Anyone with Feb AOR

Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:56 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Hampshire then Edmonton then Ponoka, then Calgary!
Posts: 141
bobhope is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone with Feb AOR

Hi anyone with a Feb AOR got their medical request yet!!!
Frustrated and E-Cas not satisfying me!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
bobhope is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:41 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Way too early for anything. Depending from visa post and few other factors you have about 10 months to 4+ years of waiting before you get initial assessment and request for medicals.

Originally Posted by bobhope
Hi anyone with a Feb AOR got their medical request yet!!!
Frustrated and E-Cas not satisfying me!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:53 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Hampshire then Edmonton then Ponoka, then Calgary!
Posts: 141
bobhope is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Way too early for anything. Depending from visa post and few other factors you have about 10 months to 4+ years of waiting before you get initial assessment and request for medicals.


Just to clarify, I meant a Feb 2004 AOR, I hope that 4 yrs is very pessamistic! Finish my police testing in May so hoping to be on the Sept course! Ha Ha well ok so I am very optomistic!!!!!!!!
bobhope is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:53 am
  #4  
Lotus-eater
 
Rich_007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Cascadian Autonomous Elysian Region
Posts: 5,069
Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Way too early for anything. Depending from visa post and few other factors you have about 10 months to 4+ years of waiting before you get initial assessment and request for medicals.
Thanks for that joyous beam of light Andrew oh how my spirits soar every time I read this board !

Don't suppose that an offer of employment for full time perm position in urgent demand sector with specialist skill set and with employer making statement of urgent need and offering full settlement/relocation package would do anything to get anyone at CIC to take their head of the desk and have a cursory look at our file after 14 months ?

No, course not ! It's not even worth faxing them, is it.

Rich
Rich_007 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:42 am
  #5  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

If you can get such an offer then why not get work permit and move to Canada within weeks?

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Thanks for that joyous beam of light Andrew oh how my spirits soar every time I read this board !

Don't suppose that an offer of employment for full time perm position in urgent demand sector with specialist skill set and with employer making statement of urgent need and offering full settlement/relocation package would do anything to get anyone at CIC to take their head of the desk and have a cursory look at our file after 14 months ?

No, course not ! It's not even worth faxing them, is it.

Rich
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:47 am
  #6  
Lyles
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

I'm a Feb AOR, but I applied to London. Based on those with Jan AORs, looks like we may hear in May, although they did say to quiet until August (which would then be our 18 months as stated on our AOR).

L

Originally Posted by bobhope
Hi anyone with a Feb AOR got their medical request yet!!!
Frustrated and E-Cas not satisfying me!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:40 pm
  #7  
Lotus-eater
 
Rich_007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Cascadian Autonomous Elysian Region
Posts: 5,069
Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you can get such an offer then why not get work permit and move to Canada within weeks?
Andrew,

It's kinda complicated (isn't all of this?).

Anyway, does it/should it makes the difference on expediting PR process ?

Cheers,

Rich.
Rich_007 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:28 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 139
pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by Lyles
I'm a Feb AOR, but I applied to London. Based on those with Jan AORs, looks like we may hear in May, although they did say to quiet until August (which would then be our 18 months as stated on our AOR).

L
Lyles,

Just to let you know we have an AOR of 3 of feb 2004 and our card states a wait of 15 months. We are expecting something from the CHC soon. The last person to be contacted had an AOR of 29th Jan 2004. Maybe they are all taking holiday at the CHC (the ski season is coming to an end!). Rich_007 hang in there we will hear something eventually. As soon as I hear I will post.

All the best everyone,

Phil
pak2 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:12 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: SW England
Posts: 1,491
Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by pak2
Lyles,

Just to let you know we have an AOR of 3 of feb 2004 and our card states a wait of 15 months. We are expecting something from the CHC soon. The last person to be contacted had an AOR of 29th Jan 2004. Maybe they are all taking holiday at the CHC (the ski season is coming to an end!). Rich_007 hang in there we will hear something eventually. As soon as I hear I will post.

All the best everyone,

Phil
Fingers crossed you will hear something soon We sent CHC a letter early last week re. their query about our education credentials. At least we know they've started to look at our file.
Craftybanshee is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:00 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: nova scotia
Posts: 464
h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

We too have Feb 04 AOR (London) and was given estimate of up to 18 months (tho' as I've said on previous posts the AOR was for a family class application when we applied skilled worker so I'm not really sure of anything). We haven't heard a thing yet, but we haven't had the post today (who am I kidding).
h_henry is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:34 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 119
stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Andrew,

It's kinda complicated (isn't all of this?).

Anyway, does it/should it makes the difference on expediting PR process ?

Cheers,

Rich.
@Rich,

NOT complicated at all. It is the easiest and fastest route to become a Canadian resident (although temporary) once you get a job offer (which is the difficult/tricky thing).

It does NOT speed up the PR process just eases your long wait. You reside in Canada and enjoy all the amenities. Besides you accumulate Canadian work experience. Read the forum and you know how much that counts!

Stephen
(working in Ontario)
stephenbottcher is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:12 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 158
Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by bobhope
Hi anyone with a Feb AOR got their medical request yet!!!
Frustrated and E-Cas not satisfying me!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm in the same boat for AOR Feb 04 (Skilled worker). Hoping to hear something by the end of May, but that is just a hopeful estimate.

Stay focused and fingers crossed eh?

Wayne
Wookie Wayne is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:21 am
  #13  
Lotus-eater
 
Rich_007's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Cascadian Autonomous Elysian Region
Posts: 5,069
Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by stephenbottcher
@Rich,

NOT complicated at all. It is the easiest and fastest route to become a Canadian resident (although temporary) once you get a job offer (which is the difficult/tricky thing).

It does NOT speed up the PR process just eases your long wait. You reside in Canada and enjoy all the amenities. Besides you accumulate Canadian work experience. Read the forum and you know how much that counts!

Stephen
(working in Ontario)
Stephen,

Sorry should have read "circumstances are complicated" - yep we have the job offer, HRDC validated etc all that is sorted, WP forms at hand with photo's etc ready, it's just that options, timescales, house sale, still waiting to know if we'll be called for UK interview for PR, etc are all adding to the variables options and choices at the moment.

Cheers.

Rich.
Rich_007 is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:47 am
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Headhurts's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 24
Headhurts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Just seen somebody on another forum with an AOR of 19th February 2004 (from London CHC), who got their medical requests today. They were applying under the Business Class (Entrepeneur) though. Still, you can but hope......

"Edited"
Ahh....!!!! I see he's just posted another thread on this forum.

Last edited by Headhurts; Apr 5th 2005 at 4:50 am.
Headhurts is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:49 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Hampshire then Edmonton then Ponoka, then Calgary!
Posts: 141
bobhope is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone with Feb AOR

Originally Posted by Headhurts
Just seen somebody on another forum with an AOR of 19th February 2004 (from London CHC), who got their medical requests today. They were applying under the Business Class (Entrepeneur) though. Still, you can but hope......
Oh no...that means I will be mugging the postman for the next few days, poor chap! ha ha
bobhope is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.