Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone experienced eclient "Decision made" status prior to receiving initial assess..

Wikiposts

Anyone experienced eclient "Decision made" status prior to receiving initial assess..

Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone experienced eclient "Decision made" status prior to receiving initial assess..

Hi All,

Is there anyone who might have experienced in this group that their eclient turning from "in process" to "decision made" prior to receiving the initial assessment and the decision made was positive?

Anyone with such experience is requested to post their replies here.

Thanks in advance!

Damodar
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

manas is an unknown quantity at this point

Its happend for me..but My status changed after i attend medical but before they receive that medical result. For me initally interview waiver, then after this status change in fewdays i got a letter saying i need to attend the interview in seattle..though i asked the interview preference written as detroit..
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Manas,

Thanks for your reply. Pl let me tell you why I am so worried. Recently, similar thing has happend to one of the posters (Mr. Ali) in this NG, and the decision made was negative i.e. refusal letter.

But your case seems to be different. you siad that you attended medical and got an interview waiver. That means you had received the initial assessment when your eclient status was "in process".

This status was then changed to decsion made (maybe they would have felt you needed an interview for the reasons best known to them). So, your thing was quite clear. But my case is just ridiculus, as it is changed the status from "in process" to " decision made" prior to receiving any letter from the Buffalo.

I don't mind If I am called for Interview, but I am worried about the worst scenario of refusal of my case.

Could you please tell me (from your experience) what would be the possible outcome?

I will be very much thankful to you for any advise.

Damodar

Last edited by reddy_cd; Jun 13th 2003 at 5:57 am.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

manas is an unknown quantity at this point

In my point of view there is only two decisions..1)may call for interview 2) may the same thing happen which is happend for ALI.
Lets think positively u will get interview. and my status again chaged to In Process now from Decision Made.

In october they sent me a letter saying interview is waived and asked me to attend medical and fbi report/landing fee.. I did everything... suddenly status changed to decision made and now Inprocess..waiting for interview call and my file move to seattle in feb 20.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Manas,

Thanks! your reply gave me some kind of hope. What I got from your reply is: you got the initial assessment letter with an interview waiver and asked to undergo medical. But due to some reasons, they have changed the status from "in process" to "decision made" and transferred your file to Seattle. Once the file was transferred, it was again changed to "in process" and now you are waiting for the interview date.

Pl let me know whether I got it right or not.

So, I also hope that I might get a letter saying that file would be transferred to some other post and then come back to the "in process" status.

FYI: I am getting 74 points out of 100 in CIC's self assesment, (assuming 16 points for Language). To qualify, I require only 70 as I had applied before Dec 31, 2001. Further, my wife and myself are currently doing graduate studies in Canada on studnet visas and i would be completing my 2 years of full time study in another 2 months or so.

My request to you is : with the above back ground, what could one expect from the CIC, Buffalo?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

Damodar
Old Jun 13th 2003, 8:13 am
Muhammad Ali

Default Re: Anyone experienced eclient "Decision made" status prior to receiving initial assess..

Hi

Dont worry too much. What will happen will happen. you cant stop. But what I
should suggest is to be positive.
If my application is refused it doesnot mean that you will also refuse. My
best wishes and prayers are with you and Hopefully it will be positive
answer.

good luck

Ali
"manas" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > In my point of view there is only two decisions..1)may call for
    > interview 2) may the same thing happen which is happend for ALI.
    > Lets think positively u will get interview. and my status again chaged
    > to In Process now from Decision Made.
    > In october they sent me a letter saying interview is waived and asked me
    > to attend medical and fbi report/landing fee.. I did everything...
    > suddenly status changed to decision made and now Inprocess..waiting for
    > interview call and my file move to seattle in feb 20.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 13th 2003, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Anyone experienced eclient "Decision made" status prior to receiving initial assess..

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your support. I have always been positive all these days, but I got scared after seeing your's and Karen's result.

Anyway, I am going to request for CAIPS notes on Monday, and let me see. Hopefully, I might get my letter about the decison made on my application within next few days.

Once again thanks for your support and prayers.

Damodar