Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any TWP advice for a newbie please?...

Any TWP advice for a newbie please?...

Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

pipd77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any TWP advice for a newbie please?...

Hello everyone,
We are relatively new to this forum, so any response will be gratefully received!

We submitted the simple application form for PR back in early June and were wondering if it is correct that we should receive acknowledgment of receipt from the CHC?

Also, with having just landed back from holiday in Vancouver on Saturday, while there, we tracked down an old friend who emigrated from the UK 7yrs ago. He has been advertising for an assistant baker at his bakery for over a year and so offered me the job. Although I have no formal qualifications in baking, I have 3yrs experience of working in a bakery as that's where we first met.
Does anybody know if formal qualifications are necessary for a TWP or will my experience suffice?

Thanks in advance,
pipd77
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:42 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any TWP advice for a newbie please?...

He will need to apply for an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) to prove he has advertised the job nationwide and cannot fill the roll with a National and therefore needs to employ you, a foreigner.
Then you apply for TWP etc etc
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by pipd77
Hello everyone,
We are relatively new to this forum, so any response will be gratefully received!

We submitted the simple application form for PR back in early June and were wondering if it is correct that we should receive acknowledgment of receipt from the CHC?

Also, with having just landed back from holiday in Vancouver on Saturday, while there, we tracked down an old friend who emigrated from the UK 7yrs ago. He has been advertising for an assistant baker at his bakery for over a year and so offered me the job. Although I have no formal qualifications in baking, I have 3yrs experience of working in a bakery as that's where we first met.
Does anybody know if formal qualifications are necessary for a TWP or will my experience suffice?

Thanks in advance,
pipd77
The problem will be is that you don't have the qualifications as a baker, no apprenticeship, so the best you can try for is helper and I don't think he will get an LMO for that.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Hmmm, I was worried that you might say that!
The thing is, he's been advertising for about a year, and with being on one of the smaller islands just off of Vancouver, help is quite sparce, so with me willing to move there, would that have any sway my way do yer think?

Ta!
pip
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:17 am
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pipd77
Hmmm, I was worried that you might say that!
The thing is, he's been advertising for about a year, and with being on one of the smaller islands just off of Vancouver, help is quite sparce, so with me willing to move there, would that have any sway my way do yer think?

Ta!
pip
Ask him to tey for the LMO.

Then you'll know
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks plw! I will just have to stay positive