Any solution ??!!!

Old Aug 21st 2004, 6:29 pm
Pilot Adam

ahmed_maj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any solution ??!!!

Hello all
i have a complicated story and i wish somebody will be able to help me ...
i live in Canada on a student Visa since December 2002 and been living here countinously since in entered the country ....
somehow i am in a relationship with a woman who is older than me (14 years difference)...!!!! we been dating for a while and i like her...we are planing to get married so i can stay her with her but the problem is that she is on ODSP
(Ontario Disability Support Program).. which offers her a limited income arround 900$cdn a month ...but my real concern is that she was married to an australian cetizen in 2001 and she applied to sponser him to stay her but things did not work out and he left the country before he got his landed immigrant statues in canada and she revoked the application before it was approved...
As i said in the start my problem in very complicated because
1st thing the age difference ..i am 22 and she is 36...(is that a big concern for immigration canada to concider the marriage as Genuine marriage? marriage)??!!
2nd thing that she is on disabilty benifet program
3rd her application to sponder somebody else in 2001 which was not complited and was revoked before the preminent residency is approved..

I would appreciat if there is a big expert to answer this big problem and advice me about what i should do and what is going to happen if she applies to sponser me .... Notice.. i Hold a study permit Valid till August 2006..
THanks for ur time
Old Aug 21st 2004, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any solution ??!!!

somehow your story sounds too suspicious . add to the fact that your girlfriend tried to sponsor an aussie for residenship before and which was cancelled plus her status will be weighed heavily by the immigration authorities. This is just my opinion and you can disregard it , but i am sure many others may feel this way

Last edited by Kevin007; Aug 21st 2004 at 7:00 pm. Reason: error
Old Aug 21st 2004, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

merdealorsen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Any solution ??!!!

Sometimes reality is funnier that fiction. There is no way you are going to stay married to this lady long enough to get your citizenship as she will be well into her forties. So immigration may approve the application (just for kicks) knowing full well the marriage will collapse and you will be kicked out of the country.

How about you wait for the next couple of years until your visa expires before marrying someone who is getting welfare payments eh. Also, check into to provincial divorce law. You wouldn’t want to be stuck paying her alimony! And for goodness sakes where a condom (or two)!

I assume you are studying creative writing eh?

Think about using your degree in whatever third world country you came here from. They need it more than we do.

http://www.geocities.com/merdealorsen/immigration.html
Originally Posted by Kevin007
somehow your story sounds too suspicious . add to the fact that your girlfriend tried to sponsor an aussie for residenship before and which was cancelled plus her status will be weighed heavily by the immigration authorities. This is just my opinion and you can disregard it , but i am sure many others may feel this way
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 4:22 pm
Pilot Adam

ahmed_maj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You Kevin for your reply
for the fact that i know my story sounds too suspicous i worte this post in this forum to get an idea of what would happen if we go ahead and start the application.. i need to know what would happen and how the immigration officer would decide wither to approve the application or not ...
we will be living togather in the same place and we will be legally married...
and by the way MR merdealorsen i don't need your funny comments which makes you laugh alone (1 Condom will do the job )and ODSP is not the same as welfare (Jut to let u know); but it is Ontario Disability support program for people who were injured or have a permanent disabilty....... for the matter of fact i did not come from a thired world country as i am a US Born
i would appreciate if anybody would know what would happen after i submit the application... i hope mr Miller will get the time to respond to this post
Thank u all
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahmedbhai, i recommend sending a private e-mail to Andrew or Jim, who may be able to help you better. Nice to know that you are American born but why in God's holy name do you want to settle /immigrate to Canada when as an American citizen you have access to top universities there. Even if you wanna work, i guess NAFTA has provisions to enable skilled labour exchange on a reciprocal basis. Finally i would suggest polishing your English writing skills.
Indeed it is true what they say..." The good old days of English are went"