Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Anybody been refused visitor's extension?

Anybody been refused visitor's extension?

Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

nataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to all
Default Anybody been refused visitor's extension?

Been refused a visitor's extension but have positive LMO. Don't know what to do? Cross the border and apply for work permit in Seattle?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody been refused visitor's extension?

Originally Posted by nataliehahn
Been refused a visitor's extension but have positive LMO. Don't know what to do? Cross the border and apply for work permit in Seattle?
Would have thought that would have been what you would do with your LMO

BTW Congrats on the job and LMO
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

nataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to all

I'm worried that they'll turn the work permit down because on the letter from CIC it says that I have to leave Canada immediately. Will this look bad on work permit app?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worried that they'll turn the work permit down because on the letter from CIC it says that I have to leave Canada immediately. Will this look bad on work permit app?
Rhetorical question -

Do you really have to show them the letter from CIC refusing you visitor extension ?

I would go to POE and request your TWP with your positiver LMO backed up by copy of job offer/contract of employment, ceritficates for any qualifications you have

Gaynor
x
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Gaynor. I hope it is as easy as this, otherwise have no idea what i'll do if not.

I guess I just panicked when I opened the letter from CIC today
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Gaynor. I hope it is as easy as this, otherwise have no idea what i'll do if not.

I guess I just panicked when I opened the letter from CIC today
Think it is only natural to panic when you have to face immigration officers - I was the same when I came to get my open WP even tho my hubby was already here on his TWP

Good Luck once again

Gaynor
x
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

BTW, I also have app in for BC PNP. Shall I tell IO this when applying for work permit app?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

strength is on a distinguished road

Now i now what to do when i am over that side when i get a labour market opnion.Leave canada yes been told that you can do this. Pm how you got on I will send you the information that i got from someone in the same position.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Panic over. Went to Seattle and was issued 2 year work permit. Had quite a tough interview though, the IO knew about refusal, I guess everything is on the computer.

Funny thing is, although it's a low skilled visa my husband was asked whether he would like to apply for an open work permit as a dependent. Naturally we said yes and needless to say he is now the proud holder of an open work permit
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

strength is on a distinguished road

HI,
Would just like to know what occupation it is if it is the ones that states occupations under pressure bc and alberta
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Yes it is one of the E-LMO occupations. I have another LMO application in which I have been waiting for 22 weeks now, so we decided to put an application in for E-LMO while waiting for the other.