Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone dropped off passport and not been able to pickup?

Wikiposts

Anyone dropped off passport and not been able to pickup?

Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:21 am
Just Joined

P-O-B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone dropped off passport and not been able to pickup?

Hi,

I dropped my passport off in London the week before last, but due to some unforseen events at work im not going to be able to get to London to pick it up this Thursday. Has anyone else had this problem and knows what would happen?

Ive sent a case specific email asking if I can pick it up the week after, but no reply yet....

Thanks!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

japanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone dropped off passport and not been able to pickup?

I'm in a similar predicament. My brother had forgotten about 3 day work training down in Sussex so he won't be able to pick it up this Thursday. I'm in Canada so turning up myself isn't an option.

If the CHC does come back to you with a reply please let me know.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:36 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by japanada
I'm in a similar predicament. My brother had forgotten about 3 day work training down in Sussex so he won't be able to pick it up this Thursday. I'm in Canada so turning up myself isn't an option.

If the CHC does come back to you with a reply please let me know.
Ring them up and ask directly.

Have you tried calling London? Telephone: 0207 258 6600 Fax: 0207 258 6333.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:02 am
Just Joined

P-O-B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Ring them up and ask directly.

Have you tried calling London? Telephone: 0207 258 6600 Fax: 0207 258 6333.
Hi, Thanks, I tried calling but you cant get through to anyone on any of the options I tried!
I did find London's email address, so emailed them as well, but no response.
I should be picking it up tomorrow, just hope I get reunited with my passprt and visa somehow next week!!

Phil.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:32 am
Just Joined

japanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant future

My brother was able to pick up my passport today. Three weeks after dropping it off. I did send a case specific e-mail to ask whether it was possible to pick it up a week later than usual. Got no reply from the CHC, I wasn't very surprised about that.

The passport will get sent over to me here in Canada and I'll have to do a flagpole.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P-O-B
Hi,

I dropped my passport off in London the week before last, but due to some unforseen events at work im not going to be able to get to London to pick it up this Thursday. Has anyone else had this problem and knows what would happen?

Ive sent a case specific email asking if I can pick it up the week after, but no reply yet....

Thanks!
You don`t have to pick it up 2 weeks later, you are able to pick it up, say, 3, 4, 5, etc. weeks later. That`s what I was told when I dropped mine off.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
You don`t have to pick it up 2 weeks later, you are able to pick it up, say, 3, 4, 5, etc. weeks later. That`s what I was told when I dropped mine off.
The wording of the PPR letter is a little ambiguous to say the least. As long as people know it can be picked up any Thursday after the second Thursday and not waste their time contacting the CHC, I'll be happy!
Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Michael-B is an unknown quantity at this point

It's fine to have someone else drop the passport off in London as well as pick it up right? I'm in Canada now and planning to Fedex mine to my parents to drop off on Thursday. The PPR letter only mentions someone else picking the passport up on the second Thursday; just want to make sure!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Michael-B
It's fine to have someone else drop the passport off in London as well as pick it up right? I'm in Canada now and planning to Fedex mine to my parents to drop off on Thursday. The PPR letter only mentions someone else picking the passport up on the second Thursday; just want to make sure!
Yes someone else can drop off and pick up. But they should have a letter from you authorising them to do so.

Ray
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Michael-B is an unknown quantity at this point

Perfect thanks Ray