Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone applyed for fsw with a job offer too? Advice needed pls

Anyone applyed for fsw with a job offer too? Advice needed pls

Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:29 am

MrMrsChapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone applyed for fsw with a job offer too? Advice needed pls

Hi,

My husband and I were planning on applying for PR FSW1 (my husband is on 'the list'), we were initially applying without jobs offered, but out of the blue we have heard back from a prospective employer and my husband may be offered a job over the next few days. Is this likely to speed up the application if he has a job offer? Or are we best to go down a different route, possibly TWP then apply for PR while out there?

Advice needed please! Anyone else experienced this?

MrsC
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone applyed for fsw with a job offer too? Advice needed pls

Hi

Originally Posted by MrMrsChapman
Hi,

My husband and I were planning on applying for PR FSW1 (my husband is on 'the list'), we were initially applying without jobs offered, but out of the blue we have heard back from a prospective employer and my husband may be offered a job over the next few days. Is this likely to speed up the application if he has a job offer? Or are we best to go down a different route, possibly TWP then apply for PR while out there?

MrsC
1. A job offer will not speed up the process.
2. Apply for PR now if your spouse qualifies, and there is nothing stopping you going to Canada on TWP (if the LMO is approved and the TWP is approved) and working in Canada while the PR application is processed.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:43 pm

Thankyou! Just what I needed to know
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMrsChapman
Hi,

MrsC
I had a job offer in the period between submitting my initial application to Sydney, NS and sending the follow up through to the High Commission, London. I can't say whether it speeds things up or not, apparently not as the previous post suggests. You can see from my sig block time-line an indication of how long things might take - not too bad really.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by joepublic
I had a job offer in the period between submitting my initial application to Sydney, NS and sending the follow up through to the High Commission, London. I can't say whether it speeds things up or not, apparently not as the previous post suggests. You can see from my sig block time-line an indication of how long things might take - not too bad really.
Thanks JP

I just hope hubby gets the job, we should find out soon!

Good luck with your application!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I had a job offer over Christmas and plan to apply for a TWP at point of entry this Sat armed with my LMO. And we'll be re-applying for FSW as I've got a job offer.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by spaceace
I had a job offer over Christmas and plan to apply for a TWP at point of entry this Sat armed with my LMO. And we'll be re-applying for FSW as I've got a job offer.
How exciting, congratulations!

Will keep an eye on your timeline! Good luck househunting and hope the new job goes well!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

thank you....my point was that if you have a job offer and LMO you can get out there much quicker.

Good luck :-)
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:04 pm

Thanks, the prospective employer seems very keen, even offering to try and find my husband a job in another area of the company if he cannot find a job with a 'dovetail fit' to my husbands qualifications. So it looks quite promising (although I dont want to be too optimistic and jinx it! ).

It would be great to be able to get a job offer, lmo and a twp and just get out of here and into Canada this year We havent got a house to sell so technically we could be out quickly with everything in place

Exciting stuff