Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone having problems with the cic site?

Anyone having problems with the cic site?

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:01 am
ONI
Just Joined

ONI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone having problems with the cic site?

Originally Posted by TartanTrace
Hi ONI - no I waited to hear from them to get my medical. I didn't find the info above either - and it wasn't from lack of looking! I had read about POE + medical on forums and tried for ages to speak to a human from immigration just to confirm it, but gave up and played it safe. My husband refused to send our furniture on its merry way, just to have us turned back on a technicality. The whole system is very confusing!
I know it's impossible to speak to anyone and it's so frustrating. Definitely a safer option! How long did they send you the information? I submitted my application with the police check but haven't heard anything yet about the medical. I think I am going to cancel my medical appointment - don't trust the Cic
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:07 am
Just Joined

TartanTrace is an unknown quantity at this point

They asked me for the police check and medical at the same time. Are you sure you need the medical?
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 5:54 pm
ONI
Just Joined

They asked me for the police check and medical at the same time. Are you sure you need the medical?
I was having a really ditzy time whenever I read the CIC message regarding this and I misinterpreted the message. You are right. They requested both at the same time.

The only thing is that I submitted the application by accident when I was having problems with the site and so not sure if this will be an issue as you are not meant to submit it without the medical.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Not sure what you mean? I uploaded the police check (or tried to) but the medical results are transferred automatically from the Dr who sees you. I didn't have to do anything with that apart from arrange the medical and pay :-) I can now see that my CIC page says that our applications are officially "submitted" now instead of "awaiting information". Wondering how long it will take to get the final permit as Canadian boss is hassling me for a start date.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:49 pm
ONI
Just Joined

Not sure what you mean? I uploaded the police check (or tried to) but the medical results are transferred automatically from the Dr who sees you. I didn't have to do anything with that apart from arrange the medical and pay :-) I can now see that my CIC page says that our applications are officially "submitted" now instead of "awaiting information". Wondering how long it will take to get the final permit as Canadian boss is hassling me for a start date.
I know its quite frustrating! My soon to be employer has been bugging me too about a start date. Hope it does not take too long for you.

I meant I submitted my application online without the medical being done - read on the online help that you should not submit the application without it so just a bit worried about this but I am sure it will be ok
I have my medical next week anyway so all will be clear after that.

Good luck with yours! Keep us informed on your progess.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks ONI - good luck with your medical
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ONI
I know its quite frustrating! My soon to be employer has been bugging me too about a start date. Hope it does not take too long for you.

I meant I submitted my application online without the medical being done - read on the online help that you should not submit the application without it so just a bit worried about this but I am sure it will be ok
I have my medical next week anyway so all will be clear after that.

Good luck with yours! Keep us informed on your progess.
You have the option to take the medical up front OR wait until CIC contact you to request you undergo it.

Old Jun 24th 2014, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Update

Just got my permissions through :-)

Will be booking flights tonight.....Hooray
Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Update

Just got my permissions through :-)

Will be booking flights tonight.....Hooray

Congrats!!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:32 pm
ONI
Just Joined

congratulations! that didn't take long at all
where is your job btw?
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks ONI. We are moving to rural BC. Where are you heading to?
I applied for the job a year ago next week......the whole process has been really time comsuming (I had to get membership to a professional organisation and qualifications checked too). Not sure what I'm going to do with all my spare time
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:34 pm
ONI
Just Joined

Thanks ONI. We are moving to rural BC. Where are you heading to?
I applied for the job a year ago next week......the whole process has been really time comsuming (I had to get membership to a professional organisation and qualifications checked too). Not sure what I'm going to do with all my spare time
I am off to Calgary. I started the application in September so by the time I will get everything done it will probably be a year too!

Good luck with your move. Keep us informed on how you get on.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks - you too