British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Anyone heard about the parent sponsor selection yet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/anyone-heard-about-parent-sponsor-selection-yet-891657/)

Hermione Feb 15th 2017 8:07 pm

Anyone heard about the parent sponsor selection yet?

I submitted my form to sponsor my mum, who is currently here on the grandparent supervisa, for PR but have heard nothing either way yet.

I know the deadline was Feb 2 and then they were sorting through all apps, and after that making the random 10,000 selection, but wondered if
a) anyone else who submitted a form has heard anything, or
b) if anyone knows when we MAY hear something?

Alabama Feb 15th 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Anyone heard about the parent sponsor selection yet?

No nothing yet either :fingerscrossed:

crg2704 Feb 16th 2017 10:40 am

My daughter has put in an application to sponsor us and was told it could be upto 3 months before she hears anything, hope it's not but could be.

thefishnets Mar 10th 2017 6:48 pm

Daughter put in an application for Mum and partner - got it in on the 5000 quota in 2016, got nothing until we got a sponsor approval in June 16 and then in early Feb 17 got a demand to get medicals and police checks done and submitted by March 23rd 17.

Amazed as we were expecting it to take several years to get sponsors approved and longer yet to get to where we are now. Things have really speeded up.

Geordie87 Apr 4th 2017 11:47 am

Anyone had any movement on this yet? I'm still checking my emails 300 times a day :(

christmasoompa Apr 4th 2017 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie87 (Post 12221126)
Anyone had any movement on this yet? I'm still checking my emails 300 times a day :(

Have you searched the forum? I'm sure somebody posted recently saying that they'd been selected, I'll try and find the post.

Alabama Apr 4th 2017 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie87 (Post 12221126)

Nada

Geordie87 Apr 4th 2017 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12221228)
Have you searched the forum? I'm sure somebody posted recently saying that they'd been selected, I'll try and find the post.

Thanks for looking , regardless of selection or not we were told we would be informed either way. As many of you know this is a stressful time , and in the case of aging parents the sooner we can be reunited the better as the sponsorship of parents is lengthy enough :(

thefishnets Apr 4th 2017 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by thefishnets (Post 12201978)
Daughter put in an application for Mum and partner - got it in on the 5000 quota in 2016, got nothing until we got a sponsor approval in June 16 and then in early Feb 17 got a demand to get medicals and police checks done and submitted by March 23rd 17.

Amazed as we were expecting it to take several years to get sponsors approved and longer yet to get to where we are now. Things have really speeded up.

The only additional information available top us is that both the Police Check and Medical are only valid for 12 months, so we assume it is likely we will have the decision before they expire. As we are coming over for 6 weeks in June/July it would be perfect to get a decision before then so we can 'land' and validate the PR but if not we have are told we need to plan another trip to validate PR before their expiry.

christmasoompa Apr 4th 2017 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by thefishnets (Post 12221464)
The only additional information available top us is that both the Police Check and Medical are only valid for 12 months, so we assume it is likely we will have the decision before they expire.

Loving your optimism in CIC. :lol:

Jerseygirl Apr 4th 2017 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by thefishnets (Post 12221464)
The only additional information available top us is that both the Police Check and Medical are only valid for 12 months, so we assume it is likely we will have the decision before they expire. As we are coming over for 6 weeks in June/July it would be perfect to get a decision before then so we can 'land' and validate the PR but if not we have are told we need to plan another trip to validate PR before their expiry.

We were Jan 2014 applicants. Medical and police checks were requested last August. UK police check took about a week...but FBI check took 3 months. A decision was made a few weeks later.

thefishnets Apr 5th 2017 11:49 pm

Without the hope of optimism there is only the depression of pessimism. If you always look for a silver lining it's surprising how often there is at least a glimmer.
Thanks for all your effort in maintaining a very useful site - it really is appreciated by us, and we don't sing praises enough.

Hermione Apr 20th 2017 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie87 (Post 12221357)
Thanks for looking , regardless of selection or not we were told we would be informed either way. As many of you know this is a stressful time , and in the case of aging parents the sooner we can be reunited the better as the sponsorship of parents is lengthy enough :(

We have still heard nothing either way....still maintaining that glimmer of optimism!

Edo Apr 26th 2017 1:31 am

Someone at my work who applied to sponsor their parents received an email from CIC today saying that their application didn't make it through the draw :thumbdown:

Hermione Apr 26th 2017 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Edo (Post 12238457)
Someone at my work who applied to sponsor their parents received an email from CIC today saying that their application didn't make it through the draw :thumbdown:

Yep, I got an email today telling me we were unsuccessful too :(