Anyone had their medicals expire?

Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

cplifts is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone had their medicals expire?

Hi
Has anyone had their medicals expire whilst waiting for their PPR's?
We are in the 2007 queue and wandering if our medicals expire (nov 11) could they put us back with the unprocessed files and make us wait until they are ready to look at the 2007 files again?
Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone had their medicals expire?

Mine expired (as did 'police cert') while CIC were busy making mistakes, thus delaying everything.

When they finally got things together they "noticed it had expired" and just told me to get a new one.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Mine expired (as did 'police cert') while CIC were busy making mistakes, thus delaying everything.

When they finally got things together they "noticed it had expired" and just told me to get a new one.
they are terrible arent they? did u get your pprs in the end?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. What should have taken 6 months and one set of fees took nearly three years and two sets of fees.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:44 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

Yes, our first medicals expired while waiting for them to make up their minds about our son (who has mild Asperger's). By the time they had made up their minds, we had to get new ones done! Then we were delayed further by the fact that they didn't like the fact that I had had postnatal depression and I had to get a further medical report done (despite it not having been an issue first time round!). As you can see from my time-line, we got PPR about 3 months later - and landed in May this year!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Skimom
Yes, our first medicals expired while waiting for them to make up their minds about our son (who has mild Asperger's). By the time they had made up their minds, we had to get new ones done! Then we were delayed further by the fact that they didn't like the fact that I had had postnatal depression and I had to get a further medical report done (despite it not having been an issue first time round!). As you can see from my time-line, we got PPR about 3 months later - and landed in May this year!!
oh no looks like you had a nightmare too. i do wander if i may have mithered them too much they have just dumped the file somewhere! Cant understand now why its not just a yes or no. Medicals were all ok and police checks etc. Hope you are enjoying life in Canada.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:01 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

There are two main causes for medicals expiring before a case can be approved. Furtherance requests are probably number one while lengthier than expected background checks are number two. The present computer-based processing system brings "late" cases to an officer's attention in good time but cannot affect further medical delays which are in the hands of the medical department and background checks which lie with another unit altogether. From the outside it can look like confusion but it seldom is.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
There are two main causes for medicals expiring before a case can be approved. Furtherance requests are probably number one while lengthier than expected background checks are number two. The present computer-based processing system brings "late" cases to an officer's attention in good time but cannot affect further medical delays which are in the hands of the medical department and background checks which lie with another unit altogether. From the outside it can look like confusion but it seldom is.
Thanks for your reply. From your experience do you think its still possible to have everything sorted before the meds expire at the begining of Novemember. Thanks. I bet you get asked so many questions being a retired visa officer!