was done.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone know how long after medical for TWP to be sent??

Originally Posted by kateodonnell
Hi

Don't know if this helps or not. I am currently in Alberta on an open work permit but it had restrictions on it (ie can't work with children unless I have a medical). Well was offered a job in a pre school so went for medical last Wednesday. The medical centre said that the results are back within 5 to 7 working days and if all okay they post them to Ottawa to be input onto system. The foreign workers helpline have told me that there is a backlog at ottawa and its taking up to three months for them to enter them !!!!!!!!!!!!It then takes anything up to 26 days for new work permit to be granted.

Hope England does not have a back log and it should be pretty quick fingers crossed.