Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any problems getting a SIN as a PR recently?

Any problems getting a SIN as a PR recently?

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Amandine57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any problems getting a SIN as a PR recently?

No address on it ?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 4:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Mine had my sponsor's address on it because I was a family applicant (spouse). I don't know if people coming over as FSW have an address on theirs.

You shouldn't worry about what is on the COPR, if there is an error on it when you get it then you can get it changed.

I also had a landing interview (I was an inland applicant) and found them very nice, chatty and supportive; they issued the COPR and gave me a welcome to Canada pack and told me to head up to Service Ontario to get my SI number. If you are an inland (spousal) applicant then they will need your sponsor to attend as well.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 22nd 2012 at 4:56 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by siouxie
Mine had my sponsor's address on it because I was a family applicant (spouse). I don't know if people coming over as FSW have an address on theirs.

You shouldn't worry about what is on the COPR, if there is an error on it when you get it then you can get it changed.

I also applied through my spouse.
The reason why i'm asking is because we moved very recently (after I received the letter for the landing interview, but BEFORE the landing interview). We did change both my address and his address online, but i'm not sure the COPR will properly reflect it.
The good thing is that my mailing address has not changed =)

So if there is an error, you can get it changed and it does not delay anything ?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 4:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amandine57
I also applied through my spouse.
The reason why i'm asking is because we moved very recently (after I received the letter for the landing interview, but BEFORE the landing interview). We did change both my address and his address online, but i'm not sure the COPR will properly reflect it.
The good thing is that my mailing address has not changed =)

So if there is an error, you can get it changed and it does not delay anything ?
When you go for your landing interview, just tell them that you have moved and they will amend the address there and then if it is showing the wrong one. It won't delay anything but probably a good idea to have something with you to prove the new address if possible. It's the sponsors address that shows on the COPR, by the way.

Don't forget the camera for your spouse to take a photo (outside with CIC office sign behind you) commemorating the momentous occasion, lol.

Edit: Remember to keep your COPR safe - you will need it both for Citizenship and Canada Pension purposes.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 22nd 2012 at 5:02 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by siouxie
When you go for your landing interview, just tell them that you have moved and they will amend the address there and then if it is showing the wrong one. It won't delay anything but probably a good idea to have something with you to prove the new address if possible.

Don't forget the camera for your spouse to take a photo (outside with CIC office sign behind you) commemorating the momentous occasion, lol.

=) =) thank you so much for your help !
I'm excited and stressed out at the same time.
I have been working but got a job offer in another company for the job of my dreams, starting 4 days after my landing interview ... so basically, nothing can go wrong =) =)
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Amandine57
=) =) thank you so much for your help !
I'm excited and stressed out at the same time.
I have been working but got a job offer in another company for the job of my dreams, starting 4 days after my landing interview ... so basically, nothing can go wrong =) =)
You are most welcome.

Don't be stressed (easy to say, I know) - they are very nice and it's really just a formality. You get asked if you are still living together, what colour your eyes are and what your height is, have you any children outside of Canada, have you committed any crimes that you have not revealed etc.

Then they tell you what is on the COPR and ask if it is all correct (this is when you would say about the address, if it's wrong). You have to sign in a tiny box and then they will welcome you.

There is some information in the following link - though my husband was not taken into a separate office for anything, we went in together and the Immigration Officer was telling us jokes!

Don't forget to take ID with you both (passport or similar)... it should tell you in the letter anyway.

http://www.settlement.org/discuss/to...?TOPIC_ID=6888

Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly.