Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anyone applied for FSW through Cat 1 since Nov 08?

Anyone applied for FSW through Cat 1 since Nov 08?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future
Default Anyone applied for FSW through Cat 1 since Nov 08?

Hi!

Just wanting to know if anyone has applied for FSW visa through Category 1 under the new system (Nov 08 onwards). We have just send the initial application off to CPC Sydney to check if we are eligible.

Website says takes 'several weeks' and they will send info back either you are eligible and need to submit docs to CIC London or you are not eligible.

Is anyone currently going through this process and got experience of the timescale for hearing back from CPC Sydney?

Let me know if you have

Thanks
Lucy
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:46 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone applied for FSW through Cat 1 since Nov 08?

Hi

Originally Posted by lucycrow
Hi!

Just wanting to know if anyone has applied for FSW visa through Category 1 under the new system (Nov 08 onwards). We have just send the initial application off to CPC Sydney to check if we are eligible.

Website says takes 'several weeks' and they will send info back either you are eligible and need to submit docs to CIC London or you are not eligible.

Is anyone currently going through this process and got experience of the timescale for hearing back from CPC Sydney?

Let me know if you have

Thanks
Lucy
From other forums applicants after 28/02/08 are getting refusals and some are getting letters stating application has been forward to overseas visa office for processing. Seem running fairly rapidly right now.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:49 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry cannot help with info, but perhaps you could start a thread for FSW Cat 1 Timelines(or something like that) and then everyone can add their own time lines like we have for PNP, LMO and TWP

Just a thought, there are a few on here that have submitted applications under the new process
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucycrow

We sent our application off for FSW visa through Category 1 to CPC Sydney 19 December 2008, not heard anything yet.

Poppit

Hi!

Let me know if you have

Thanks
Lucy
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

bozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nice

I sent one to Sydney NS today, likewise I'll post when I hear something. Not much help at the moment I know.

chocolate teapot
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Our application went to Sydney on 9th Jan and was signed for on the 14th Jan.

What I will say, be patient and don't wait to start gathering all the info you need if you are accepted---don't put off what can be done today otherwise you will be delayed further.

All I really need is some valuations and my mortgage statement. Everything pretty much in place otherwise......well need to send off police checks--next week.

Plenty to do for all of us lets crack on !!!!

JET
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi All

Thanks for all the comments and your experiences. It's always good to hear from people in the same boat and playing the same waiting game!!

I will set up a timescales post when I get home from work (just checking forum in my work break!) so we can all log our timescales and other people will be able to see them.

My husband and I are both actually applying for a BUNAC visa as well as wanted to get 1 year's work experience and then realised we were eligible for PR under new regs so have done that.

As a result, have already applied for Police Checks and will need a medical for BUNAC (am a teacher) so hopefully they can be used for PR if we get the go-ahead to send docs to High Commission!

Hopefully won't take too long for initial check as Police Checks are only valid a certain length of time.

Watch out for the timescale post!

Lucy
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:39 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Just wanting to know if anyone has applied for FSW visa through Category 1 under the new system (Nov 08 onwards).
Hi Lucy,

My timeline is shown below, best of luck, hope you receive some good news soon
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:42 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Hopefully won't take too long for initial check as Police Checks are only valid a certain length of time.
Pretty sure it's 3 months, I'm holding off a few weeks before applying for them just in case.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Hammy

Thanks for your info.

Did you send your application directly to the High Commission or did you have to send to CPC Sydney, NS first? I think that it's only since 28th Nov 08 that the Cat 1 FSW applications have to be sent to CPC Sydney, NS first.

We were really unlucky as applied last March with husband as the principal applicant and got ours back Dec 08 saying we were ineligible. Annoyingly my job is on the list for Cat 1 so if I had been the principal applicant, we would have been quite far in the process!

Hopefully we will have more luck this time!

Thanks again

Lucy
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

kirat is on a distinguished road

dear all,
let me share a bit of knowledge i have about nova scotia processing. belive me it is very fast, two guys has already recieved positive reply fron cic nova scotia. it took them almost five weeks. so just keep your fingers crossed. u wiil hear from them very quickly.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:48 am
passport photo

Hi Hammy

Thanks for your info.

Did you send your application directly to the High Commission or did you have to send to CPC Sydney, NS first? I think that it's only since 28th Nov 08 that the Cat 1 FSW applications have to be sent to CPC Sydney, NS first.

We were really unlucky as applied last March with husband as the principal applicant and got ours back Dec 08 saying we were ineligible. Annoyingly my job is on the list for Cat 1 so if I had been the principal applicant, we would have been quite far in the process!

Hopefully we will have more luck this time!

Thanks again

Lucy
Sent to CHC London and they fwd'd to NS, then back to London (was mentioned on my 120 day letter that my file was now back at CHC)

Good luck, hope everything works out