Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone had refused LMO (Alberta)??

Anyone had refused LMO (Alberta)??

Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Question Anyone had refused LMO (Alberta)??

Has anyone had LMO refused from Service Canada in Alberta? If so, for what job? and what are the chances of application being refused? Anyone??
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone had refused LMO (Alberta)??

OH had LMO refused only recently.

Was for a semi-skilled job with a very small company. they were told that they has not advertised the job enough, although the company provided every ad they'd ever put in newspaper, etc.

How likely is it to have LMO refused? No idea.

Good luck anyway.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

I am currently waiting for my LMO to be accepted - been 4 weeks so far. I have a job offer in oil industry in Alberta and they want me to start ASAP. How likely is it that it will be refused?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Hawklord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulOK
I am currently waiting for my LMO to be accepted - been 4 weeks so far. I have a job offer in oil industry in Alberta and they want me to start ASAP. How likely is it that it will be refused?
Depends upon what the job is. Have a look here, http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...bouplist.shtml ,and if you can find your job and you have been offered a competitive market wage then you should be OK since minimal advertising is required.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Hawklord, so an LMO for this 1453 Customer Service, Information and Related Clerks
stand a chance where is has been advertised for a while ie 2 months??????

Thank you and good luck all.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hawklord
Depends upon what the job is. Have a look here, http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...bouplist.shtml ,and if you can find your job and you have been offered a competitive market wage then you should be OK since minimal advertising is required.
Yep - 2231 - Should be OK and the wage is good. That's a relief. Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PaulOK
Yep - 2231 - Should be OK and the wage is good. That's a relief. Thanks for your help.

PaulOK,

Which jobs are the 2231 bracket? can you elaborate abit more and thank you for your effort.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bflava
Hawklord, so an LMO for this 1453 Customer Service, Information and Related Clerks
stand a chance where is has been advertised for a while ie 2 months??????

Thank you and good luck all.
Even if you get LMO and work permit it won't be of any help for PR application - you need to work in Canada in skilled occupation to claim arranged employment, NOC matrix skills level 0, A or B. NOC 1453 is not a skilled occupation.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

lilpuddin is an unknown quantity at this point

PaulOK,

Which jobs are the 2231 bracket? can you elaborate abit more and thank you for your effort.
This... http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/docs...er_English.pdf is the matrix, find your NOC code,,then look for Noc on the matrix and it will tell you what bracket you fall under..eg, my hubby is 2281 and falls under B so he will be ok to get his PR once we are in and working.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Even if you get LMO and work permit it won't be of any help for PR application - you need to work in Canada in skilled occupation to claim arranged employment, NOC matrix skills level 0, A or B. NOC 1453 is not a skilled occupation.

Hi Andrew, So you can get a positive LMO in NOC 1453 but it wont help you. can you break it down a bit more.

Can the person use this to extend maybe a work permit. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by bflava; Jul 9th 2008 at 9:41 am.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

lilpuddin is an unknown quantity at this point

Said person may get an extension on a WP but won’t be able to apply for PR as NOC 1453 is under C in the matrix and not classed as skilled worker, its semi skilled so there for will not be eligible for PR status under the skilled worker route.

Does that sound right Andrew?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

We had the approved LMO on 18th June - now awaiting London.

So Andrew - we'll have to change job to become eligible for PR then?? We were kinda hoping for nomination by the employer at some point in the future before the 24 month WP ends, cos I think it says we have to leave the country for 4 months!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK,

Piping Layout Design Technicians would be one - We use 3-D Computer software to design piping routes - we also use separate software to design the associated earthworks, platforms, highways and such like to create an integrated design.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Im still awaiting my LMO for an insurance broker position in Edmonton. Has been over 6 weeks now. Solicitor says I should have it any day now, but have to admit, I'm pretty nervous about the prospect of it being refused...
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lilpuddin
Said person may get an extension on a WP but won’t be able to apply for PR as NOC 1453 is under C in the matrix and not classed as skilled worker, its semi skilled so there for will not be eligible for PR status under the skilled worker route.

Does that sound right Andrew?

lilpuddin, So someone with a BUNAC work auth can apply for an extention on a job code NOC 1453 after their initial 1yr with a positive LMO?? But not for PR?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.