Anyone heard from Buffalo Office

Old Feb 4th 2002, 9:38 am
Asad Khan

Hi,

I applied for Permanent Residence in Canada in August 2001. I got my AOR in October
2001. I have not heard from the consulate after that. According to the AOR they will
get back to me by May 2002. I was wondering if anyone has an update who has applied
in the time frame as I did.

Thanks, AK

Old Feb 4th 2002, 8:13 pm
Mohammad Yousuf

My case is exactly the same as yours and I even did not get my "initial assessment
letter" yet. Is your base country "Pakistan"?. I think the background checks may be
taking up time if you think about the recent global changes and situations.

I think it was a mistake to apply from Buffalo. Now people are taling abour some
thing like "PIN" number. I do not know what the hell that is supposed to mean.I have
kind of thinking that the mighty"C_11" is about to trip over my head any time .

If you wanna keep in touch, then come back to my yahoo mail address which I am
writing down.

All the best,

Mohammad Yousuf

[email protected]

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 4th 2002, 8:41 pm
Emmanuel Paul

[email protected] (Asad Khan)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Exactly the same timeline here ..

Applied : August 14th AOR: November 15th Wait for 30 weeks to finish processing .. ie
is around May 2002 ... Interview Wavier i pass but with interview i might go down
since i don't have points on the new system which comes into effect on June 28th ..

- Paul