Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any one planning to use the refund of canadian government immigration fees option?

Wikiposts

Any one planning to use the refund of canadian government immigration fees option?

Old Jun 18th 2002, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

hanu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one planning to use the refund of canadian government immigration fees option?

give your feedback here.
Old Jun 18th 2002, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

levu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any one planning to use the refund of canadian government immigration fees option?

Though I think I don't stand much of a chance, I'll be damned if I've come this far only to end it all now. I think like most people I've decided just to sit tight and hope the selection officer gets out of bed on the right side the day they do my application.

I'm resigned to leaving my fate in the hands of the embassy....even if that does mean they'll probably steal $500 off me - must be the easiest $500 the government of Canada ever made.
Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

hanu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any one planning to use the refund of canadian government immigration fees option?

yes you are right..I am saying this becoz..they have competely changed the selection grid 2 times in a row now, while applications are in progress.No country does changes to the selection grid after accepting the immigration fees except raising the passmarks which is dynamic .The other countries like Australia and NewZealand only raise passmarks with in the same selection grid.The foolishness/laziness of Canadian Government regarding immigration and their apparent inabillity to have a vision , is being borne by the Immigrantion fees of the potential immigrants and their families worldwide.
Old Jun 19th 2002, 1:20 am
Jason Brown

> in the same selection grid.The foolishness/laziness of Canadian Government
    > regarding immigration and their apparent inabillity to have a vision , is being
    > borne by the Immigrantion fees of the potential immigrants and their families
    > worldwide.
Since immigrating to a country with a foolish government would not be a good idea,
why don't you go to the other countries with non-foolish governments like Aus and NZ.

Old Jun 19th 2002, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Believe me the thought had crossed my mind.

Canada have one royally screwed up government...its because they're obsessed with tax cuts these days - they are cutting budgets all over the place. At CIC they're expected to process more people every year while at the same time they have their budget cut. Something had to give - apprently they decided the easiest way out of this situation of their own making, was to screw over the foreigners....we don't have votes after all.

I'm thinking perhaps canada doesn't deserve my skills and fabulous personality in the first place I'll somewhere where I'm more appriciated.
Old Jun 19th 2002, 9:20 am
Anonymous

On 19 Jun 2002 18:20:17 GMT, levu <[email protected]> wrote:

>Believe me the thought had crossed my mind.
    >
    >Canada have one royally screwed up government...its because they're obsessed with
    >tax cuts these days - they are cutting budgets all over the place. At CIC they're
    >expected to process more people every year while at the same time they have their
    >budget cut. Something had to give
    >- apprently they decided the easiest way out of this situation of their own making,
    > was to screw over the foreigners....we don't have votes after all.
    >
    >I'm thinking perhaps canada doesn't deserve my skills and fabulous personality in
    >the first place I'll somewhere where I'm more appriciated.

Hey...the People of Canada has spoken....we need the tax cuts!! My husband earns 50K
a year, and used to pay about 50% in taxes.

I am truly sorry if the rest of the world doesn't like it, but we need these cuts.

Old Jun 19th 2002, 12:20 pm
Jason Brown

levu <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Believe me the thought had crossed my mind.
    >
    >
    > I'm thinking perhaps canada doesn't deserve my skills and fabulous personality in
    > the first place I'll somewhere where I'm more appriciated.

for every person not willing to come, there are 1000s of similar people willing to
come to Canada.

I am sure Canada won't need you. Please do not come here. Thank you.

Old Jun 19th 2002, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jason don't be such a twerp.

The comment was obviously meant tounge in cheek.

I'll go wherever the hell I like thankyou and I don't much care for your nasty little opinions either way.

levu.

PS. There is no such thing as a "similar" person. Everyone is unique and special in some way. Unless you're one of those morons who think all a person is is a bunch of rubber stamped bits of paper and a title or two.