Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone been refused PR on a TWP if a dependant child does not accompany you????

Anyone been refused PR on a TWP if a dependant child does not accompany you????

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough
Post Anyone been refused PR on a TWP if a dependant child does not accompany you????

Hi Everyone,

Wondered if someone could shed some light for me!!! Has anybody been refused PR if on a TWP when a dependant child does not accompany you. My son has stayed in the UK with his dad but his name is on the application, which we intend to take off when we receive the updated documents as have now sent of for fast tracking. Can things get any more complicated??????? There is always obstacles that get in the way you get over one hurdle then another one gets in the way.
Any thoughts and experience muchly appreciated, thankyou in advance.

Janeymay
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone been refused PR on a TWP if a dependant child does not accompany you????

when you think it cant get anymore complicated chick it surely does

you still have to include childs details accompanying or not

do a search tons of us same situation and its a mare or can be

for PR the vast majority have to meds even for kids who wont be coming

there are exceptions and I might be one of them shall be able to confrim this soonish I hope

you will need notorised declarations

proof of child support ( eg letter from CSA stating no arrears and how payments will continue)

sworn declaration from other parent

ask anything you like

but do get the ball rolling as soon as you can as thse things take time to sort

if you have an ex who has no objections to anything you will not have any problems though
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anyone been refused PR on a TWP if a dependant child does not accompany you????

Originally Posted by chumley
when you think it cant get anymore complicated chick it surely does

you still have to include childs details accompanying or not

do a search tons of us same situation and its a mare or can be

for PR the vast majority have to meds even for kids who wont be coming

there are exceptions and I might be one of them shall be able to confrim this soonish I hope

you will need notorised declarations

proof of child support ( eg letter from CSA stating no arrears and how payments will continue)

sworn declaration from other parent

ask anything you like

but do get the ball rolling as soon as you can as thse things take time to sort

if you have an ex who has no objections to anything you will not have any problems though
Thank you Chumley for your info, i feel sick now i have come across this as my ex is not very co-operative and worried in case it slows the process down or even gets rejected, my son is almost 16 if that would make any difference. There are no child maintenance involved as he has one son and i have another if anything he is still paying me arrears from when they were both living with me, as my son as only been with him 18 months and he had 10 years of messing me about with paying maintenance. All of this stinks and is just added stress on top of the stress already
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeymay
Thank you Chumley for your info, i feel sick now i have come across this as my ex is not very co-operative and worried in case it slows the process down or even gets rejected, my son is almost 16 if that would make any difference. There are no child maintenance involved as he has one son and i have another if anything he is still paying me arrears from when they were both living with me, as my son as only been with him 18 months and he had 10 years of messing me about with paying maintenance. All of this stinks and is just added stress on top of the stress already

please dont worry about rejection you wont get rejected because of this!!

however there is stuff to sort so you best get cracking on with it

first of all

will your ex object to the child having meds?

do you have the childs birth cert? if not dont panic you can get a new one easily online sent to canada

have you serached posts on this there os loads of info wording for declarations etc look at my posts to start and you will see loads of thread form other who have been through the same thing

what about the other child is that one with you in canada?

as i say there are exceptions to kids needing meds but i cant confrim this just yet but well be able to do shortly

I would not say it slowed anything down at all for us but I did anticipate probs and gave stuff to CHC before they asked for it knowing that they surely would!!

we did get asked for birth certs when they sent med requests and this panicked me as we are in canada and of course dont have any kids birth certs but was easy to solve ordered online rapid service arrived within 10 days that was onlt thing that caught me on the hop
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

you will still have to prove the child support issues to chc do you have any court orders or any agreements in place?

or anything in writing to say that your ex is satisfied with child support arrangements?
chc need to be satisifed on this makes no difference if its the mother or father coming to canada each is eqaually liable for child support as you no doubt know
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

just read your post made in septemebr saying you already have a signed oath from your ex so is it soemthing else you are concerend about??
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

please dont worry about rejection you wont get rejected because of this!!

however there is stuff to sort so you best get cracking on with it

first of all

will your ex object to the child having meds?

do you have the childs birth cert? if not dont panic you can get a new one easily online sent to canada

have you serached posts on this there os loads of info wording for declarations etc look at my posts to start and you will see loads of thread form other who have been through the same thing

what about the other child is that one with you in canada?

as i say there are exceptions to kids needing meds but i cant confrim this just yet but well be able to do shortly

I would not say it slowed anything down at all for us but I did anticipate probs and gave stuff to CHC before they asked for it knowing that they surely would!!

we did get asked for birth certs when they sent med requests and this panicked me as we are in canada and of course dont have any kids birth certs but was easy to solve ordered online rapid service arrived within 10 days that was onlt thing that caught me on the hop
Thanks once again Chumley, thankfully i kept hold of the long birth certificate and only gave his dad the short one, and yes my other son is with us in Canada and i also already have a signed declaration which he had to go to solictors to get signed but is dated about 20 months ago and has both names on it, not sure if this will make a difference or not, also not sure if you know but if i have meds done for him and hes not accompanying us do they still request is passport as this could proove difficult. And not sure if his father will co-operate with the meds unless i could do it otherways i.e. my mum taking him without him knowing, as he does go to my mums quite a bit especially in school holidays (just a thought anyway for plan B).
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks once again Chumley, thankfully i kept hold of the long birth certificate and only gave his dad the short one, and yes my other son is with us in Canada and i also already have a signed declaration which he had to go to solictors to get signed but is dated about 20 months ago and has both names on it, not sure if this will make a difference or not, also not sure if you know but if i have meds done for him and hes not accompanying us do they still request is passport as this could proove difficult. And not sure if his father will co-operate with the meds unless i could do it otherways i.e. my mum taking him without him knowing, as he does go to my mums quite a bit especially in school holidays (just a thought anyway for plan B).

good news re the declarartion as it definilty needs names of both children on

personally i would go with plan B and get the meds done as you suggest and yes both must have passports so you need to get that sorted asap if they havent already got them

passport are needed for meds and by chc at PPR stage

good luck what a mare but you will get there
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

good news re the declarartion as it definilty needs names of both children on

personally i would go with plan B and get the meds done as you suggest and yes both must have passports so you need to get that sorted asap if they havent already got them

passport are needed for meds and by chc at PPR stage

good luck what a mare but you will get there
Thank you and both sons have passports, but the down side is that his dad has my sons passport and wont even give it to my mum so she can book him a ticket to come out in a couple of months time and wont book a ticket without it as dont really trust him, so if hes being awkward over this pretty much sure he will be awkward if they request passport even though he will not be coming, i just hope im stressing over something that will work out in the end. Thanks once again for your advice its greatly appreciated and hope that everything works out for you
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you and both sons have passports, but the down side is that his dad has my sons passport and wont even give it to my mum so she can book him a ticket to come out in a couple of months time and wont book a ticket without it as dont really trust him, so if hes being awkward over this pretty much sure he will be awkward if they request passport even though he will not be coming, i just hope im stressing over something that will work out in the end. Thanks once again for your advice its greatly appreciated and hope that everything works out for you
ask your son to get it and give it your mother

what a mess these things are huge luck and everything crossed for you
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you and both sons have passports, but the down side is that his dad has my sons passport and wont even give it to my mum so she can book him a ticket to come out in a couple of months time and wont book a ticket without it as dont really trust him,
Once he is 16 he can apply for a new British passport of his own (he would need to report to the Passport Office that his father has confiscated his existing passport).

Important question: Does he want the option to join you in Canada? If so, he should do medicals. His father cannot stop him doing medicals.

Visa is another issue, but as far as Britain is concerned, his father has no right to prevent him moving once he reaches age 16.