Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone else applying under CI with CoRDA?

Wikiposts

Anyone else applying under CI with CoRDA?

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 3:24 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else applying under CI with CoRDA?

Hi
Is there anyone else out there going down the NS CI route with CoRDA?
Please can I ask how you went about this?
Trying to decide which is best route for us right now, we are coming out on a recce in June

Thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:46 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else applying under CI with CoRDA?

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Hi
Trying to decide which is best route for us right now, we are coming out on a recce in June

Thanks
There are several people who have done just that. You should get lots of good advice shortly. Good luck in your journey.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:38 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Simon, I appreciate your comment
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:10 am
Happy

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
There are several people who have done just that. You should get lots of good advice shortly. Good luck in your journey.
is there anyone out there at all please?
Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:27 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

is there anyone out there at all please?
Thanks
I'm surprised that nobody has answered you as I know that there are several very well informed folks out there who used this method. Although I live in NS in the summer and have pretty good general knowledge of the province I don't know too much about this immigration route as I've been in Canada for 40 years. I'll send a couple of PMs to see if I can get you some assistance.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:43 am
Happy

Thanks very much, that would be great and much appreciated.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:48 am
Bon Vivant

Come on folks. There are several of you in N.S. that have taken this path. Can someone please help.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:32 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

phoned on Monday
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Looks like those who did are keeping it to themselves!

Personally, I'm having a bad time of it. NS Immigration have decided to get very antsy over my application all of a sudden, and are asking for more information, more detailed plans, more $$$. They have even suggested that I might be better off applying under a different stream...how, why or what they wouldn't say.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:43 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
phoned on Monday
Thanks Nikki for the chat,was most informative and helpful. Looking forward to meeting you all in June
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks
Hi, is there anything specific you want to know? We met with corda back in march and they agreed to support our application. We received our PR a couple of weeks back so I can try and help.

I am aware however, that NS immigration seem to be asking more and more questions about an applicants connections and ties to the community, something I think the RDAs are aware of.

Feel free to drop me a pm with questions and I'll help where I can.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Looks like those who did are keeping it to themselves!

Personally, I'm having a bad time of it. NS Immigration have decided to get very antsy over my application all of a sudden, and are asking for more information, more detailed plans, more $$$. They have even suggested that I might be better off applying under a different stream...how, why or what they wouldn't say.
Hi Adrian, really does sound as if things have changed with the process! Hope you manage to sort things and get nomination soon Happy to try and help if I can, just drop me a line.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:25 am
Happy

Originally Posted by guccismith
Hi, is there anything specific you want to know? We met with corda back in march and they agreed to support our application. We received our PR a couple of weeks back so I can try and help.

I am aware however, that NS immigration seem to be asking more and more questions about an applicants connections and ties to the community, something I think the RDAs are aware of.

Feel free to drop me a pm with questions and I'll help where I can.
Thanks very much, we are currently trying to decide if the CI route or the FSW route is best for us as I am an accountant and currently trying to ascertain which accountant occupation I fall into on the list.
We are coming out to NS in June and hope to meet with Margot. Its such early days for us that we just want to pick the right route, and we only wish to come to NS.
I had heard that they were tightening things, I was just wondering how "connected" other people using the CI route are to the province and how their process went. What they did, when etc etc
Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:11 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Hi apologies but not logged on for a few days.

If you want to PM me I have just (Sept 29th) got Provincial Nomination via CI Stream (CorDA)

Can talk you through what I did..... we are 2 adults and 2 girls.....did our recce trip May/June this year

jimmydean
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:35 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nikki for the chat,was most informative and helpful. Looking forward to meeting you all in June
no probs, look forward to meeting you all too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.